Record 93,626,000 Americans not in labor force

The Obama Economy is where it is today, supposedly Booming for one reason! Uhm, Borrowing 8 Trillion Dollars? Can you imagine what the economy would look like today if we didnt borrow any money! Been to Greece latley? Why didnt Obama just lower everyones taxes and lower Capital gains to 10%? not 40 !!!!!
and what is that borrowed money being spent on.
18 trillion in debt! does anyone know how many jobs u can create with just One Trillion? does your calculator have that many digits? someone divide One Trillion by $40,000. let me know what u come out with.

and why does the loony left make it sound like we were losing 700,000 jobs a month under Bush? uhm, last two months of his presidency? its not as if we already knew thay Pelosi and Reid(with the help of Barney/Frank) purposely collapsed the economy by giving away homes to the poor so they would have power come 2009.
Imbecile...

BUSH MINORITY HOMEOWNERSHIP PLAN RESTS HEAVILY ON FANNIE AND FREDDIE
you compare the 2004/05/06 economy to the same period now. who's economy was actually booming?
I seem to remember George Bush having to send us $300-$700 each just to keep himself out of a recession a couple times. Oh but if you were a millionaire you got a couple hundred thousand dollars in stimulus money. How did that work out for us? How did that work out for the debt?

Republicans liked using 911 as a reason for the recession but what hurt us more than 9 11 was Bush's policies he implemented after 9/11. 911 was a devastating one day event that did hurt our economy for a year George Bush policies hurt us for 10 years and counting.

And we cant even fix all of his mistakes because of GOP obstruction
Republicans dont use 9-11 for the recession, real republicans know that the recession was a product of Bill Clinton forcing banks to make risky loans to the scum of our country. when the loans failed, so did the economy.
that recession was democrat owned. Not trying to confuse people but it actually started under Jimmy Carter
Great, another imbecile who thinks Bush was Clinton...

and as a side note, again, the minorities are at the center of a crisis.
how great could this country be without them.

What a moron. The age range is 16 to 24 years old. You're getting more and more desperate, bub.

Reduction in the workforce by the 16-24 range is not surprising, nor should it be concerning. That's what's going to happen when you have fewer high school dropouts and more people going to college.

That is absolute nonsense. We have more kids going to college and getting completely worthless degrees. That is a huge concern. It's additionally worrisome that the younger cohort is missing out on the opportunity to develop a work ethic.

The Obama Economy is where it is today, supposedly Booming for one reason! Uhm, Borrowing 8 Trillion Dollars? Can you imagine what the economy would look like today if we didnt borrow any money! Been to Greece latley? Why didnt Obama just lower everyones taxes and lower Capital gains to 10%? not 40 !!!!!
18 trillion in debt! does anyone know how many jobs u can create with just One Trillion? does your calculator have that many digits? someone divide One Trillion by $40,000. let me know what u come out with.
Who is going to work for 40k? seriously, you cant even rent a 1 bedroom apartment on 40k a year.

Hospitality is the worst industry to judge an economy on. How much do the waitresses the maids front desk housekeeping make? Manufacturing is the most important and Republicans sent all those jobs overseas

To the contrary, hospitality, travel and lodging, and leisure is often a very good vein by which to take the pulse of the economy.

1 - Eating out is America's single greatest use of expendable income.
2 - Vacationing is one of the most common large scale expenditures people make
3 - Many other major economic activities are closely tied to travel. Weddings are a big economic piece, almost always involve travel and lodging. Many business activities require frequent travel and lodging. Job seekers often consume travel and lodging services when conducting interviews, and when relocating to accept new positions. (During bad economic times, less people seek new employment, and have few obtain interviews.)

The middle class is less and less able to afford such luxuries as they are squeezed with stagnant wages, lack of jobs, ObamaCare Costs, and under reported inflation.
Just like at my lifetime fitness center I noticed a lot of new Americans from other countries are the ones who are members. Not your typical white middle class American. A lot of Asians Arabs Indians Russians all with accents. They may be traveling at these resorts and the relatives coming to America because the value of the dollar is low might also be helping tourism

around here ( Annapolis Md. ) the reason that the 16 to 24 year olds cant find work is because of the illegals that have been brought here by the democrats taking up those low intellect starter jobs.

Eh, they're in the fast food joints, but there's still plenty of other stuff the kids could do. The mall is there, and not too many of the major stores are really keen to hire illegals, seeing as they need sale associates who can actually communicate, and who bathe frequently. Annapolis is just a small town as a whole, and that makes for little opportunity in general.

Who is going to work for 40k? seriously, you cant even rent a 1 bedroom apartment on 40k a year.
lol,,,fine,,,then do 50,000. i think it comes out to 20 Million Jobs?

you compare the 2004/05/06 economy to the same period now. who's economy was actually booming?
I seem to remember George Bush having to send us $300-$700 each just to keep himself out of a recession a couple times. Oh but if you were a millionaire you got a couple hundred thousand dollars in stimulus money. How did that work out for us? How did that work out for the debt?

