Regrettable': Germany reacts to Trump plan to withdraw US troops

It is a classic movie reference to a type of "dare". I am daring you to ask US to leave your country, to make your action match your words.

If you don't need US, and we are soooooo stupid, why are your leaders unhappy that Trump is winding down the Alliance?

The Soviet Union is gone. The Cold War is over. I would think you would be happy to see US go.

Many Germans depend on the American presence for their financial livelihoods. Cafes, bars, restaurants, car dealerships etc.

During previous drawdowns, there were many bankruptcies.

Many Germans depend on the American presence for their financial livelihoods. Cafes, bars, restaurants, car dealerships etc.

Bah. Minor issues with such an advanced and well run nation. Having fewer heavily armed idiots, who take orders from an idiot, in their country, is obviously far bigger benefit worth losing a few bars.

If they mean the shit they say, about how they think we and/or our leader are stupid and/or bad people,

then they should be happy to see US go.

If they don't believe these shit they are always saying, then why do they say it?

AND, what kind of people, accept help and protection from a friend, and then constantly bad mouths him?

It is a classic movie reference to a type of "dare". I am daring you to ask US to leave your country, to make your action match your words.

For me personally it is unimportant how many soldiers from the USA are in Germany. It is a long tradition now - more than 60 years - and we never had big problems with soldiers from the USA. Sure had happened also tragedies in this long time - I remember for example an US-American boy, who threw heavy stones from a bridge over an Autobahn. He murdered a young lady in this way. His father had the choice to let use US-American laws or to use German laws. He took the German laws. I hope the young boy grew old, learned to overtake responsibility and is now a valuable member of the US-American society.

On the other side: I know lots of Germans and US-Americans who had a lot of fun together. US-soldiers got for example once a bear during a mission in the former state Yugoslavia. They gave it to our German soldiers, because they did not know what to do with a bear in times of war - and our soldiers had a lot of fun with this playmate. I still enjoy this nice pictures to see our soldiers play with a bear. Later the bear got a good place in a German zoo.

If you don't need US,

We do not need the USA - the USA needs us! We are here the Europeans.

and we are soooooo stupid,

What may I say? It's damned stupid to make an egocentralized extremist and/or criminal idiot like Donald Trump to the president of the USA.

why are your leaders unhappy that Trump is winding down the Alliance?

Which alliance? The NATO is dead since Donald Trump is president of the USA, who seems to think the NATO has to be an organisation under the command of the US-president. Emmanuel Macron called the NATO "brain dead" in an authentic and spontanous speech - not very diplomatic - not totally true - but the best description about the current situation of the NATO. Putin did a damned good job, when he had catapulted Donald Trump into the white house. What Putin underestimates is it, that also Russia needs a stable NATO.

The Soviet Union is gone. The Cold War is over.

Astonishing idea for an US-American. Do you slowly realize this? Though you still fight against the Soviet Union and Nazi-Germany? His stupid supporters do not really know what is going on in the world - they do not even like to know what is really going on. They think they are safe. That's why Trump ignores Corona. He thinks numbers on pieces of paper are the reality. And the reality changes, if he changes this numbers with a big rubber. If it really would be so, then we had to fight Donald Trump because he is the big nothing.

I would think you would be happy to see US go.

Why? The USA is not Trump. And the USA are also not the idiots from the republicans and democrats, who both together attack Germany and Russia and the free trade in the world, because the pipeline Nordstream 2 (a third parallel pipeline) makes it for Poland and for the Ukraine more difficult to use pressure on Germany and Europe, while they like to control the natural gas, which comes anyway from Russia to Europe - with or without Nord Stream 2.

By the way - whatever Germany is doing or not doing: You will not reduce your exorbitant high military household. Happy election campaign.

Last edited:
For me personally it is unimportana how many soldiers from the USA are in Germany. It is a long tradition now - more than 60 years - and we never had big problems with soldiers of the USA. Sure had ahujopend also tragedies - I remember for example an US-American boy, who threw heavy stones from an bridge over an Autobahn. He murdered a young lady in this way. His father had the choice to let use US-American laws or to use German laws. He took the German laws. I hope the young boy grew old, learned to overtake responsioblity and is now a valuable member of the US-American society.

