Red Jen Psaki invites disgraced clown Dan Rather back to White House press room

You go first. We'll wait.
Wow! How many days did it take for you to come up with that gem?
The fact is you should have waited longer... Rather was fired about fifteen years ago for manufacturing fake evidence against Bush and his counter suit against CBS was tossed out by a judge. That's disgraced, O Dummy.

Except Rather did not manufacture anything.
The Killian documents likely were real.
It is just that no one was alive to verify it any more.

The claim that Microsoft Word could produce an exact replica does not prove Microsoft Word was used to produce the document.
Microsoft word just used existing word processors and typewriters, like the IBM Selectric, as its model.

Try taking "likely evidence" into court sometime. Or testimony of dead people.
The claim that Microsoft Word could produce an exact replica does not prove Microsoft Word was used to produce the document.
Microsoft word just used existing word processors and typewriters, like the IBM Selectric, as its model.
Tell it to the judge that tossed out Rather's CBS lawsuit.

Dan Rather was like Richard Nixon. Rather covered Nixon’s fall with Watergate. It was Nixon’s obsession to beat his political enemies at any cost. That obsession cost him his job and tainted his legacy. Rather was obsessed in trying to bring down his political enemies, the Republicans and George W.Bush. That obsession cost him his job and his legacy. As good a journalist Rather is, how could he not authenticate documents he used as proof that Bush was AWOL in the National Guard? It was Rather’s coordinated October surprise and it blew up in his face. As a stalwart journalist, how do you present documents created in Microsoft Word from 1972 as fact? Microsoft didn’t even start until 1974 and MS Word was launched in 1983.
Your making a case for Rather being fired with bullshit. Try using facts and the truth will get a little closer.
"Before April 1972, Bush had fulfilled more than the required hours of service, but with more than two years remaining before his discharge. He volunteered his services on several projects, including a political campaign. After April 1972, Bush may have failed to meet the attendance requirements established for members of the Air National Guard. In mid-1972, he failed to meet the Air Force requirement for an annual physical examination for pilots and lost his authorization to be a pilot.[10] According to Bush's pay records, he did not attend any drills between mid-April and the end of October 1972. He drilled in Alabama in October and November 1972, and again in January 1973; what duties he performed are unknown. Bush returned to his home unit in Houston and was paid for his service in April 1973 through July 1973; again, what duties he performed are not documented in any way. " George W. Bush military service controversy George W. Bush military service controversy - Wikipedia

Here is a air squadron during the Vietnam war that was never sent to Vietnam. You people are a joke. Hasn't changed none went to desert storm either.

Im not debating Bush and service. That is for another debate. This is about Rather and Company not authenticating the documents to back it up. Why even go with documents if this was already confirmed or common knowledge? Further, in the aftermath, documents used by Rather and people fired were presented to experts and they could not be authenticated. This cost Rather and others their jobs.

GOOD GOD YOU PEOPLE < THIS IS FROM YOUR OWN SOURCE
"CBS Evening News anchor Dan Rather, who was the correspondent for the segment, has already announced that he will step down from the anchor desk in March. The panel reported that Rather apparently did not participate in the vetting of the segment and did not see it before it aired." You people are cartoon characters. You can't make your crap into truth buddy/

The documents were not authentic. A synonym for that is "fake" or "false". Prove me wrong.
prove me wrong ace. Your a child.

I provided third party validation. You have have provided nothing besides what lies between your ears and opinion.
What in the hell is third party validation , I've supplied at least a dozen points with backup , Prove me wrong ace. Yuk Yuk!

third party validation is a source with factual data points outside of what lies between your ears. At this point, you are showing nothing but entitlement to your opinion being accepted as fact.
You have supplied nothing like that.

