Refs did their job and was the true MVP of the SB.

I give him his due, heā€™s had the greatest career of all time, but heā€™s not close to being the best QB in the NFL right now.

Like I posted in my previous response, the stats suggest otherwise. He was definitely in the top 2-3 QBs in the game this season.

50 total TD passes this season (2nd in the NFL);
40 TD passes in the reg season (2nd in the NFL);
5,694 total passing yds (1st in the NFL);
4,633 passing yds in the reg season (3rd in the NFL)

All of that, on a brand new team, that had the worst record in the NFL over the last decade, with no preseason, and a host of new players on offense that were picked up off the waiver wire or out of retirement. If he stays as healthy next season as he was this season, and if the Bucs retain their core staff and players on offense, I'd expect him to put up numbers just as good if not better next season, as most offenses do when they have a chance to gel for a second season.

He led the NFL in interceptions. He was 26th in completion percentage. QBR is a bullshit stat. Phillip Rivers had the highest QBR in the league. The only reason why Brady had the most passing yards is because he had the most passing attempts. Brady has a very good offensive line and great, not god weapons in a passing offense. His passing yard stats are going to be good.

He had the most passing attempts because for the better part of the season, TB had no running game to speak of, making the offense pretty one-dimensional. The fact that he was able to put up numbers like he did, with teams game planning specifically to take away the passing game, is a feat in and of itself.

Yeah I just donā€™t think heā€™s that accurate anymore and he can only make throws when he has a clean pocket, but if you think heā€™s one of the best then agree to disagree.

I give him his due, heā€™s had the greatest career of all time, but heā€™s not close to being the best QB in the NFL right now.

Well, that certainly explains that 7th ring and that 5th MVP trophy.

Those are facts, too...

Well 7th ring in a team sport, letā€™s not forget, and they give SBMVP to the winning QB 90% percent of the time, they might as well call the award QBSBMVP.

Do you just make shit up, or do you choose to just flat-out lie and hope no one calls you on your bullshit?

I sense that you may have an aversion to actual facts, but it's not even close to 90%.

Including last night, the winning Quarterback has been awarded the MVP trophy only 31 times, or 56.3% of the time. The fact that five of those went to Brady is pretty significant. Where did you arrive at your figure of 90%?

And, yes, while it's a team sport, those teams he's played with over the last 20 years have been vastly different. If the Patriots had remained the exact same team, with the exact same personnel, every year, you'd have a point. But with people coming and going, as was the case with New England, you have to look at what remained constant.

That constant was Tom Brady.

It's fun to watch you mentally flail in repeated sad attempts to detract from Brady's remarkable accomplishments...

The only reason why Brady had the most passing yards is because he had the most passing attempts.

That's also the reason he had the most interceptions...

Point taken on that. Ultimately if you feel heā€™s still one of best QBs in the NFL Iā€™m not going to change your mind. I would just have to disagree.

I don't "feel" anything. I look at the stats and they tell me that he's the best to ever play the game...

The only reason why Brady had the most passing yards is because he had the most passing attempts.

Point taken on that. Ultimately if you feel heā€™s still one of best QBs in the NFL Iā€™m not going to change your mind. I would just have to disagree.

I don't "feel" anything. I look at the stats and they tell me that he's the best to ever play the game...

Okay I tired to be nice and then you got rude. Yes you do ā€œfeelā€ heā€™s the best to ever play the game. Itā€™s entirely subjective, moron. There are other QBs that eclipse Brady in stats, but itā€™s not all stats. And I was not debating who the best QB of all time is. Iā€™ll saying it again for the mentally challenged such as the likes of you - Tom Brady is the best QB in the history of the NFL, but heā€™s no longer the best quarterback in the game. If you have a problem with that statement it really means nothing to me, bruh.

That dumb female ref with that flag in the endzone killed the momentum. I will never give brady credit because the refs are too involved
if the game was close, like the debacle in Greenbay, yes
But KC got blown out
So don't blame the refs

Those are facts, too...