Republicans liked using 911 as a reason for the recession but what hurt us more than 9 11 was Bush's policies he implemented after 9/11. 911 was a devastating one day event that did hurt our economy for a year George Bush policies hurt us for 10 years and counting.

Republicans dont use 9-11 for the recession, real republicans know that the recession was a product of Bill Clinton forcing banks to make risky loans to the scum of our country. when the loans failed, so did the economy.
that recession was democrat owned. Not trying to confuse people but it actually started under Jimmy Carter

oh great, another idiot that does not know history.
As the democrats like to say, if you dont know it, make it up.
Too funny. Imbeciles think the American Dream Act is made up. :rolleyes:

If you are single and don't have a huge house payment you can live on $40,000 a year in Michigan. But don't have a child unless your wife also makes 40,000 and plans on continuing to work even after she has the baby. And you better have grandparents willing to babysit for free.

around here ( Annapolis Md. ) the reason that the 16 to 24 year olds cant find work is because of the illegals that have been brought here by the democrats taking up those low intellect starter jobs.

Eh, they're in the fast food joints, but there's still plenty of other stuff the kids could do. The mall is there, and not too many of the major stores are really keen to hire illegals, seeing as they need sale associates who can actually communicate, and who bathe frequently. Annapolis is just a small town as a whole, and that makes for little opportunity in general.
Annapolis is inner city to me. Im a country boy at heart. I actually live south of annapolis in an area that people cant see their neighbors, as God intended. And those filthy illegals are taking more than fast food jobs.
Funny story, off topic but funny.
Couple years ago I loaded up the bed of the truck with illegals and told them we were going to so a landscape cleanup.
I drove them from Maryland into Virginia, stopped in front of a house that was empty, Had them start pulling weeds and told them I was going for equipment and mulch. I drove off never to return. I moved 6 illegals out of the state that day..

almost scary to think that someone that is unable to see the total past is allowed to vote.

If you are single and don't have a huge house payment you can live on $40,000 a year in Michigan. But don't have a child unless your wife also makes 40,000 and plans on continuing to work even after she has the baby. And you better have grandparents willing to babysit for free.
well of course if you have a hefty six-digit mortgage. when the Obama recession hit us even worse in 2009, thousands were going bankrupt and many had to sell their homes at a loss. Obama did absolutely nothing to bail out the middle class in 2009. Just laughed at them. only bailed out his friends to make sure they would for him again in 2012. I remember hearing from at least one conservative voice that if you took the 16/17 trillion dollar debt and just split it amongst all adults, they would probably get a nice six-figure check, or about 300,000 per household. but no,,,Obama just keeps borrowing and borrowing putting our children in about a million in debt each. Thanks a lot Nobel Prize winner!!

How many Americans are "supposed" to be in the workforce out of 330 million people?

Are children expected to work? Young mothers? Invalids? Retirees?

What number will make you happy?

Another Low-Info post by RW.

The Civilian Population used to calculate workforce statistics includes people 16 years and older. Children below the legal working age are excluded.

One incredibly sad fact of Obamanomics is the drop in employement for 16-24:

Over the past year the number of working-age Americans who have dropped from the civilian labor force has risen by 1.5 million. During Obama's presidency, the population of these Americans increased by nearly 16 million — while the labor force grew by under 3 million.

The labor force participation rate for those 16 and over dropped from 65.7% at the start of the Obama presidency to just 62.6% last month. If this rate would have remained steady, the labor force would have been nearly 14 million stronger.

This is partially explained by baby boomers retiring — at the pace of nearly 10,000 a day. But the largest reduction in the workforce has been among those under the age of 29. Today the labor force participation rate for the 16-24 age group is 55.1%, down from 60.8% a decade ago and from more than 66% back in the late 1990s.

Millennials continue to exit the labor market — and millions have never even held a job.

Why are workers disappearing? Minimum-wage increases are pricing the young out of the workforce. The myriad welfare programs are effectively paying the young not to work....

The Quiet Crisis Of America s Disappearing Workforce - Investors.com
See how the rightie lies .... here's an example of one claiming employment of 16-24 year olds has dropped over the last year. No, not according to BLS statistics....

By no metric has employment among 16-24 years decreased over the last year, yet the lying rightie I'm responding to made exactly that bullshit claim.

Yet one more shining example why no one should ever believe a rightie.

We have more kids going to college and getting completely worthless degrees.

Nonetheless, the reduction in high school dropout rates and increases in college enrollment's do indeed explain reductions in workforce participation rates for the 16-24 year old group.

It's additionally worrisome that the younger cohort is missing out on the opportunity to develop a work ethic.