I showed the news article from when the 4 executives were fired and the documents could not be authenticated. That is third party validation. You saw it yet you can’t prove it false.
Seen what, you haven't put up anything. My facts
Dan Rather was like Richard Nixon. Rather covered Nixon’s fall with Watergate. It was Nixon’s obsession to beat his political enemies at any cost. That obsession cost him his job and tainted his legacy. Rather was obsessed in trying to bring down his political enemies, the Republicans and George W.Bush. That obsession cost him his job and his legacy. As good a journalist Rather is, how could he not authenticate documents he used as proof that Bush was AWOL in the National Guard? It was Rather’s coordinated October surprise and it blew up in his face. As a stalwart journalist, how do you present documents created in Microsoft Word from 1972 as fact? Microsoft didn’t even start until 1974 and MS Word was launched in 1983.
Your making a case for Rather being fired with bullshit. Try using facts and the truth will get a little closer.
"Before April 1972, Bush had fulfilled more than the required hours of service, but with more than two years remaining before his discharge. He volunteered his services on several projects, including a political campaign. After April 1972, Bush may have failed to meet the attendance requirements established for members of the Air National Guard. In mid-1972, he failed to meet the Air Force requirement for an annual physical examination for pilots and lost his authorization to be a pilot.[10] According to Bush's pay records, he did not attend any drills between mid-April and the end of October 1972. He drilled in Alabama in October and November 1972, and again in January 1973; what duties he performed are unknown. Bush returned to his home unit in Houston and was paid for his service in April 1973 through July 1973; again, what duties he performed are not documented in any way. " George W. Bush military service controversy George W. Bush military service controversy - Wikipedia

Here is a air squadron during the Vietnam war that was never sent to Vietnam. You people are a joke. Hasn't changed none went to desert storm either.

Im not debating Bush and service. That is for another debate. This is about Rather and Company not authenticating the documents to back it up. Why even go with documents if this was already confirmed or common knowledge? Further, in the aftermath, documents used by Rather and people fired were presented to experts and they could not be authenticated. This cost Rather and others their jobs.

"CBS Evening News anchor Dan Rather, who was the correspondent for the segment, has already announced that he will step down from the anchor desk in March. The panel reported that Rather apparently did not participate in the vetting of the segment and did not see it before it aired." You people are cartoon characters. You can't make your crap into truth buddy/

The documents were not authentic. A synonym for that is "fake" or "false". Prove me wrong.

I provided third party validation. You have have provided nothing besides what lies between your ears and opinion.
What in the hell is third party validation , I've supplied at least a dozen points with backup , Prove me wrong ace. Yuk Yuk!

third party validation is a source with factual data points outside of what lies between your ears. At this point, you are showing nothing but entitlement to your opinion being accepted as fact.

I showed the news article from when the 4 executives were fired and the documents could not be authenticated. That is third party validation. You saw it yet you can’t prove it false.
I saw nothing that these facts don't bury, You have been smashed into little pieces , you lose

HERE IS THE BEST PART FROM YOUR OWN SIGHT < WHAT A WAY TO BURY YOU BIG TIME< USING YOUR OWN SOURCE
Rather retired as the anchorman and Managing Editor of the CBS Evening News in 2005; his last broadcast was Wednesday, March 9, 2005.[68] He had worked as the anchorman for 24 full years, the longest tenure of anyone in American television history, and for a short time, continued to work as a correspondent for 60 Minutes. Bob Schieffe
Dan Rather, who narrated the report, announced in November that he would step down as anchor of "CBS Evening News." He says the timing has nothing to do with the investigation. Four CBS Officials Fired

CNN.com - CBS ousts four over Bush Guard story - Jan 10, 2005
There is also a comparison that comes to mind between Lara Logan's Benghazi piece and the 2004 story that got Mapes fired and ultimately led to Dan Rather's retirement from the network.

https://www.theatlantic.com/national/archive/2013/11/producer-fired-rathergate-says-benghazi-story-pandered-right-wing/354866/

Sept. 8, 2004 – A 60 Minutes II report questioning President George W. Bush’s Air National Guard service airs. Later that month, Rather says he can no longer vouch for documents on which the story was based and apologizes for "a mistake in judgment."