Well 7th ring in a team sport, letā€™s not forget, and they give SBMVP to the winning QB 90% percent of the time, they might as well call the award QBSBMVP.

Do you just make shit up, or do you choose to just flat-out lie and hope no one calls you on your bullshit?

I sense that you may have an aversion to actual facts, but it's not even close to 90%.

Including last night, the winning Quarterback has been awarded the MVP trophy only 31 times, or 56.3% of the time. The fact that five of those went to Brady is pretty significant. Where did you arrive at your figure of 90%?

And, yes, while it's a team sport, those teams he's played with over the last 20 years have been vastly different. If the Patriots had remained the exact same team, with the exact same personnel, every year, you'd have a point. But with people coming and going, as was the case with New England, you have to look at what remained constant.

It's fun to watch you mentally flail in repeated sad attempts to detract from Brady's remarkable accomplishments...

Yeah yeah yeah. It seems like they give it to the QB more often than any other player. Iā€™ve seen multiple QBs with average performances win it. If you think I was citing an actual stat youā€™re either dumb or good at pretending. Bye fuckface!

That dumb female ref with that flag in the endzone killed the momentum. I will never give brady credit because the refs are too involved
Romo, who had no dog in the fight said they were good calls as did Steratore? Not sure what you're pointing to? The Chefs grabbed and held all game.

Okay I tired to be nice and then you got rude. Yes you do ā€œfeelā€ heā€™s the best to ever play the game. Itā€™s entirely subjective, moron. There are other QBs that eclipse Brady in stats, but itā€™s not all stats. And I was not debating who the best QB of all time is. Iā€™ll saying it again for the mentally challenged such as the likes of you - Tom Brady is the best QB in the history of the NFL, but heā€™s no longer the best quarterback in the game. If you have a problem with that statement it really means nothing to me, bruh.

For the love of God stop whining.

You're just pissed because I pointed out that the supposed "stat" you posted regarding Super Bowl MVP's was complete nonsense. Where did you come up with your 90% stat?

You were lying and you got caught, and now you're mad. I think it's pretty telling, though, that you lie through your teeth, but you're angry at me for being "rude"? Bitch, please.

What's more, you're too chickenshit to even admit that you made that stat up, simply because it would bolster the belief that you simply don't know what the fuck you're talking about.

You might want to consider that the mentally challenged moron in this discussion is the whiny little fuck who had to resort to complete fabrications in a failed attempt to make a point. The fact of the matter is that Brady stepped into a new team; a program that had enjoyed a single winning season in the previous nine years, and led them to be Super Bowl champions. It truly takes a special kind of stupid to ignore that.

Stop lying. Maybe educate yourself and come to the discussion armed with something more than your unwavering dislike of the man and perhaps you'll be taken seriously. Otherwise, you'll be written off (and rightly so) as a bitter little liar.

Enjoy that. You'll wear it well...

Those are facts, too...

Yeah yeah yeah. It seems like they give it to the QB more often than any other player. Iā€™ve seen multiple QBs with average performances win it. If you think I was citing an actual stat youā€™re either dumb or good at pretending. Bye fuckface!

Well, see, there's the rub: Stats are what will actually support an argument. You lied about that stat, though, in a failed effort to demean the significance of Brady's accomplishment. You're too stupid to bring stats to the discussion, so it's probably best that you leave the discussion, lest you be owned by those who actually know what the fuck they're talking about.

What QB's have been awarded the MVP for an average performance, and what player should've won instead? I know, I know, that would require you to exercise actual brain power, and you've already shown that yours is in critically short supply.

You're just another liar, whining because he got caught in a lie and then runs away with his tail between his legs.

Beat it, bitch...

Romo, who had no dog in the fight said they were good calls as did Steratore? Not sure what you're pointing to? The Chefs grabbed and held all game.

I dont think you understand once the momentum is changed, the game is flipped and damage is done

I dont think you understand once the momentum is changed, the game is flipped and damage is done
But the calls were correct. That is my point. And not sure about that. Brady was down to Atlanta 28-3 and came back and won. Where there is a will there is a way. KC was overmatched all night.

