Real Time with Bill Maher: Middle Class Economics

Wrong how ?? In what way am I wrong? Please explain. Thanks.
Because you are wrong on the following accounts:

1 . Europe was in ruins after WWII
2. We didnt have the regulations like we do know back then
3. A monkey could make money back then, no iso 9000 , nothing ,just pump out parts with a Tolarance of plus or minus a inch

And on and on and on
So sonny who claimed his plan didnt involve trade wars or government action reveals that it does exactly that. No wonder he's on ignore.
Wrong. My "plan" has absolutely nothing to do with trade wars, tariffs, nor does it have anything to do with isolationism. Try again. You can try and try to twist what I say around to mean something else, but it wont fly. I am totally against trade wars, tariffs, and isolationism. I firmly believe in fair, equal, and balanced foreign trade with our many trading partners, and have stated such many times over the years. And, I doubt very seriously that you can show where I have ever said otherwise.
Of course what you posted is trade wars/isolationism, it can never work.
WRONG !!!! I do NOT believe in trade wars, tariffs, nor isolationism, period. I have never ever believed in them. They are NOT necessary. How is what I posted even slightly related to trade wars or isolationism? Are you trying to say that fair, equal, and balanced trade with our many trading partners is trade wars and isolationism? Please !!! Go back and read what I said then come tell me where I said anything about trade wars or isolationism. Tell me where I even implied such. Please do not twist what I say around to mean something entirely different. Thanks.
Every post you make implies trade wars and isolationism , That's the only way your plan can work

You fucking moron you must be 3 years old who the fuck you going to find if you drop your labor rates from $12 bucks an hour to $9 bucks an hour?

You would have to shut down

Dumb fuck

Oh look, another entitled little brat who doesn't know anything but thinks they do. Reducing the pay I offer workers to be in line with market rates will not cause me to shut down. It will save me money by aligning wages with the market rate for the labor being bought.

OK so things are underpriced when you say they are and fairly priced when you think so.

That's not what I said at all. And even though you're pretty damn stupid, I'm also sure that you're not misunderstanding me due to mental incompetence. You're being deliberately stupid because you want to work with easy answer and don't want to deal with things that take actual mental effort.

If I'm selling widgets at $10 a piece, but people want my widgets enough that I could charge double the price without losing significant volume, then my widgets are under priced. I might not know even know it. As a matter of fact, I probably don't know it, which is probably why I'm under pricing them. It is not me who decides that something is under priced, it is the market. All I can do is observe, evaluate, and identify the fact.

Listen, I know that this is all really technical stuff and is difficult for a life long loser to understand. But if you work really hard, maybe go back and get your GED and do some studying of how business works, maybe one day you just might be able to understand all this grown up stuff. Until then, just make sure that you keep offering add-ons to every order. Remember, fries first, then if they already ordered fries ask if they'd like a sundae. And don't forget...Super-sizing orders makes you a Super-sized worker!
So you take a micro example and assume a macro outcome. Every home builder in 1970 was unawayre he coulf raise prices. Every car maker was convinced price increases wouldnt stick.
How fucking stupid do you have to be to think something like that?

You fucking moron you must be 3 years old who the fuck you going to find if you drop your labor rates from $12 bucks an hour to $9 bucks an hour?

Dumb fuck

Oh look, another entitled little brat who doesn't know anything but thinks they do. Reducing the pay I offer workers to be in line with market rates will not cause me to shut down. It will save me money by aligning wages with the market rate for the labor being bought.
Lmao i would tell you to fuck off and quit, then you would be Texting and calling my ass to please come back like normal

OK so things are underpriced when you say they are and fairly priced when you think so.

That's not what I said at all. And even though you're pretty damn stupid, I'm also sure that you're not misunderstanding me due to mental incompetence. You're being deliberately stupid because you want to work with easy answer and don't want to deal with things that take actual mental effort.

If I'm selling widgets at $10 a piece, but people want my widgets enough that I could charge double the price without losing significant volume, then my widgets are under priced. I might not know even know it. As a matter of fact, I probably don't know it, which is probably why I'm under pricing them. It is not me who decides that something is under priced, it is the market. All I can do is observe, evaluate, and identify the fact.

