Reality of Cancel culture

MaryL

Diamond Member
Dec 30, 2011
Midwestern U.S.
Rosanne Barr removed from her own show. Garrison Keillor removed from his own show. Charlie (and all the news that matters) Rose gone off his own show. Gina Carano fired over mere political differences. And so many more gone "disappeared" off of Twitter (President Trump, anyone?) The question isn't "Is there cancel culture", but instead, "how do we deal with it?

Last edited:
Rosanne Barr removed from her own show. Garrison Keillor removed from his own show. Charlie (and all the news that matters) Rose gone off his own show. Gina Carano fired over mere political differences. And so many more gone "disappeared" off of Twitter (President Trump, anyone?) The question isn't "Is there cancel culture", but instead, "how do we stop it"?
So sad. So sad. Sorry seems to be the hardest word...
How do you stop it?..Well, try being a thinking human being for starts.. :)

The only way I think you deal with it now is by electing strong Governments who aren't afraid to upset a few folk and ride out the heat that comes in the short-term from them making one or two decisions a few lickspittles are uncomfortable with.

I also forgot about the NFL and Colin Kaepernick.

Nascar too?

I think the right is just pissed that their cancel culture isn't as effective.

Hopefully Conservatives and Dissident Liberals will master the art. Hopefully, they would be able to pressure companies to fire Progressives.

Yeah, sure. When being a raging, racist asshole becomes fashionable then that will happen.

It's just a new form of McCarthyism and has existed in nameless forms forever.

It will, eventually, turn on itself and die, until it comes again.

Charlie Rose was the darling of the liberal press back in the day. He had a highly touted interview show on PBS. Now he is dead and a non person. Erased from our collective memory...because the democratic party commissar says so. Erased from our collective history, the democratic party commissars says so.

Hopefully Conservatives and Dissident Liberals will master the art. Hopefully, they would be able to pressure companies to fire Progressives.

Yeah, sure.

There are many mostly Conservative counties. Organizing boycotts against businesses that hire Progressives in those counties should be effective. Only time will tell.

Charlie Rose was the darling of the liberal press back in the day. He had a highly touted interview show on PBS. Now he is dead and a non person. Erased from our collective memory...because the democratic party commissar says so. Erased from our collective history, the democratic party commissars says so.
He was accused of sexual assault to include groping. Not exactly employee of the month material so he got fired. You got a problem with that?

Yeah, sure.

There are many mostly Conservative counties. Organizing boycotts against businesses that hire Progressives in those counties should be effective. Only time will tell.
No there isn't.

He was accused of sexual assault to include groping. Not exactly employee of the month material so he got fired. You got a problem with that?

If you are falsely accused, you will also be Presumed Guilty.

Presumption of guilt is on of the worst Human Rights violations.

If you are falsely accused, you will also be Presumed Guilty.

Presumption of guilt is on of the worst Human Rights violations.

Statement from Charlie Rose

I deeply apologize for my inappropriate behavior. I am greatly embarrassed. I have behaved insensitively at times, and I accept responsibility for that, though I do not believe that all of these allegations are accurate. I always felt that I was pursuing shared feelings, even though I now realize I was mistaken

Sounds like he accepted the outcome, maybe the people defending sexual assault should too.

EDIT: And to be clear, a total of 35 women accused him. That's a lot.

I despised Rosanne back in the day. 1988. My friends loved her then she was sooo relevant then. But when she losses ownership to her own name & franchise over posting a mere thought or idea...Something is broken here.

I despised Rosanne back in the day. 1988. My friends loved her then she was sooo relevant then. But when she losses ownership to her own name & franchise over posting a mere thought or idea...Something is broken here.

It's pretty simple. If more people like you agreed with those tweets then they'd have an audience big enough to justify making the show.

I think they call that capitalism.

Forum List

Back