Refs did their job and was the true MVP of the SB.

I give him his due, he’s had the greatest career of all time, but he’s not close to being the best QB in the NFL right now.

Like I posted in my previous response, the stats suggest otherwise. He was definitely in the top 2-3 QBs in the game this season.

50 total TD passes this season (2nd in the NFL);
40 TD passes in the reg season (2nd in the NFL);
5,694 total passing yds (1st in the NFL);
4,633 passing yds in the reg season (3rd in the NFL)

All of that, on a brand new team, that had the worst record in the NFL over the last decade, with no preseason, and a host of new players on offense that were picked up off the waiver wire or out of retirement. If he stays as healthy next season as he was this season, and if the Bucs retain their core staff and players on offense, I'd expect him to put up numbers just as good if not better next season, as most offenses do when they have a chance to gel for a second season.

He led the NFL in interceptions. He was 26th in completion percentage. QBR is a bullshit stat. Phillip Rivers had the highest QBR in the league. The only reason why Brady had the most passing yards is because he had the most passing attempts. Brady has a very good offensive line and great, not god weapons in a passing offense. His passing yard stats are going to be good.

He had the most passing attempts because for the better part of the season, TB had no running game to speak of, making the offense pretty one-dimensional. The fact that he was able to put up numbers like he did, with teams game planning specifically to take away the passing game, is a feat in and of itself.

Yeah I just don’t think he’s that accurate anymore and he can only make throws when he has a clean pocket, but if you think he’s one of the best then agree to disagree.
W/O TB-12, TB is a 6-10 team. He not only changed the culture but also brought in Gronk, AB and Fournette. All critical players during the playoffs and in the SB. Seven rings do not lie. The man can win. He did it with one of the worst franchises in terms of W/L ever.

Even with what you’re saying being true I still don’t think he’s one of the best QBs anymore. Winston also put up video game passing yard numbers on that team with a few less weapons than Brady had this year.

I give him his due, he’s had the greatest career of all time, but he’s not close to being the best QB in the NFL right now.

Like I posted in my previous response, the stats suggest otherwise. He was definitely in the top 2-3 QBs in the game this season.

All of that, on a brand new team, that had the worst record in the NFL over the last decade, with no preseason, and a host of new players on offense that were picked up off the waiver wire or out of retirement. If he stays as healthy next season as he was this season, and if the Bucs retain their core staff and players on offense, I'd expect him to put up numbers just as good if not better next season, as most offenses do when they have a chance to gel for a second season.

He led the NFL in interceptions. He was 26th in completion percentage. QBR is a bullshit stat. Phillip Rivers had the highest QBR in the league. The only reason why Brady had the most passing yards is because he had the most passing attempts. Brady has a very good offensive line and great, not god weapons in a passing offense. His passing yard stats are going to be good.

He had the most passing attempts because for the better part of the season, TB had no running game to speak of, making the offense pretty one-dimensional. The fact that he was able to put up numbers like he did, with teams game planning specifically to take away the passing game, is a feat in and of itself.

Yeah I just don’t think he’s that accurate anymore and he can only make throws when he has a clean pocket, but if you think he’s one of the best then agree to disagree.
W/O TB-12, TB is a 6-10 team. He not only changed the culture but also brought in Gronk, AB and Fournette. All critical players during the playoffs and in the SB. Seven rings do not lie. The man can win. He did it with one of the worst franchises in terms of W/L ever.

Even with what you’re saying being true I still don’t think he’s one of the best QBs anymore. Winston also put up video game passing yard numbers on that team with a few less weapons than Brady had this year.
He also put up video gaming interceptions and we did not see him in the playoffs. Is he still one of the best? Yes. Is he the very best? No. Do I want him as my QB in a must win game? YES! YES! YES! YES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

He also put up video gaming interceptions and we did not see him in the playoffs. Is he still one of the best? Yes. Is he the very best? No. Do I want him as my QB in a must win game? YES! YES! YES! YES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Brady also had a lot of picks this season, although not nearly as many as Winston. I honestly think Brady is just outside the top 10 right now. I don’t think he’s better now than he was last year. The reason why he’s looked better is because his supporting cast is much much better IMO. But he’s the best winner QB in the history of football. That I think should be undeniable at this point.

Yeah I bought up stats to support my argument.

You mentioned a single, manufactured stat. You insist on relying on a lie that you got caught telling...

I didn’t see you bring up any.

Really?

How about where I brought up actual stats, which can be verified, about how many times a QB has won the MVP? See, that's the difference between you and me: I use actual facts. You use lies and fantasy...

What super bowl Qbs won SBMVP’s with average performances? How about Brady this year, Mahomes last year, and the Manning brothers. There’s probably more than that. That’s just coming from the top of the dome piece, punk bitch!

I guess I'm not surprised that you're a complete and utter failure at answering my question.

I didn't ask "What Quarterback won the MVP with an average performance?". I asked "What Quarterback won the MVP with an average performance, and what player should've won, instead?"

You want to whine about "average performances", yet you're an unqualified failure at suggesting who performed better.