Nov. 23, 2004 – Rather announces his retirement as anchor of CBS Evening News. He anchors his final show on March 9 of the following year.

June 20, 2006 – CBS News and Sports President Sean McManus announces Rather will leave CBS.

The fact is you should have waited longer... Rather was fired about fifteen years ago for manufacturing fake evidence against Bush and his counter suit against CBS was tossed out by a judge. That's disgraced, O Dummy.
Never fired , just hate party bullshit, The man buried your hate party for years , so you lie about him getting fired , tell me how he could have been fired if he left CBS 2 years after the Killian 60 minute show. You people live and die on lies and if you can't answer my simple question , you died with your bullshit/

My proof shows what garbage you are selling , tell me how he was fired if he left CBS 2 years after the Killian 60 minute show. You are toast and you know it.

Try taking "likely evidence" into court sometime. Or testimony of dead people.
Tell it to the judge that tossed out Rather's CBS lawsuit.
What do you think that means considering you have zero idea what the case was about. It wasn't a case for the validity of the 60 minute Killian show. You have nothing as usual.

The signature on the document was real, so he went with it, just like everyone in the business would have, These haters here are going after Rather when their source for all their information is Fox , you can't make this crap up

Never fired , just hate party bullshit, The man buried your hate party for years , so you lie about him getting fired , tell me how he could have been fired if he left CBS 2 years after the Killian 60 minute show. You people live and die on lies and if you can't answer my simple question , you died with your bullshit/

The man never worked at CBS again. Contrast that with Tom Brokaw at NBC who retired from the desk but was welcome back with contributions. Rather’s own hate and obsessiveness left him foolish and a shit stain on a legacy. Like I said originally, just like Nixon.

The man never worked at CBS again. Contrast that with Tom Brokaw at NBC who retired from the desk but was welcome back with contributions. Rather’s own hate and obsessiveness left him foolish and a shit stain on a legacy. Like I said originally, just like Nixon.
Bullshit not true at all ,like I said he worked for CBS for two years after the Killian 60 minutes , you are so full of crap that it is amazing . What was he 80 when he retired from CBS. NEVER WORKED FOR CBS AGAIN, WHAT A PILE OF CRAP THAT IS> That not what you said to start with , you said he was fired. I will add that the KIllian thing was true ,Rather made nothing up, he had the signature verified and then went with the story. This is all about Bush being put in the 147 Texas air national guard, which is a sell out group for the special people , a playground for the wealthy. this group has never been to war ever , Vietnam or desert storm. When Bush Got in ,there were 100s of applicants that wanted in and were on a list/ two days before Bushes draft day, he had special people make a call and was able to bypass this line of people and to get in. This is a fighter group that has never been in a war. You people are idiots.

Give up you have been buried in facts , so go away in lie someplace else.

He manufactured nothing, you idiot.

Karl Rove, on the other hand, did.

I don't blame you for trying to to salvage some dignity.
That's how it goes when you invest in a lie.

If Rather was not fired why did he sue CBS for $700 million dollars? That's a rhetorical question.
Don't try to answer, not that you can.
His case was dismissed, of course.

If Rather was not fired why did he sue CBS for $700 million dollars? That's a rhetorical question.
I've already answered that, Try this one, Tell me how he got Fired because of the Killian 60 minutes
One more time ace, The killian affair on 60 minutes was on Sept 6 2004, He retired from CBS evening news on march 9 2005 and he retired from CBS totally in june 20 2006. You people a a joy to destroy. Ducks in a barrel. Burst your little bullshit bubble , we all weep for you. Poor baby!

I've already answered that, Try this one, Tell me how he got Fired because of the Killian 60 minutes
One more time ace, The killian affair on 60 minutes was on Sept 6 2004, He retired from CBS evening news on march 9 2005 and he retired from CBS totally in june 20 2006. You people a a joy to destroy. Ducks in a barrel. Burst your little bullshit bubble , we all weep for you. Poor baby!
CBS fired him. I don't know why but they fired his lying ass and then Dan turned around and sued CBS
and the judge tossed his suit out on it's ass. Facts can be distressing, can't they.
Grow up.