On the other side: I know lots of Germans and US-Americans had a lot of fun. together. US-soldiers got for excample a bear during the a mission in the former state Yugoslavia they gave it to our German soldiers, because they did not know what to do with a bear in times of war - our sodiers had a lot of fun with this playmate. I still enjoy this nice picture to see our soldiers play with a bear. The bear got a good place in a German zoo.

We do not need the USA - the USA needs us! We are here the Europeans.

What may I say? It's damned stupid to make an egocentralized extremist and/or criminal idiot like Donald Trump to the president of the USA.

Which alliance? The NATO is dead since Donald Trump is president of the USA, who seems to think the NATO has to be an organisation under the command of the US-president. Emmanuel Macron called the NATO "brain dead" in an authentic and spontanous speech - not very diplomatic - not totally true - but the best description about the current situation of the NATO. Putin did a damned good job, when he had catapulted Donald Trump into the white house. What Putin underestimates is it, that also Russia needs a stable NATO.

Astonishing idea for an US-American. Do you slowly realize this? Though you still fight against the Socviet Union and Nazi-Germany? His stupid supporters do not really know what is going on in the world - they do not even like to know what is really going on. They think they are save. That's why Trump ignores Corona. He thinks numbers on pieces of paper are the reality. And the reality changes if he changes this numbers with a big rubber. If it really would be so, then we had to fight Donald Trump because he is the big nothing.

Why? The USA is not Trump. And the USA are also not the idiots from the republicans and democrats, who both together attack Germany and Russia and the free trade in the world, because the pipeline Nordstream 2 (a third parallel pipeline) makes it for Poland and for the Ukraine more difficult to use pressure on Germany and Europe, because they like to control the natural gas, which comes anyway from Russia to Europe - with or without Nord Stream 2.

So, to be clear, you want to continue to have US soldiers there to protect you, and you plan to continue to bad mouth US, while benefiting from our protection, even though you don't need US, and we are the stupid ones who don't know the Cold War is over.

That is some very confused thinking on your part.

Chernigov, you say... North-East of Ukraine, native Russian speaker, not accustomed to hear Polish or West-Ukrainian speech. Ok. What about the written speech?
-------------
Ukraińska krew to wroga krew. Jestem Polakiem
Żaden Ukrainiec nie jest moim bratem
W zgodzie z historią, a nie na bakier
Niesie mnie prawda, nie powstrzyma żadna propaganda
[... ]
----
May be, this song would be more easy to understand?

I understand the first half of the text, but can only presume the meaning of the second.

No, I don't understand this song, either. Even with given transcription.

US-Americans in Germany get nearly everything what they need for their daily life from the USA. They buy "patriotic". Economically are the US-American soldiers not very important in Germany. You have about 17000 US-American civilists, who care for about 35000 soliers. (Trump called them "52,000 soldiers"). In 1985 for example were 246,875 US-soldiers in Germany.

Never heard so. Sure it is for some villages and other little communities a problem, but I guess more a problem because they get money from the federal republic to be able to take care for a bigger infra-structure. This wil be reduced if ther sino need for tzhei strcuture any longer. And sure will get some hotels or restaurants problems. Perhaps some taxi-drivers too. And fro the US-forces work also some Germans. Low-payed jobs, as far as I heard.

Last edited:
So, to be clear, you want to continue to have US soldiers there to protect you,

No. It is unimportnat for me personally how many US-soldiers are in Germany. But I love tradition.

and you plan to continue to bad mouth US,

Reality is reality and truth is true.

while benefiting from our protection,

Why for heavens sake are you so stupid to try to propagate to me Trump's hate-nonsense? The Trump story: "The good USA and bad Germany" is only a propagandistic bullshit structure. The backgrond is "divide et impera". Trump just simple calculates everyone hates Germans - and who hates Germans and/or Germany will be on his side.

even though you don't need US, and we are the stupid ones who don't know the Cold War is over.