If no one else had a stellar performance, well, it's gonna' go to someone. Who should've won it last year if not Mahomes? Who should've won it last night if not Brady? In Super Bowl XLVI, Eli Manning completed 75% of his passes.
30 for 40? Sure seem like MVP numbers to me. So, if Manning shouldn't have won the MVP trophy with that "average performance", who should have?

By the way, I'm pretty sure that no other MVP winning Quarterback has completed 75% of his passes. So, again, if the MVP trophy doesn't go to Eli Manning, who gets it, instead?

The only reason why Brady had the most passing yards is because he had the most passing attempts.

That's also the reason he had the most interceptions...

Point taken on that. Ultimately if you feel he’s still one of best QBs in the NFL I’m not going to change your mind. I would just have to disagree.

I don't "feel" anything. I look at the stats and they tell me that he's the best to ever play the game...

Okay I tired to be nice and then you got rude. Yes you do “feel” he’s the best to ever play the game. It’s entirely subjective, moron. There are other QBs that eclipse Brady in stats, but it’s not all stats. And I was not debating who the best QB of all time is. I’ll saying it again for the mentally challenged such as the likes of you - Tom Brady is the best QB in the history of the NFL, but he’s no longer the best quarterback in the game. If you have a problem with that statement it really means nothing to me, bruh.

For the love of God stop whining.

You're just pissed because I pointed out that the supposed "stat" you posted regarding Super Bowl MVP's was complete nonsense. Where did you come up with your 90% stat?

You were lying and you got caught, and now you're mad. I think it's pretty telling, though, that you lie through your teeth, but you're angry at me for being "rude"? Bitch, please.

What's more, you're too chickenshit to even admit that you made that stat up, simply because it would bolster the belief that you simply don't know what the fuck you're talking about.

You might want to consider that the mentally challenged moron in this discussion is the whiny little fuck who had to resort to complete fabrications in a failed attempt to make a point. The fact of the matter is that Brady stepped into a new team; a program that had enjoyed a single winning season in the previous nine years, and led them to be Super Bowl champions. It truly takes a special kind of stupid to ignore that.

Stop lying. Maybe educate yourself and come to the discussion armed with something more than your unwavering dislike of the man and perhaps you'll be taken seriously. Otherwise, you'll be written off (and rightly so) as a bitter little liar.

Enjoy that. You'll wear it well...

Um yeah actually even though he has been a divisional rival to my favorite team I don’t dislike him, dumbfuck. I just don’t think he’s the best QB in the nfl. Apparently that hurts your wittle feelings awwwwww

Not hardly, bitch.

I understand that you don't think he's the best in the NFL.

I also understand that you've done nothing to support that argument except lie about stats and, when you have to lie about stats, there's no reason to assign any legitimacy to your arguments...

Winston didn't have less weapons. He had the same WR corps, less AB who was only on the team for the last 8 games and didn't do much until the playoffs. He also had OJ Howard at TE, who when he was healthy last season, was better than Gronk was for most of this year considering he was not in football shape most of the season. Winston also had a preseason and full camp each year, which this team did not.

You mentioned a single, manufactured stat. You insist on relying on a lie that you got caught telling...

Really?

How about where I brought up actual stats, which can be verified, about how many times a QB has won the MVP? See, that's the difference between you and me: I use actual facts. You use lies and fantasy...

What super bowl Qbs won SBMVP’s with average performances? How about Brady this year, Mahomes last year, and the Manning brothers. There’s probably more than that. That’s just coming from the top of the dome piece, punk bitch!

I guess I'm not surprised that you're a complete and utter failure at answering my question.

I didn't ask "What Quarterback won the MVP with an average performance?". I asked "What Quarterback won the MVP with an average performance, and what player should've won, instead?"

You want to whine about "average performances", yet you're an unqualified failure at suggesting who performed better.

If no one else had a stellar performance, well, it's gonna' go to someone. Who should've won it last year if not Mahomes? Who should've won it last night if not Brady? In Super Bowl XLVI, Eli Manning completed 75% of his passes.
30 for 40? Sure seem like MVP numbers to me. So, if Manning shouldn't have won the MVP trophy with that "average performance", who should have?

By the way, I'm pretty sure that no other MVP winning Quarterback has completed 75% of his passes. So, again, if the MVP trophy doesn't go to Eli Manning, who gets it, instead?

Yeah you didn’t bring up stats to support your argument that Tom Brady was the best QB in the NFL this year. The only thing you said was he won the super bowl and won super bowl mvp. Color me unimpressed with your “stats” to support your argument. Yeah, dipshit, I’m talking about the SB in 2008 when Eli completed 55% of his passing attempts for 255 yards and 1 pick. Those are what we call mediocre stats.

Yeah I “manufactured a stat”, couldn’t be just me describing (maybe exaggerating) that they look to give it to the quarterback. Anyway you’re obviously one of those dumb people that take everything literally, so you wouldn’t understand. My impression of you is you probably struggle with things like putting on deodorant. Must hurt to be that dumb. Oh well, sucks for you.

Really?