That's funny. I figured that the high demands of completing a college education entailed a strong work ethic in and of themselves. Also, you're making too many assumptions. Many high school and college students work seasonally. Some work intermittently, holding a job one semester but leaving it when coming across a particularly challenging semester.

Look, it's absolutely asinine to insist that young people need to drop out of school and get a job flipping burgers in order to get ahead in life.

How many Americans are "supposed" to be in the workforce out of 330 million people?

Are children expected to work? Young mothers? Invalids? Retirees?

What number will make you happy?

Another Low-Info post by RW.

The Civilian Population used to calculate workforce statistics includes people 16 years and older. Children below the legal working age are excluded.

One incredibly sad fact of Obamanomics is the drop in employement for 16-24:

Over the past year the number of working-age Americans who have dropped from the civilian labor force has risen by 1.5 million. During Obama's presidency, the population of these Americans increased by nearly 16 million — while the labor force grew by under 3 million.

The labor force participation rate for those 16 and over dropped from 65.7% at the start of the Obama presidency to just 62.6% last month. If this rate would have remained steady, the labor force would have been nearly 14 million stronger.

This is partially explained by baby boomers retiring — at the pace of nearly 10,000 a day. But the largest reduction in the workforce has been among those under the age of 29. Today the labor force participation rate for the 16-24 age group is 55.1%, down from 60.8% a decade ago and from more than 66% back in the late 1990s.

Millennials continue to exit the labor market — and millions have never even held a job.

Why are workers disappearing? Minimum-wage increases are pricing the young out of the workforce. The myriad welfare programs are effectively paying the young not to work....

The Quiet Crisis Of America s Disappearing Workforce - Investors.com
See how the rightie lies .... here's an example of one claiming employment of 16-24 year olds has dropped over the last year. No, not according to BLS statistics....

By no metric has employment among 16-24 years decreased over the last year, yet the lying rightie I'm responding to made exactly that bullshit claim.

Yet one more shining example why no one should ever believe a rightie.

Those stats prove that the economy is not providing enough jobs to keep up with population growth.

Only 300K ended up being employed. Pathetic.

almost scary to think that someone that is unable to see the total past is allowed to vote.
Suuure .... tell me again how Clinton caused the housing bubble ....

"Thanks to our policies, home ownership in America is at an all time high." ~ George Bush, 2004 RNC

We have more kids going to college and getting completely worthless degrees.

Nonetheless, the reduction in high school dropout rates and increases in college enrollment's do indeed explain reductions in workforce participation rates for the 16-24 year old group.

It's additionally worrisome that the younger cohort is missing out on the opportunity to develop a work ethic.

That's funny. I figured that the high demands of completing a college education entailed a strong work ethic in and of themselves. Also, you're making too many assumptions. Many high school and college students work seasonally. Some work intermittently, holding a job one semester but leaving it when coming across a particularly challenging semester.

Look, it's absolutely asinine to insist that young people need to drop out of school and get a job flipping burgers in order to get ahead in life.

Not really. Many college students work at part time jobs to make ends meet .... or at least used to when jobs were available. Now, far too many are saddled with tons-o-debt that they will never be able to a pay off. And what is the impact: delay in family creation and home buying. The economy is in a downward spiral due to excessive debt. Fake stats provided by the Feds don't make this any less of a fact.

well of course if you have a hefty six-digit mortgage. when the Obama recession hit us even worse in 2009, thousands were going bankrupt and many had to sell their homes at a loss. Obama did absolutely nothing to bail out the middle class in 2009. Just laughed at them. only bailed out his friends to make sure they would for him again in 2012. I remember hearing from at least one conservative voice that if you took the 16/17 trillion dollar debt and just split it amongst all adults, they would probably get a nice six-figure check, or about 300,000 per household. but no,,,Obama just keeps borrowing and borrowing putting our children in about a million in debt each. Thanks a lot Nobel Prize winner!!
That's how f***** up things are because I agree with you 100 percent and yet we could never solve the corruption because you right wingers defend the corruption when it comes right down to it those bankers are your base. You want to go after the bankers? So do I

Middle class Republicans agree with us Democrats that the whole system is corrupted and has been taken over by the rich. Douchebag just admitted it. Of course he wants to lump it all out Obama in this situation but he at least admits the problem exists. Unless he's suggesting the Republicans are owned and controlled by those very same people?

The "job creators" better get busy then. Maybe we should gift them with some more tax cuts and wait another ten years to see if it trickles down.
Giving their money to you damn sure isn't working. Nothing seems to be trickling up.
Or you can wait for poor people to create jobs!
Who do you think will create a job first?
Why don't all these people bitching about the greedy business owners start their own businesses and show us how it's done?
They're followers not leaders. That concept is beyond their capabilities

Forum List

Back