Registration of firearms leads to confiscation

Whether it’s abortion or guns – ‘bans’ don’t work; whether it’s ‘banning’ abortion or guns, both are examples of increasing the authority of the state at the expense of individual liberty.
When your car gets stolen or your home is broken into .... you know what I'm going to tell you, right? Making it illegal (and depriving criminals of their livelihood) is an example of the authority of the state at the expense of individual liberty.

the 2 tiered justice system existed long before Biden was president.

Yep, but the xiden regime has amplified it, it's long past time to hold people accountable. Trump hired Wray to clean up the FBI, not fuck it up more. And Garland has made everything worse and the American people see it.

When the second amendment is repealed then denying you keeping and bearing arms won't be called infringement. It will be called honouring the Constitution and upholding the law. :itsok:

View attachment 701363
I like what the Free State Of Florida Statutes and Constitution has to say about gun registration.

790.335 Prohibition of registration of firearms; electronic records.—
(1) LEGISLATIVE FINDINGS AND INTENT.—
(a) The Legislature finds and declares that:
1. The right of individuals to keep and bear arms is guaranteed under both the Second Amendment to the United States Constitution and s. 8, Art. I of the State Constitution.
2. A list, record, or registry of legally owned firearms or law-abiding firearm owners is not a law enforcement tool and can become an instrument for profiling, harassing, or abusing law-abiding citizens based on their choice to own a firearm and exercise their Second Amendment right to keep and bear arms as guaranteed under the United States Constitution. Further, such a list, record, or registry has the potential to fall into the wrong hands and become a shopping list for thieves.
3. A list, record, or registry of legally owned firearms or law-abiding firearm owners is not a tool for fighting terrorism, but rather is an instrument that can be used as a means to profile innocent citizens and to harass and abuse American citizens based solely on their choice to own firearms and exercise their Second Amendment right to keep and bear arms as guaranteed under the United States Constitution.
4. Law-abiding firearm owners whose names have been illegally recorded in a list, record, or registry are entitled to redress.
(b) The Legislature intends through the provisions of this section to:
1. Protect the right of individuals to keep and bear arms as guaranteed under both the Second Amendment to the United States Constitution and s. 8, Art. I of the State Constitution.
2. Protect the privacy rights of law-abiding firearm owners.
(2) PROHIBITIONS.—No state governmental agency or local government, special district, or other political subdivision or official, agent, or employee of such state or other governmental entity or any other person, public or private, shall knowingly and willfully keep or cause to be kept any list, record, or registry of privately owned firearms or any list, record, or registry of the owners of those firearms.

Office of Justice Programs | Office of Justice Programs>abstracts>effects of offender weapon use and victim self-defense in robbery.

Guess what hero, you link doesn't back up your claim of:
Store owners who have guns are 17 times more likely to be shot.
From your link:
Abstract
Results revealed that self-protection of any kind apparently reduces the probability of the robbery being completed. Armed resistance is more effective than unarmed resistance; resistance with a gun, although relatively rare, is the most effective victim response of all.

I am trying to see what it has to do with my post or at least the purpose of yours.
Registration makes confiscation easier. If you ever manage to do away with the Second Amendment your next goal will be in ban and confiscate civialian owned firearms.

It might be wisest to wait until the old timers die off before you push your plans. The younger generations look a lot more gullible.

Registration makes confiscation easier. If you ever manage to do away with the Second Amendment your next goal will be in ban and confiscate civialian owned firearms.
I'm sure you are right but that isn't the point ..... my point.
It might be wisest to wait until the old timers die off before you push your plans. The younger generations look a lot more gullible.
I do side with the idea of eliminating guns but it isn't my plan. No personal offence to you but I don't give a shit if Americans kill each other off to the point of extinction. Keep your guns for all I care. My point is exactly as I stated it. Here it is again:

When the second amendment is repealed then denying you keeping and bearing arms won't be called infringement. It will be called honouring the Constitution and upholding the law.
So, am I right or am I right? Is what I wrote correct or is it not correct? And if I'm right then your reply with "Statutes and Constitution ..... about gun registration" is totally irrelevant. Your link is intersting and important to know but it is irrelvant to my statment.

I'm sure you are right but that isn't the point ..... my point.

I do side with the idea of eliminating guns but it isn't my plan. No personal offence to you but I don't give a shit if Americans kill each other off to the point of extinction. Keep your guns for all I care. My point is exactly as I stated it. Here it is again:

So, am I right or am I right? Is what I wrote correct or is it not correct? And if I'm right then your reply with "Statutes and Constitution ..... about gun registration" is totally irrelevant. Your link is intersting and important to know but it is irrelvant to my statment.
You could do away with the Second Amendment and people could still own guns. You would then have to pass laws saying civilian gun ownership was illegal. Such laws would not be ruled unconstitutional as there no longer would be a Second Amendment.

I don't know any crime stats that specifically categorize armed robberies of businesses

Do you?

Generic “robbery” does not cut it

Overall, cameras in businesses and in surrounding areas have significantly increased the apprehension of armed robbers

Why would you deny that?

Generic “robbery” does not cut it

Overall, cameras in businesses and in surrounding areas have significantly increased the apprehension of armed robbers

Why would you deny that?
Armed robbery is armed robbery why don't you produce some stats on " Armed Business robbery" to prove your point?

You could do away with the Second Amendment and people could still own guns. You would then have to pass laws saying civilian gun ownership was illegal. Such laws would not be ruled unconstitutional as there no longer would be a Second Amendment.
Yes, it must be something like that. But that's the problem - most Americans think that the phrase "shall not be infringed" is written in blood and stone and is above (more or less) the Constitution itself as though anything in the Consitution can be repealed or amended but because of that phrase it can NEVER be changed. Why they do not understand is a mystery. The second amendment is ITSELF an "amendment" so of course it can be amended or repealed!

Yes, it must be something like that. But that's the problem - most Americans think that the phrase "shall not be infringed" is written in blood and stone and is above (more or less) the Constitution itself as though anything in the Consitution can be repealed or amended but because of that phrase it can NEVER be changed. Why they do not understand is a mystery. The second amendment is ITSELF an "amendment" so of course it can be amended or repealed!
Yes, it must be something like that. But that's the problem - most Americans think that the phrase "shall not be infringed" is written in blood and stone and is above (more or less) the Constitution itself as though anything in the Consitution can be repealed or amended

and there is a process for that,

Forum List

Back