26th in accuracy. I mentioned it retard. 1st in inceptions. I mentioned it regard . Aside from statics his arm strength isn’t elite at this stage and he can’t make plays with legs. I’m an idiot for arguing with a dumbass like you

Last edited:

Winston didn't have less weapons. He had the same WR corps, less AB who was only on the team for the last 8 games and didn't do much until the playoffs. He also had OJ Howard at TE, who when he was healthy last season, was better than Gronk was for most of this year considering he was not in football shape most of the season. Winston also had a preseason and full camp each year, which this team did not.

The only reason why I brought up Winston was to say most QBs are going to move the ball up the field with Tampa’s supporting offensive cast. I think there’s a few QBs that probably would have won the super bowl with Brady’s supporting cast (offense and defense).

The only reason why I brought up Winston was to say most QBs are going to move the ball up the field with Tampa’s supporting offensive cast. I think there’s a few QBs that probably would have won the super bowl with Brady’s supporting cast (offense and defense).
Maybe but you cannot possibly know that. Rodgers lost with a very good supporting cast and at home. Same for Brees. Same for Mahomes. One time is luck but seven times? The man knows how to win. He set a record for efficiency in the 1st half of the game. He audibled to keep the KC D guessing. He was very accurate and mistake free. Give the man his due.

Maybe but you cannot possibly know that. Rodgers lost with a very good supporting cast and at home. Same for Brees. Same for Mahomes. One time is luck but seven times? The man knows how to win. He set a record for efficiency in the 1st half of the game. He audibled to keep the KC D guessing. He was very accurate and mistake free. Give the man his due.

I’ve always given him his due, even after losing to him twice a year...like literally every year. Being just outside the top 10 in QBs at 43 is pretty amazing. 7 Super Bowls is ridiculously insane. I’m hoping my team wins one before I take a dirt nap.

I’ve always given him his due, even after losing to him twice a year...like literally every year. Being just outside the top 10 in QBs at 43 is pretty amazing. 7 Super Bowls is ridiculously insane. I’m hoping my team wins one before I take a dirt nap.
I was hoping the Bills would win only to lose to him in the SB. That would have been hilarious? No? Well maybe to a Pats fan....

I was hoping the Bills would win only to lose to him in the SB. That would have been hilarious? No? Well maybe to a Pats fan....

Dude I was praying we could exercise all of our demons in one shot by finally winning the super bowl and beating Brady, but the chiefs threw a monkey wrench into that plan. Hopefully next year!

That dumb female ref with that flag in the endzone killed the momentum. I will never give brady credit because the refs are too involved
Romo, who had no dog in the fight said they were good calls as did Steratore? Not sure what you're pointing to? The Chefs grabbed and held all game.

I dont think you understand once the momentum is changed, the game is flipped and damage is done
But the calls were correct. That is my point. And not sure about that. Brady was down to Atlanta 28-3 and came back and won. Where there is a will there is a way. KC was overmatched all night.

so why did the flag come AFTER the int?

Maybe, but talented pieces don't win championships by themselves. The importance of leadership and the ability to motivate an entire team to collectively buy in to a championship mindset, culture and work ethic cannot be overstated. Every one of the Bucs players and coaches who spoke last night (both offense and defense) gave Brady huge props for completely changing the team culture, instilling the confidence to win any game in any situation, and motivating the team to come together when push came to shove during the rough patch mid-season where they lost 3 of 4 (ending with the home loss to KC), after which they gelled and caught fire, winning 8 straight including the SB -- a path that included winning back-to-back road playoff games against 2 HOF QBs in Drew Brees and 2020 NFL MVP Aaron Rogers. Hell, even Antonio Brown was humble in the presser (perhaps the first time ever), and gave all credit to Brady (and none to himself) for making the team into a SB winner.

Last edited:
Yeah you didn’t bring up stats to support your argument that Tom Brady was the best QB in the NFL this year. The only thing you said was he won the super bowl and won super bowl mvp. Color me unimpressed with your “stats” to support your argument.

Seven rings.

Five MVP trophies.

Those are stats, too. In fact, those are stats that no to other person, who has ever played the game, can lay claim to...

Yeah, dipshit, I’m talking about the SB in 2008 when Eli completed 55% of his passing attempts for 255 yards and 1 pick. Those are what we call mediocre stats.

Again, you're a failure.

It's fine to discuss a mediocre performance by a QB who wins the MVP but, unless you can point out who should've won MVP instead, all you're doing is whining.

Who should've won the Super Bowl MVP trophy instead of Manning?

Yeah I “manufactured a stat”, couldn’t be just me describing (maybe exaggerating) that they look to give it to the quarterback. Anyway you’re obviously one of those dumb people that take everything literally, so you wouldn’t understand.

No, you were lying...

My impression of you is you probably struggle with things like putting on deodorant. Must hurt to be that dumb. Oh well, sucks for you.

And my impression of you is that you would be one to teach you children that lying, dodging and obfuscation are perfectly acceptable ways to conduct yourself...

Who are "the ten", and how are they statistically superior to Brady?

And, please, try not to lie when responding...

Im praying he has a career ending injury.

Forum List

Back