Those are facts, too...

Well, see, there's the rub: Stats are what will actually support an argument. You lied about that stat, though, in a failed effort to demean the significance of Brady's accomplishment. You're too stupid to bring stats to the discussion, so it's probably best that you leave the discussion, lest you be owned by those who actually know what the fuck they're talking about.

What QB's have been awarded the MVP for an average performance, and what player should've won instead? I know, I know, that would require you to exercise actual brain power, and you've already shown that yours is in critically short supply.

You're just another liar, whining because he got caught in a lie and then runs away with his tail between his legs.

Beat it, bitch...

Yeah I bought up stats to support my argument. I didnā€™t see you bring up any. What super bowl Qbs won SBMVPā€™s with average performances? How about Brady this year, Mahomes last year, and the Manning brothers. Thereā€™s probably more than that. Thatā€™s just coming from the top of the dome piece, punk bitch!

Now, if anyone actually gave a fuck about what you think, this could be a good conversation.

Brady and the Bucs crushed the Chiefs.

Crushed them...

sniff my d*ck

Quit bein' a whiny little cocksucker and accept the fact that Brady and his crew were simply the best out there today...

when the refs throw a bogus flag to overturn a INT, I can;t give credit

Blaming the Chief's loss on a single flag is childish.

The undeniable fact is that Brady and the Bucs outplayed and outclassed the Chief's at every turn. The Chiefs looked like a second rate high school team out there.

And, in case anyone was wondering if Brady will now retire (who would blame him?), during the post-game Brady said "We'll be back."

I want someone joe theismannn that mutherfucker
So it's not about the refs. It's about your hatred for Brady. Got it.

Like I posted in my previous response, the stats suggest otherwise. He was definitely in the top 2-3 QBs in the game this season.

50 total TD passes this season (2nd in the NFL);
40 TD passes in the reg season (2nd in the NFL);
5,694 total passing yds (1st in the NFL);
4,633 passing yds in the reg season (3rd in the NFL)

All of that, on a brand new team, that had the worst record in the NFL over the last decade, with no preseason, and a host of new players on offense that were picked up off the waiver wire or out of retirement. If he stays as healthy next season as he was this season, and if the Bucs retain their core staff and players on offense, I'd expect him to put up numbers just as good if not better next season, as most offenses do when they have a chance to gel for a second season.

He led the NFL in interceptions. He was 26th in completion percentage. QBR is a bullshit stat. Phillip Rivers had the highest QBR in the league. The only reason why Brady had the most passing yards is because he had the most passing attempts. Brady has a very good offensive line and great, not god weapons in a passing offense. His passing yard stats are going to be good.

He had the most passing attempts because for the better part of the season, TB had no running game to speak of, making the offense pretty one-dimensional. The fact that he was able to put up numbers like he did, with teams game planning specifically to take away the passing game, is a feat in and of itself.

Yeah I just donā€™t think heā€™s that accurate anymore and he can only make throws when he has a clean pocket, but if you think heā€™s one of the best then agree to disagree.
W/O TB-12, TB is a 6-10 team. He not only changed the culture but also brought in Gronk, AB and Fournette. All critical players during the playoffs and in the SB. Seven rings do not lie. The man can win. He did it with one of the worst franchises in terms of W/L ever.

Now, if anyone actually gave a fuck about what you think, this could be a good conversation.

Crushed them...

sniff my d*ck

Nah, you'd have to pull it out of your boyfriend's mouth for that.

I love seeing little whiners like you get so upset over something which, in the grand scheme of life, doesn't matter at all...

Crushed them...

sniff my d*ck

Quit bein' a whiny little cocksucker and accept the fact that Brady and his crew were simply the best out there today...

when the refs throw a bogus flag to overturn a INT, I can;t give credit
If this is true, then there will be a million clips of it for you to post here.