Bullshit not true at all ,like I said he worked for CBS for two years after the Killian 60 minutes , you are so full of crap that it is amazing . What was he 80 when he retired from CBS. NEVER WORKED FOR CBS AGAIN, WHAT A PILE OF CRAP THAT IS> That not what you said to start with , you said he was fired. I will add that the KIllian thing was true ,Rather made nothing up, he had the signature verified and then went with the story. This is all about Bush being put in the 147 Texas air national guard, which is a sell out group for the special people , a playground for the wealthy. this group has never been to war ever , Vietnam or desert storm. When Bush Got in ,there were 100s of applicants that wanted in and were on a list/ two days before Bushes draft day, he had special people make a call and was able to bypass this line of people and to get in. This is a fighter group that has never been in a war. You people are idiots.
FACT: Rather presented documents that could be proved as authentic. The font was questionable and was more likely constructed in a font format not available at the time of Bush’s Texas ANG service. Four executives at CBS were fired over it. Rather’s legacy tainted.

Give up you have been buried in facts , so go away in lie someplace else.

The world outside your facts that lie between your
ears:

Dan Rather stands by CBS News report that led to his firing

Dan Rather loses $70 million lawsuit against CBS

Dan Rather Leaves CBS After 44 Years

Rather Quitting as CBS Anchor in Abrupt Move (Published 2004)

Dan Rather: CBS News shares blame for '60 Minutes' error

https://www.chicagotribune.com/chinews-mtblog-2007-09-rather_sues_cbs_over_bush_air-story.htm

No need to sue unless you are forced to resign or your legacy is tainted.

No you didn't , Was this in y

CBS fired him. I don't know why but they fired his lying ass and then Dan turned around and sued CBS
and the judge tossed his suit out on it's ass. Facts can be distressing, can't they.
Grow up.
Bullshit One more time ace, The killian affair on 60 minutes was on Sept 6 2004, He retired from CBS evening news on march 9 2005 and he retired from CBS totally in june 20 2006. You people a a joy to destroy. Ducks in a barrel. Burst your little bullshit bubble , we all weep for you. Poor baby!

FACT: Rather presented documents that could be proved as authentic. The font was questionable and was more likely constructed in a font format not available at the time of Bush’s Texas ANG service. Four executives at CBS were fired over it. Rather’s legacy tainted.
That ones bullshit also . it is not true . I know 4 people got fired for it has apsolutely nothing to do that makes it that Rather was fired One more time ace, The killian affair on 60 minutes was on Sept 6 2004, He retired from CBS evening news on march 9 2005 and he retired from CBS totally in june 20 2006. You people a a joy to destroy. Ducks in a barrel. Burst your little bullshit bubble , we all weep for you. Poor baby!Never happened ,

Rather retired as the anchorman and Managing Editor of the CBS Evening News in 2005; his last broadcast was Wednesday, March 9, 2005.[68] He had worked as the anchorman for 24 full years, the longest tenure of anyone in American television history, and for a short time, continued to work as a correspondent for 60 Minutes. Bob Schieffer, a fellow Texan and host of Face the Nation, took over Rather's position on an interim basis,[69] with Katie Couric replacing Schieffer in 2006.[70] Since retiring, Rather has spoken out about what he perceives as a lack of courage by American journalists. On January 24, 2006, Rather spoke to a Seattle audience. Before the speaking engagement, he told a newspaper reporter, “In many ways on many days, [reporters] have sort of adopted the attitude of 'go along, get along.'”[71]

“What many of us need is a spine transplant,” Rather added. “Whether it's City Hall, the State House, or the White House, part of our job is to speak truth to power.”[71]

Forum List

Back