Real Time with Bill Maher: Middle Class Economics

Slowly but surely perhaps the middle class is staring to wake up and figure out that they are taking it on the chin despite misinformation sources that say different. Imagine what happens if they all get on the same page.

And that is the most important point anyone can make on any political topic.
THIS is the problem, and why our government remains so deeply corrupt and we do nothing to change it. As long as Democrats think it is all Republicans fault, and Republicans think otherwise - Nothing will change. Period.
But we cannot seem to get past partisan bullshit. And until we do - we will continue to get screwed. Take Obama's state of the union address, all the man did was stand up there and spout off half truths and spun data trying to convince everyone that everything is great, and the "shadow of the crises is over".
Complete and utter nonsense. And the media let him do it.

There's nothing wrong with the middle class that can't be cured with harder work, longer hours, and lower pay.

Inflation caused prices to increase faster than wages.

Horse shit. Prices have increased because people are still willing to buy at the higher prices.
You dont understand economics. We get it.

:lmao:

Says the guy who doesn't comprehend that prices won't increase if people aren't willing to pay higher prices.
You dont understand economics. No need to belabor the point. We get it.

Horse shit. Prices have increased because people are still willing to buy at the higher prices.

Says the guy who doesn't comprehend that prices won't increase if people aren't willing to pay higher prices.

Poor Rabbi. A raging liberal stuck in a conservative's body. Always thinking that everyone owes him something. The government should pay for him and him. People should sell their houses to him for less money because of inflation. People should pay him more because he deserves it. It's not fair that it's so expensive to buy things and he makes so little money.

Poor Rabbi. A raging liberal stuck in a conservative's body. Always thinking that everyone owes him something. The government should pay for him and him. People should sell their houses to him for less money because of inflation. People should pay him more because he deserves it. It's not fair that it's so expensive to buy things and he makes so little money.
Your deflection to absurd insults is noted. You are dismissed from this discussion as your arguments have been refuted and you have been unmasked as an ignoramus.

Your deflection to absurd insults is noted. You are dismissed from this discussion as your arguments have been refuted and you have been unmasked as an ignoramus.

Maybe one day you will learn how to understand the world around you in terms other than whiny complaints. Until then shut up woman get on my horse.

Maybe one day you will learn how to understand the world around you in terms other than whiny complaints. Until then shut up woman get on my horse.
Oh look. Stomping around claiming he won something. How cute.
Get lost, junior.

The united states of America is now the united states for the wealthy.

that green eyed monster won't make your life happy or more wealthy. some people worked for their wealth, others inherit it. Now how are they taking skin off your ass and preventing you to become wealthy?

You aren't happy here you should move. give Cuba or Venezuela a try. they don't have any wealth. so you should be happy

It took a financial meltdown and decades of the middle class getting repeatedly pummeled but it looks like "free market" economics days are numbered. More and more people are waking up to the reality that trickled on economics works great for the top 1%, perhaps even moderately well for the top 10 or 20%, but doesn't work for anyone else and results in crony Capitalism. The true believers still swear their big paycheck is coming, if only we'd cut the <100B in welfare going to the "moochers". But irrespective of red herrings, Reaganomics doesn't work for the middle class and especially not for the lower classes. It's time for a paradigm shift. We shrugged off Keynesian economics in the 70's and went far right into "free" markets. Now its time to swing back to the left and build another middle class the whole world will envy.

Here ya go. the results of Keynesian economics and a GOVERMENT who sucked the life out a state with corruption, mismanagement, and the liberal/Democrat Utopia is now taking away people homes while their government lives high on the hog . Please find someone else to get your politics from instead of some dummy like Maher who has no idea about the middle class. He left that years ago as has most of your elected idiots in the Democrat party wailing about them. You've bought into their bs.

SNIP:
Detroit Seizes Homes to Fund Corruption

Detroit is foreclosing on tens of thousands of homes — in order to pay for an unaffordable city government that fails the essential tests of governance. The NYT reports that the city is seizing the homes of residents who failed to pay property taxes, and putting some of the houses up for public auction:

Michigan in 1999 changed the way its local governments deal with people who fail to pay their property taxes, replacing a system of tax liens with foreclosure. Yet the number of foreclosures did not reach what advocates here view as a crisis level until years later, when the national recession hastened the city’s problems with blighted properties and population decline. By last year, at least 70,000 foreclosures had taken place here since 2009, not for unpaid mortgages but for failure to pay property taxes.

Of the 62,000 city properties subject to foreclosure this year, more than half are believed to be occupied; nearly 13,000 are probably vacant lots. Some portion of the properties facing foreclosure were also eligible for it a year ago or more, but officials had delayed pursuing them in part because the numbers had grown too large for county workers to handle so many proceedings.

This story shows just how bankrupt the Great Society model of urban governance has become. These property taxes are themselves exorbitant, and the structure they help pay for is an unsustainable system of unionized employees. Since the 1960s, Democrats have supported a model that, at its worst, is characterized by corrupt political machines that rule in de facto single-party urban enclaves. They are propped up by state and federal subsidies and show little to no interest in effective management, economically sustainable development policies, anti-corruption efforts, or school performance.

Now, the sinkhole of corruption and dysfunction that is Detroit has become such a crushing burden that it is taking away citizens’ homes. This isn’t to say that there aren’t some individuals in the mix who irresponsibly ignored tax bills from a dysfunctional city
all of it here:

Detroit Seizes Homes to Fund Corruption - The American Interest

"You aren't happy here you should move. give Cuba or Venezuela a try. they don't have any wealth. so you should be happy"

Funny. That's what I say about corporations that whine and cry about regulations. Move to China and I will help you pack. That way you can hire and pay your employees next to nothing... and you get to pollute with no restrictions. A capitalist paradise.

"You aren't happy here you should move. give Cuba or Venezuela a try. they don't have any wealth. so you should be happy"

Funny. That's what I say about corporations that whine and cry about regulations. Move to China and I will help you pack. That way you can hire and pay your employees next to nothing... and you get to pollute with no restrictions. A capitalist paradise.
And yet you probably bitch about outsourcing. Make up your mind.

Lame. Initforme makes a great point and you shoot a blank.

Do you have something to contribute here other than stupidity?

from what I've seen I'd so no

from what I've seen I'd so no
So both of you refuse to take on Initforme's post. Cluck cluck SQUAWK!

Forum List

Back