Listen, I know that this is all really technical stuff and is difficult for a life long loser to understand. But if you work really hard, maybe go back and get your GED and do some studying of how business works, maybe one day you just might be able to understand all this grown up stuff. Until then, just make sure that you keep offering add-ons to every order. Remember, fries first, then if they already ordered fries ask if they'd like a sundae. And don't forget...Super-sizing orders makes you a Super-sized worker!

I run a small business where I am very busy in the spring and fall, but sometimes struggle to find work in August. Most of my estimates for the season happen in early spring. Most of the time I am asked if I can bring my price down, and I explain to them that I can bring the price down if the work is performed in August, when I have the least amount of work. The majority of my potential clients do not see this as a sale during August, they see me as gouging them in spring.

In my personal experience, people only understand supply/demand when it benefits them.

Yep, pretty much the same thing happens in the hotel industry. People lament all the time about the in-season rates being so much higher than the off-season rates. I remember one weekend evening where the entire town was sold out. We had just released our hold room and raised the rate for it to $389 when a guy came in looking for a room for the night. But he didn't want to pay the price and tried to talk me into $249, complaining that we had rooms for $249 a few days ago, so we should be able to give him that rate now. Then he tried suggest that he'd be doing me a favor because we'd have an extra $249 on the night. I offered him a 10% discount but told him that that was the best I could do, and that really even in doing that I would be effectively giving away money because in my estimation there was a 99% chance that someone else would walk through the door before the night was over and take the room at $389. He said he had to call his girlfriend and talk it over with her. He hadn't taken two steps when the guy behind him in linen walked up and said "I'd like to take that room at $389 for the night."

Because you are wrong on the following accounts:

1 . Europe was in ruins after WWII
2. We didnt have the regulations like we do know back then
3. A monkey could make money back then, no iso 9000 , nothing ,just pump out parts with a Tolarance of plus or minus a inch

And on and on and on
So sonny who claimed his plan didnt involve trade wars or government action reveals that it does exactly that. No wonder he's on ignore.
Wrong. My "plan" has absolutely nothing to do with trade wars, tariffs, nor does it have anything to do with isolationism. Try again. You can try and try to twist what I say around to mean something else, but it wont fly. I am totally against trade wars, tariffs, and isolationism. I firmly believe in fair, equal, and balanced foreign trade with our many trading partners, and have stated such many times over the years. And, I doubt very seriously that you can show where I have ever said otherwise.
WRONG !!!! I do NOT believe in trade wars, tariffs, nor isolationism, period. I have never ever believed in them. They are NOT necessary. How is what I posted even slightly related to trade wars or isolationism? Are you trying to say that fair, equal, and balanced trade with our many trading partners is trade wars and isolationism? Please !!! Go back and read what I said then come tell me where I said anything about trade wars or isolationism. Tell me where I even implied such. Please do not twist what I say around to mean something entirely different. Thanks.
Every post you make implies trade wars and isolationism , That's the only way your plan can work
WRONG !!! My plans works by enacting fair, equal, and balanced trade with our many trading partners. My posts NEVER mention nor imply trade wars, tariffs, nor isolationism. Obviously you're not comprehending what you read. Please re-read my many comments and posts on the subject and find one instance where I mention or imply trade wars, tariffs, or isolationism. I have stated many times, "Fair, Equal, and Balanced Trade". That has absolutely nothing to do with trade wars, tariffs, or isolationism.

Dumb fuck

Lmao i would tell you to fuck off and quit, then you would be Texting and calling my ass to please come back like normal

:lmao:

If you want to quit, go ahead quit. Idiots like you always think you're more important than you really are. You can be replaced. And in this job market, you can be replaced cheaply.

Slowly but surely perhaps the middle class is staring to wake up and figure out that they are taking it on the chin despite misinformation sources that say different. Imagine what happens if they all get on the same page.

I run a small business where I am very busy in the spring and fall, but sometimes struggle to find work in August. Most of my estimates for the season happen in early spring. Most of the time I am asked if I can bring my price down, and I explain to them that I can bring the price down if the work is performed in August, when I have the least amount of work. The majority of my potential clients do not see this as a sale during August, they see me as gouging them in spring.

