Recovery

g5000

Diamond Member
Nov 26, 2011
Just some interesting stuff to think about.

The Dow Jones Industrial Average peaked at 386 points in September 1929.

Then came the crash.

The Dow did not see 386 again until November 1954!!!

25 years.

How many of you knew that?

In September 1987, the Dow peaked at 2667.

Then came the crash.

The Dow did not see 2667 again until May 1990.

A little more than two and a half years.

In January 2000, the Dow peaked at 10,940.

Then the dot com bubble popped.

The Dow did not see 10,940 again until February 2006.

Almost exactly six years.

A year and a half after that, the Dow peaked at 14,093 in October 2007.

Then came the crash.

The Dow did not see 14,093 again until February 2013.

Just under five and a half years.

Here is a Dow Jones interactive chart where you can check my numbers and dates: Dow Jones Industrials Average Interactive Chart - Barchart.com

Check out the far right end of that chart.

I tend to believe that this market crash is like few others we have seen...its not driven on bad economic news as much as it is a pandemic panic crash...when the pandemic is not the top story it will come back....the economic numbers are still encouraging for now anyway...

I tend to believe that this market crash is like few others we have seen...its not driven on bad economic news as much as it is a pandemic panic crash...when the pandemic is not the top story it will come back....the economic numbers are still encouraging for now anyway...
Some people say this will be a V-shaped recovery and the stock market will bounce back by October.

Some people say this will be a V-shaped recovery and the stock market will bounce back by October.
Wouldn't that be wonderful?....don't answer that....

I'm thinking 3-5 years, yes, this is a different type of a crash. But, the stimulus that created it is having deep impact
on the economy

Still the pandemic is related to economics as social distancing mantra is being interpreted by businesses as the need to shut down or slow down there operations. Which would mean that they will be losing money. The amount will depend on the industry. So people are in a panic mode as they always are. But with news of 2 trillion dollar bail out, they calm down for now but panic will always be be there

Wouldn't that be wonderful?....don't answer that....
My 401(k) would love it. I have not looked at it in months. I'm afraid to see the damage.

I feel sorry for people nearing retirement or who are living off their 401(k) in retirement. I have a friend who is disabled due to MS, and he is living off his 401(k) and Social Security. His 401(k) has taken so much damage he is worried he won't be able to pay his mortgage.

Then came the crash.

25 years.

Then came the crash.

Then came the crash.

Here is a Dow Jones interactive chart where you can check my numbers and dates: Dow Jones Industrials Average Interactive Chart - Barchart.com

Don’t you have some chamber pots to empty in Wuhan?

Then came the crash.

25 years.

Then came the crash.

Then came the crash.

This is not the same.

I'm thinking 3-5 years, yes, this is a different type of a crash. But, the stimulus that created it is having deep impact
on the economy
Double-digit trillions of wealth were wiped out, just in the US. Much of that won't be replaced for some time.

Then came the crash.

25 years.

Then came the crash.

Then came the crash.

This is not the same.
Okay. I'll put you in the "This time is different!" category.

February: Global stock markets have lost $6 trillion in value in six days

That was when the Dow was at 25,000.

on the economy
Double-digit trillions of wealth were wiped out, just in the US. Much of that won't be replaced for some time.
I think I agreed with you.
I know I got a gut punch out of this...on paper

Then came the crash.

25 years.

Then came the crash.

Then came the crash.

You really are math challenged.

You did not factor in dividends.

As you sit there, hoping they are wrong.

I see the DOOM and GLOOM leftists are trying to crash the country again today. :45:
Yes, I have great powers. I can crash the stock market just by starting a factual topic on an internet forum!

^^^ look the emperor has no clothes.
Says this guy:

Brace Yourselves For Another Stock Market Dive On Monday

Thread mega FAIL, the DOW rockets 5%, puts its trust in President Trump. :eusa_dance:

As you sit there, hoping they are wrong.
You are the one who is wrong. It's strange how you liars think you can read minds.

I'm facing six figure losses if this doesn't turn around, fuckwit.

Bill Maher at least had the guts to say what all Dims have been hoping for:

"I feel like the bottom has to fall out at some point, and by the way, I'm hoping for it because I think one way you get rid of Trump is a crashing economy," Maher said during the June 8 show. "So please, bring on the recession. Sorry if that hurts people but it's either root for a recession, or you lose your democracy."

Forum List

Back