Recipes Central - Repository of Favorites

All The Best Ways to Cook Asparagus​

Eight simple techniques (and recipes!) that make the most of our favorite springtime vegetable
~~~~~~~~~~~~​

How Sugar Affects the Brain, According to a Neuroscience Expert​

Not surprisingly, you need sugar to function—but cravings are actually a result of too much.

Actually it's click links within the article, but there are several to choose from;

Healthy Recipes with Canned Beans​

Use them as inspiration to build on and adjust based on the ingredients you have on hand.
~~~~~~~~~~~~​

30 Recipes with a Can of Chickpeas​

Recipe: Creamy French Mustard Chicken​

Believe it or not, this elegant dish comes together in about 30 minutes using only one skillet.​

~~~~~~~~~~~​

How to Eat Like a Nutritionist (And Never Feel Like You’re On a Diet)​

It doesn’t have to be all kale salads and quinoa.​

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
This is a stove top method.

You’ve Been Cooking Chicken Breasts Wrong​

With this simple method, you'll have moist, safe, and tasty chicken breasts every time
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Creamy Chicken Stroganoff​

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Recipe: One-Pot Creamy Chicken and Rice Casserole​

Last edited:

Here’s When You Should Eat Protein​

For optimal muscle gains, when you eat matters just as much as what you eat
Schoenfeld recently reviewed the current literature and found that eating 1.6 to 2.2 grams of protein for every kilogram of body weight divided over four meals each day best supports muscle building. So you’re looking at about 24 grams of protein per meal for a 130-pound woman or 32 grams of protein per meal for a 175-pound man.

That means to use your diet to help you get stronger, you can’t just load up on protein at one meal and ditch it at the next. “Eating protein erratically may result in wasting the food, rather than maximizing its benefits,” says Cynthia Sass, a sports and performance nutritionist based in New York City and Los Angeles. To get the most out of your meals, think creatively and deliberately about the distribution of protein, along with the other macronutrients that round out the perfect plate, Sass says. Try her suggestions for the perfect protein-packed day.

How To Cook Beans in the Oven​

The most hands-off, trouble-free way to cook beans.
I can still remember the first time I made a pot of home-cooked beans. Up until then my only experience of beans was straight from a can. Cooking dried beans felt exotic and old-fashioned, fancy and cowboy all at once. I took my first bite of a simple batch of Good Mother Stallard beans from Rancho Gordo and almost yelled out loud — they surprised me so much. Deeply rich and meaty, swimming in a broth that came just from the beans — no garlic and onions — it seemed like kitchen witchery that transformed dry beans and water into such flavor.

Beans have become a regular staple in my kitchen since then, no less magical for their familiarity. But I did discover an even more magical way to cook them: in the oven. Let me explain why this is my favorite method of all.
The best results will be from great heirloom beans, like the ones from Rancho Gordo and other growers who are preserving terrific heirloom varieties with tons of flavor.

Also, the traditional clay pot, like these wonderful pots from La Chamba will help your beans cook nicely and give them an earthy, smoky flavor. But you can also use any oven-safe pot with a lid. Just make sure you give the beans plenty of space to expand; they’ll grow as they cook to about three times their original volume.
Here are some of the pros and cons of soaking your beans before cooking them: ...
I’ve cooked plenty of beans with soaking, not soaking, and with the quick-soak method. But as long as they’re cooked in the gentle, even heat of the oven they’ve always turned out beautifully.

So this is the method I use. It takes a lot longer to explain than to actually do it!

How To Make Cacio e Pepe: The Easiest Method for Perfect Results Every Time​

The easiest method for perfect results every time.
For years, cacio e pepe defeated me. The seemingly simple Roman dish of pasta, Pecorino Romano cheese, and black pepper never came together correctly whenever I attempted to make it at home. I tried recipe after recipe, each claiming they held the secret to success, but instead of a creamy, peppery pasta, I’d end up with something lumpy, grainy, or dry.

So when I say that this step-by-step recipe is foolproof, I mean it. I’ve cooked my way through basically every cacio e pepe recipe out there, and that has led me to this easy-as-can-be version that works every time. Here’s everything you need to know.

First, What Is Cacio e Pepe?​

Cacio e pepe hails from Rome and the surrounding region. In local dialect, cacio e pepe translates to “cheese and pepper,” and its ingredients are just that — cheese, black pepper, and pasta. But because the ingredients are so simple, the specifics of each really matter.

We eat these a lot, but might have to try these alternatives;

End of the Avocado: Why Chefs Are Ditching the Unsustainable Fruit​

Give peas a chance—as well as pistachios, fava beans, and pumpkin seed paste. These are just some of the ingredients being used to replace one of the world’s most popular fruits.

Loaded Breakfast Sweet Potatoes​

Perfect for a healthy and filling brunch.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~​

Grilled Chorizo Sandwiches with Chimichurri (Choripán)​

Casually eaten and widely beloved in Argentina, these grilled sausage sandwiches are great with a cold beer.

There are 37 excellent ideas here. Many I've tried and used often. These are worth writing down (or printing the article) to keep handy for reference.

People Are Sharing The One Small Ingredient That Makes The Biggest Difference In Their Go-To Dishes (And I'm So Excited To Try These In My Own Kitchen)​

Recipes are great guides, but there are often unwritten ingredients that take food to a whole new level. So I rounded up a bunch of "secret flavor weapons" from the BuzzFeed Community and from the subreddit r/cooking. Here are the ingredients that readers swear by when it comes to upgrading their home cooking.​

Bacon Cheddar Chive Biscuit Recipe​

Loaded with crispy bacon bits, extra-sharp cheddar cheese, and chives. The biscuits come out perfectly flaky and buttery every time.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~​

You Don't Have To Travel Thousands Of Miles For The Best Chicken Shawarma​

You could travel to Turkey, or you could just make your own.
Shawarma refers to the Middle Eastern method cooking where thin slices of meat, most traditionally lamb, are stack on a vertical spit and slowly rotate in front of a fire or other heat source. The outside meat is slowly cooked and then shaved off to serve. It’s a common street food and the result is tender, juicy, well spiced meat. Our version, since it’s cooked in the oven, varies greatly from traditional shawarma, but mimics the flavor and tenderness you would find and makes it possible to make at home. Shawarma refers to the meat and is most commonly served with pita and veggies like lettuce, onions, and tomatoes. Use the chicken in a salad, on a pita, or over rice. However you serve it, you’re going to love it. Cooking the chicken with the onions adds extra moisture to the pan and helps it further tenderize the chicken and produces some pan sauce that is great tossed in with the cut chicken!

How to Make Much Better Home Pizzas – From Flavour-Filled Bases to Next-Level Toppings​

Anyone can make pizza from scratch, but these expert tips will make an everyday dish outstanding.​

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~​

Cold-Fighting Chicken Noodle Soup Recipe​

The most soothing, comforting, cozy soup for when you're not feeling great.​

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~​

Soothing Bedtime Golden Milk​

An easy anti-inflammatory, cold-fighting recipe for a warm, vegan turmeric latte that'll help you sleep.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

The Best-Ever Eggplant Parmigiana​

An unadulterated recipe taught to us by an Italian grandma herself.​

Forum List

Back