In my personal experience, people only understand supply/demand when it benefits them.

Yep, pretty much the same thing happens in the hotel industry. People lament all the time about the in-season rates being so much higher than the off-season rates. I remember one weekend evening where the entire town was sold out. We had just released our hold room and raised the rate for it to $389 when a guy came in looking for a room for the night. But he didn't want to pay the price and tried to talk me into $249, complaining that we had rooms for $249 a few days ago, so we should be able to give him that rate now. Then he tried suggest that he'd be doing me a favor because we'd have an extra $249 on the night. I offered him a 10% discount but told him that that was the best I could do, and that really even in doing that I would be effectively giving away money because in my estimation there was a 99% chance that someone else would walk through the door before the night was over and take the room at $389. He said he had to call his girlfriend and talk it over with her. He hadn't taken two steps when the guy behind him in linen walked up and said "I'd like to take that room at $389 for the night."

Dumb fuck

If you want to quit, go ahead quit. Idiots like you always think you're more important than you really are. You can be replaced. And in this job market, you can be replaced cheaply.
Dont give me that bull shit I forgot more then you will ever know

WRONG !!! My plans works by enacting fair, equal, and balanced trade with our many trading partners. My posts NEVER mention nor imply trade wars, tariffs, nor isolationism. Obviously you're not comprehending what you read. Please re-read my many comments and posts on the subject and find one instance where I mention or imply trade wars, tariffs, or isolationism. I have stated many times, "Fair, Equal, and Balanced Trade". That has absolutely nothing to do with trade wars, tariffs, or isolationism.
Youthink restricting trade makes people wealthier? Seriously?

Youthink restricting trade makes people wealthier? Seriously?
I don't recall saying anything about wealth or wealthy people. I have said that fair, equal, and balanced trade with our many trading partners will produce jobs and fair competition for good employees, which will raise wages. Are you twisting what I say around to defect from what I have said?

Oh, by the way, I thought you had me on ignore? Changed your mind? Why?

The united states of America is now the united states for the wealthy.
As long as our currency holds its value and remains the world's benchmark currency, yes. But, should our debt cause a collapse, and we're forced to beg for debt forgiveness, then wealth becomes debt.

So you take a micro example and assume a macro outcome. Every home builder in 1970 was unawayre he coulf raise prices. Every car maker was convinced price increases wouldnt stick.

What are you trying to argue here? I have no doubt that sellers in the 1970s set prices according to their best efforts and estimations as to what they could manage to sell for. But we're not here talking about the quality of work those people were doing back in those days.

It took a financial meltdown and decades of the middle class getting repeatedly pummeled but it looks like "free market" economics days are numbered. More and more people are waking up to the reality that trickled on economics works great for the top 1%, perhaps even moderately well for the top 10 or 20%, but doesn't work for anyone else and results in crony Capitalism. The true believers still swear their big paycheck is coming, if only we'd cut the <100B in welfare going to the "moochers". But irrespective of red herrings, Reaganomics doesn't work for the middle class and especially not for the lower classes. It's time for a paradigm shift. We shrugged off Keynesian economics in the 70's and went far right into "free" markets. Now its time to swing back to the left and build another middle class the whole world will envy.

How do we do that? How can we build the Middle Class back to where it once was? What would you do to accomplish that?

You don't build the middle class using the democrats ideology for sure. To make wealth distribution work you have to tax the middle class to the point where you've taken everything.

Slowly but surely perhaps the middle class is staring to wake up and figure out that they are taking it on the chin despite misinformation sources that say different. Imagine what happens if they all get on the same page.

There's a simple solution: Advocate for your own self to get the highest wage you can possibly get.

What are you trying to argue here? I have no doubt that sellers in the 1970s set prices according to their best efforts and estimations as to what they could manage to sell for. But we're not here talking about the quality of work those people were doing back in those days.
I'm arguing that you dont have a clue what you're talking about. I dont need to provide much evidence because you make the case every time.
Houses were not underpriced in 1970.
Inflation caused prices to increase faster than wages.
These arent very controversial views. That you seem to want to dispute them is indicative of somethng.

Forum List

Back