When I say that Angel Hernandez is a shitty umpire I can prove it:

When I say Joe West is a shitty umpire I can prove it:

When I say Eric Gregg is a shitty umpire I can prove it:

So shut your yap and prove it.

Looks like fbj obeyed and shut his yap.
4i6Ckte.gif

For the love of God stop whining.

You're just pissed because I pointed out that the supposed "stat" you posted regarding Super Bowl MVP's was complete nonsense. Where did you come up with your 90% stat?

You were lying and you got caught, and now you're mad. I think it's pretty telling, though, that you lie through your teeth, but you're angry at me for being "rude"? Bitch, please.

What's more, you're too chickenshit to even admit that you made that stat up, simply because it would bolster the belief that you simply don't know what the fuck you're talking about.

You might want to consider that the mentally challenged moron in this discussion is the whiny little fuck who had to resort to complete fabrications in a failed attempt to make a point. The fact of the matter is that Brady stepped into a new team; a program that had enjoyed a single winning season in the previous nine years, and led them to be Super Bowl champions. It truly takes a special kind of stupid to ignore that.

Stop lying. Maybe educate yourself and come to the discussion armed with something more than your unwavering dislike of the man and perhaps you'll be taken seriously. Otherwise, you'll be written off (and rightly so) as a bitter little liar.

Enjoy that. You'll wear it well...

Um yeah actually even though he has been a divisional rival to my favorite team I donā€™t dislike him, dumbfuck. I just donā€™t think heā€™s the best QB in the nfl. Apparently that hurts your wittle feelings awwwwww

Dude thatā€™s old news,everybody knows the bucs,raiders Super Bowl was fixed.the evidence is overwhelming.Tim brown and jerry rice said that the raiders coach had a game plan that week that all the players were excited about,they got excited about it cause it called for most their plays to be running plays, the bucs were terrible against the run all year long and the raiders offensive lineman far outweighed the bucs lineman on defense by leaps and bounds.but a mere 48 hours before kickoff,Callahan changed the game plan where instead of attacking the bucs defense,the running game,he switched it calling for most the plays to be passing plays which was the bucs strength. . . .

. . . Why would a coach change a game plan that the players were excited about to a plan they had no confidence in attacking instead not get bucs weaknes as it originally called for,but instead itā€™s strength? :cuckoo:

dude I thought this article was going to talk about how THIS game was fixed.

"... it called for most their plays to be running plays, the bucs were terrible against the run all year long ..."

I stopped reading right there. Were you high when you wrote this? The Bucs Defense that season (2002) was ranked 1st overall in the NFL, and ranked 5th in the NFL against the run, giving up only 1,554 yards on the ground on 410 attempts, for 3.8 YPC on the season (3rd in the league), and allowed only 8 rushing TDs (3rd in the league). They had a front 4 consisting of Pro-Bowlers and All-Pros in Warren Sapp (HOF), Booger McFarland, Simeon Rice, and Greg Spires, backed up at LB by the NFL's Defensive POY that year in Derrick Brooks (HOF) and Pro-Bowler Shelton Quarles, and a Pro-Bowler at SS in John Lynch (HOF) who was absolutely brutal against the run. 3 of those guys are already in the Hall of Fame.

That defense was indeed great against the pass, but it didn't have a "weakness" -- nobody could run on them either. It would have been silly of the Raiders to try to focus on the run against that D when nobody could run on them all year, especially considering the Raiders had arguably the best WR of all time in Jerry Rice, and a QB in Rich Gannon who had put up the best passing numbers of his entire career that season with 4,689 passing yds. Meanwhile, Oakland was in the bottom half of the league in rushing yds (18th), and didn't have a 1,000 rusher for the season.

2002 Rushing Defense

RkTmGAttYdsTDY/AY/GEXP
1Pittsburgh Steelers163591375163.885.952.82
2Tennessee Titans16372142473.889.051.35
3Oakland Raiders163841453143.890.882.25
4Denver Broncos163791489213.993.110.85
5Tampa Bay Buccaneers16410155483.897.128.85

Last edited:

Forum List

Back