Recipes Central - Repository of Favorites

Stryder50

Platinum Member
Feb 8, 2021
Lynden, WA, USA
As the title suggests, a place for stashing those recipes you come across and want to share~save without starting a dedicated and exclusive thread.

Lead off with a selection of recipes for beef stroganoff;

Beef Stroganoff Recipes

Beef stroganoff is the ultimate comfort food. With switched-up ingredients and creative twists, these popular variations elevate the classic dish from familiar to fabulous.

I just post em when I come across em...after testing them of course.
Making homemade dirty rice and crawfish etouffee tonight.
Well actually we started on the dirty rice yesterday and we're doing the etoufee today.
Making a 3 cup flour and 2 cup grapeseed oil roux with the trinity takes forever even using Isaac Toups method.
I'd suggest just looking at whats already been done because I sure as hell wont be reposting all the recipes I've already posted..

Not expecting you or others to re-post, unless you want to.

Being new here and looking over the list, I see where there's a lot to go through and I've an old habit on conserving server space/storage, so that's part of what's here. Admittedly, search function might help at times, if one has a specific in mind. Since there's already lots of threads I'm thinking another won't hurt and this is also partly for my convenience in retrieving.

What we had last nght, with a couple of meals left over for the two of us.
Hearty Beef Braciole
Inspired by my nonna’s stuffed beef rolls slow-cooked in rich tomato sauce, I set out to explore this epitome of Italian country cooking.
SFS_Braciole_358

You may need a subscription to their magazine for some recipes, but Cooks Illustrated is one of the best buys in cooking magazines, IMO. Lots of helpful hints and tips along with well tested recipes (they are affiliated with America's Test Kitchen TV show).

Not expecting you or others to re-post, unless you want to.

Being new here and looking over the list, I see where there's a lot to go through and I've an old habit on conserving server space/storage, so that's part of what's here. Admittedly, search function might help at times, if one has a specific in mind. Since there's already lots of threads I'm thinking another won't hurt and this is also partly for my convenience in retrieving.

If you want to make a depository of recipes combine the ones everyone have already posted.

As the title suggests, a place for stashing those recipes you come across and want to share~save without starting a dedicated and exclusive thread.

Lead off with a selection of recipes for beef stroganoff;

Beef Stroganoff Recipes

Beef stroganoff is the ultimate comfort food. With switched-up ingredients and creative twists, these popular variations elevate the classic dish from familiar to fabulous.

As a rule, I don't do canned soup recipes and I didn't grow up eating beef stroganoff. When my kid was younger, I made that and he loved it. It' s cheap, too.

Edit for brevity

If you want to make a depository of recipes combine the ones everyone have already posted.
I'll leave that to others to do with theirs if they wish.

What part of this opening sentence of the OP did you fail to grasp?
" As the title suggests, a place for stashing those recipes you come across and want to share~save without starting a dedicated and exclusive thread. "

Or are you just picking nits and have your knickers in a knot?

I have the solution. We need HereWeGoAgain and his wife to make cooking videos. For real. Because he makes amazing things.

I think buttercup makes cooking videos, too.

You just dont see the cheap ass shit we make when we're lazy.
Sure I love making complicated stuff,but I'm known to eat a whole pot of Kraft Macaroni and cheese or some frozen corn dogs.

But, that's ok. Some of the stuff you make is complicated.

I have the solution. We need HereWeGoAgain and his wife to make cooking videos. For real. Because he makes amazing things.

Sure I love making complicated stuff,but I'm known to eat a whole pot of Kraft Macaroni and cheese or some frozen corn dogs.

Making difficult things makes cooking worthwhile for me and far more interesting.
The way I figure it is ya gotta eat so why not expand your horizons and go for broke?
You wont see our multiple fuck ups that we spent hours on.....I just see them as learning experiences.
The Wife always tries to console me but I'm my biggest critic.
If it sucks it sucks and I'm not going to sugar coat things.

Making difficult things makes cooking worthwhile for me and far more interesting.
The way I figure it is ya gotta eat so why not expand your horizons and go for broke?
You wont see our multiple fuck ups that we spent hours on.....I just see them as learning experiences.

It happens.

I like to cook. There are times when I swear that I'm done and it's Taco Bell forever.

It happens.

I like to cook. There are times when I swear that I'm done and it's Taco Bell forever.

Went to bed hungry many times.....
Your appetite seems to disappear when you screw the pooch.
Some of my worst failures we're during 20 hour brisket cooks in my youth.
You think you've done everything right only to find out your flat is dry and the point is just right.
It's especially bad when you spent $250 bucks on Wagyu brisket!!

Last edited:
Yep. Can't afford a $250 piece of meat. My son is keen on that Wagyu. I just can't afford a mistake like that.

Yep. Can't afford a $250 piece of meat. My son is keen on that Wagyu. I just can't afford a mistake like that.

We dont do the Wagyu very often anymore other than in a steak once or twice a year.
Ya only need one 12 or 16 oz steak for two people since they're so rich. It's like eating cheesecake...ya can only stand so much before ya wanna puke.
I do however recommend trying one. The buttery flavor and texture is amazing!!!
When you handle the steak before cooking the fat starts melting just from the heat of your fingers.
Cut that sucker into 3/8 thick strips and toss into a hot pan of the fat you trimmed off of it and it's amazing!!! Only takes around one minute a side.

Edit for brevity

I'll leave that to others to do with theirs if they wish.

What part of this opening sentence of the OP did you fail to grasp?
" As the title suggests, a place for stashing those recipes you come across and want to share~save without starting a dedicated and exclusive thread. "

Or are you just picking nits and have your knickers in a knot?

Nah....it's just that there are so many recipes posted here they tend to get lost in the shuffle.
Maybe the mods can start an official recipe section.

Looks as if most of these are found in the UK, but only a few sound like they could be found in the USA. However I'd gauge there are similar here on our side of the pond.
‘This sauce will change your life!’ 30 brilliant condiments to transform your tired lockdown dishes

When you’re barely allowed out of your home, let alone your neighbourhood, you have to mix things up whenever you can. From Chinese XO to Romanian mujdei and Filipino banana ketchup, these spicy sauces will bring the whole world into your kitchen

Tony Naylor
Mon 1 Mar 2021 05.00 EST
Last modified on Mon 1 Mar 2021 05.47 EST

Britain is splashing out on condiments like never before. To alleviate the grind of lockdown cooking, we are raiding the global larder way beyond ketchup and brown sauce, to unlock a world of hot, concentrated, punchy flavours with the ability to transform a meal in seconds.

Forum List

Back