Registration of firearms leads to confiscation

Yes, little boy...

its says the militia needs to be well regulated.

It does NOT say the people need to be well regulated.

and THAT'S who the "right" was given to.
It says well regulated militias need guns

We can’t regulate our militia unless we know what guns they have

Any day now they’re going to come around and confiscate your guns.

Any day now.

Try harder.
1 No I didn't advocate gun registration, but I do acknowledge it would make us safer in some instances.
2. Whether your guns are currently registered is not the issue. The question was if they were registered, would it make us safer. If you made death threats, and your guns were registered. that would make a difference. Don't try to dodge and say some wouldn't register their guns. This is about whether registration could make us safer, not if it would in every circumstance.
3. The crime has been committed, and the criminal is still on the street. The last known owner could be the criminal, or he could at least say when and where the gun went missing. That could help find the criminal and get him off the street before he commits another crime.
These are all ways registration would make us safer in some situations. Is there anything that would make us safer in every situation? Of course not.
How does registration make you safer? New York has those registration laws you like is New York safer?

How does registration make you safer? New York has those registration laws you like is New York safer?
obviously you either didn't read what I wrote, or you're too dumb to understand it. Either way, not my problem.

Try harder.
1 No I didn't advocate gun registration, but I do acknowledge it would make us safer in some instances.

So, you don't want us to be safer? After all, if you did, you'd advocate for registration, right?

2. Whether your guns are currently registered is not the issue. The question was if they were registered, would it make us safer. If you made death threats, and your guns were registered. that would make a difference.

I see. So, instead of basing your position on reality, you want to base it on some ignorant hypothetical?

Good to know...

Don't try to dodge and say some wouldn't register their guns.

I'm not saying some wouldn't. I'm saying many wouldn't...

This is about whether registration could make us safer, not if it would in every circumstance.

So, in your mind, the rare instance it might help in some way is sufficient to require registration for all?

3. The crime has been committed, and the criminal is still on the street. The last known owner could be the criminal, or he could at least say when and where the gun went missing. That could help find the criminal and get him off the street before he commits another crime.

Okay, so let me make sure I understand:

I own a gun. Someone breaks into my home and somehow manages to steal one of my properly secured firearms. He then goes on a killing spree and then drops of the radar. My stolen firearm is never seen again.

Where in that scenario is there a benefit to the gun being registered to me?

See, if one of my unregistered firearms is ever stolen, I'm notifying the police. I'm giving them every bit of information I can; date and time I think it was stolen, make and model, the serial number of the gun, everything. That's what a responsible gun does.

These are all ways registration would make us safer in some situations. Is there anything that would make us safer in every situation? Of course not.

Sorry, but your argument is wildly unconvincing. There's nothing about what you've said which would make us any safer.

There's only one reason to require gun registration, and it's laughable when liberals try to say it's in the name of safety...

Ok. The only question I've seen is how would registration make us safer. I have never advocated for gun registration, and I challenge you to find an example of where I did, but of course registration would make us safer in some circumstances. If a person makes a death threat, it would certainly be important to know if he had a gun registered in his name. Finding the last legal owner of a gun used in a crime could be the first step in finding the perpetrator. There are lots of unquestionable ways a gun registry could make us safer.
Especially the day the gov't decides to eliminate your 2nd amendment protections.

Forum List

Back