Exactly.

That is some very confused thinking on your part.

Your politics in context Russia is a cold war politics. That's exactly what Putin keeps in power. As well Putin and Trump were for example happy, when they had cancelled revolutionary the treaty between Gorbachev and Reagan, which had made the world to a more safe place.

Last edited:
No. It is unimportnat for me personally how many US-soldiers are in Germany. But I love tradition.

Why for heavens sake are you so stupid to try to propagate to me Trump's hate-nonsense? The Trump story: "The good USA and bad Germany" is only a propagandistic bullshit structure. The backgrond is "divide et impera". Trump just simple calculates everyone hates Germans - and who hates Germans and/or Germany will be on his side.

Exactly.

Your "our" is confused - because you are not "our".

IMO, time for US to go. You are not our friends. This is not about me hating you, or Trump telling me anything.

It is your obvious contempt for US.

US-Americans in Germany get nearly everything what they need for their daily life from the USA. They buy "patriotic". Economically are the US-American soldiers not very important in Germany. You have about 17000 US-American civilists, who care for about 35000 soliers. (Trump called them "52,000 soldiers"). In 1985 for example were 246,875 US-soldiers in Germany.

Never heard so. Sure it is for some villages and other little communities a problem, but I guess more a problem because they get money from the federal republic to be able to take care for a bigger infra-structure. This wil be reduced if ther sino need for tzhei strcuture any longer. And sure will get some hotels or restaurants problems. Perhaps some taxi-drivers too. And fro the US-forces work also some Germans. Low-payed jobs, as far as I heard.

What they buy depends on the dollar/euro rate.

Exactly.

IMO, time for US to go. You are not our friends. This is not about me hating you, or Trump telling me anything.

Do you know what's totally ununderstandable in the relations between the USA and Germany? Germany never did do in history anything bad to the USA - but the USA was the nation, which damaged and reduced Germany most in history. Indeed is the USA and their destructive culture the main reason why all Germans die out. But most Germans love the USA, while most US-Americans hate Germany.

Exactly.

Do you know what's totally ununderstandable in the relations between the USA and Germany? Germany never did do in history anything bad to the USA - but the USA was the nation, which damaged and reduced Germany most in history. Indeed is the USA and their destructive culture the main reason why all Germans die out. But most Germans love the USA, while most US-Americans hate Germany.

Don't want to be damaged by the USA?
Don't start wars with our allies.

What they buy depends on the dollar/euro rate.

And I thought, they pay bad, because we are Red Indians.

Exactly.

Don't want to be damaged by the USA?
Don't start wars with our allies.

Your ally were for example the Soviets under Stalin in world war 2. Your ally is currently a land with the name Germany. To be an enemy or to be an ally of the USA seems not to be a big difference today any longer.

Last edited:

Exactly.

You’ve got that wrong. Why do you think they go to the Munich Oktoberfest?

Exactly.

You’ve got that wrong. Why do you think they go to the Munich Oktoberfest?

no comment

God bless a free Germany!

Without globlalism! without New World Order!without UN dominance

GOD Bless a free Germany! FREE GERMANY!

Germany is a strong nation!

They will put up with all the scum that has invaded it!

Show your strength Germany ....you tell them! SHOW THEM!

That you are not cowards!

I know that Trump likes to free Germany from the influence of Germans. He's an idiot. And you make yourselve also to an idiot. New world order is an US-American thing and the UNO is a very important organisation. What Trump likes to reach for the USA is a darwinistic pseudo-freedom without law and order.

I know that Trump likes to free Germany from Germans. He's an idiot. And you make yourselve also to an idiot. New world order is an US-American thing and the UNO is a very important organisation. What Trump likes to reach for the USA is a darwinistic freedom without law and order.

Shut up Mohamed. ^^^

GOD BLESS FREE GERMANY.

NO MORE GLOBLALISM! NO MORE ONE WORLD ORDER~

GOD BLESS FREE EUROPE!

Forum List

Back