RED HOT: Obama issues Executive Order banning AK47's

This is a matter of trade sanctions, not "gun control".

And since it bans certain guns, it is flatly unconstitutional. Doesn't matter if it's done by trade sanction, Executive Order, or an act of Congress.

Banning any gun this way is a violation of the 2nd amendment.

In 1934, Congress passed the National Firearms Act, which did not ban anything, but raised taxes hugely on various items including machine guns and short-barreled shotguns.

The first Federal court that reviewed it, found it unconstitutional, in about 20 minutes.

This AK-47 ban is worse.

And since it bans certain guns, it is flatly unconstitutional. Doesn't matter if it's done by trade sanction, Executive Order, or an act of Congress.

In 1934, Congress passed the National Firearms Act, which did not ban anything, but raised taxes hugely on various items including machine guns and short-barreled shotguns.

The first Federal court that reviewed it, found it unconstitutional, in about 20 minutes.

This AK-47 ban is worse.

It doesn't "ban" any guns. You can still buy AKs, just not directly from the manufacturer. (Which, I believe, was already illegal)

Alex Jones is lying.

Obama uses Executive Order to ban foreign AK47's in order to honor a UN treaty...

Obama exploited the conflict in Ukraine to target the importation of the popular AK line of firearms manufactured by Kalashnikov Concern in Izhmash, Russia. The unconstitutional ban includes the Saiga line of rifles and shotguns.

The Treasury Department’s Office of Foreign Assets Control (OFAC) attempted to soften the blow by stating the executive order does not outlaw Kalashnikov firearms legally purchased in the United States prior to the ban.

The OFAC, according to its website, "administers and enforces economic and trade sanctions based on US foreign policy and national security goals against targeted foreign countries and regimes, terrorists, international narcotics traffickers, those engaged in activities related to the proliferation of weapons of mass destruction, and other threats to the national security, foreign policy or economy of the United States.”

The criminalization of an entire line of foreign manufactured firearms is possible under “national emergency powers” and there is no appeal process.

“Many of the sanctions are based on United Nations and other international mandates, are multilateral in scope, and involve close cooperation with allied governments,” according to the Treasury Department.

» Obama Attacks Second Amendment with Executive Order Alex Jones' Infowars: There's a war on for your mind!

How does that violate the 2nd amendment?

This AK-47 ban is worse.

The gun is not banned. Trade with the Russian company that makes it is. Nothing unconstitutional about it.

LOL! So they didn't actually ban AK-47........................

"The Treasury Department’s Office of Foreign Assets Control (OFAC) attempted to soften the blow by stating the executive order does not outlaw Kalashnikov firearms legally purchased in the United States prior to the ban. "

Yes, because of the "ex post facto" provision of the United States Constitution. Otherwise they would have banned them all.

In other words, Obama went as far as he could with banning AK47's with violating the ex post facto provision. Since he so willingly ignores the 2nd Amendment, which is part of the Constitution, how long until he ignores the "ex post facto" provision of the Constitution as well?

Last edited:
The President of the United States enacted economic sanctions against another country by Executive Order?!?!

OMG! THAT'S A FIRST!!!

Oh, wait...

"The Treasury Department’s Office of Foreign Assets Control (OFAC) attempted to soften the blow by stating the executive order does not outlaw Kalashnikov firearms legally purchased in the United States prior to the ban. "

Yes, because of the "ex post facto" provision of the United States Constitution. Otherwise they would have banned them all.

In other words, Obama went as far as he could with banning AK47's with violating the ex post facto provision. Since he so willingly ignores the 2nd Amendment, which is part of the Constitution, how long until he ignores the "ex post facto" provision of the Constitution as well?

The Executive Order doesn't "ban" any AKs.

Then why did the US Treasury Department make that statement?

I'm only repeating what the US Treas Part said. Calling me a liar is also calling them liars...and technically if they lied, I wouldn't lying, I'm just the messenger who delivered their lie...

Last edited:

What statement?

I'm only repeating what the US Treas Part said. Calling me a liar is also calling them liars...and technically if they lied, I wouldn't lying, I'm just the messenger who delivered their lie...

Link to the Treasury Department statement?

As far as I've been able to find, they've said nothing of the sort.

You're a liar and you know it. Your title/thread is a fraud. You ARE a troll.

What a meaningless gesture.

Next up, Obama to sign an EO banning personal Guillotines!

Obama uses Executive Order to ban foreign AK47's in order to honor a UN treaty...

Obama exploited the conflict in Ukraine to target the importation of the popular AK line of firearms manufactured by Kalashnikov Concern in Izhmash, Russia. The unconstitutional ban includes the Saiga line of rifles and shotguns.

The Treasury Department’s Office of Foreign Assets Control (OFAC) attempted to soften the blow by stating the executive order does not outlaw Kalashnikov firearms legally purchased in the United States prior to the ban.

The OFAC, according to its website, "administers and enforces economic and trade sanctions based on US foreign policy and national security goals against targeted foreign countries and regimes, terrorists, international narcotics traffickers, those engaged in activities related to the proliferation of weapons of mass destruction, and other threats to the national security, foreign policy or economy of the United States.”

The criminalization of an entire line of foreign manufactured firearms is possible under “national emergency powers” and there is no appeal process.

“Many of the sanctions are based on United Nations and other international mandates, are multilateral in scope, and involve close cooperation with allied governments,” according to the Treasury Department.

» Obama Attacks Second Amendment with Executive Order Alex Jones' Infowars: There's a war on for your mind!

Ok, your subject line is incorrect but hyperbole sells.

Maybe Obama owns a few AKs. Think about this one act how much it added to the worth of his AKs, and everyone else.

You're a liar and you know it. Your title/thread is a fraud. You ARE a troll.

a troll, yes ... being too stupid to know the sanctions had an effect on RUSSIAN AK47's excuses fraud ..RW STUPIDITY wins again !!

Forum List

Back