Real Time with Bill Maher: Middle Class Economics

"You aren't happy here you should move. give Cuba or Venezuela a try. they don't have any wealth. so you should be happy"

Funny. That's what I say about corporations that whine and cry about regulations. Move to China and I will help you pack. That way you can hire and pay your employees next to nothing... and you get to pollute with no restrictions. A capitalist paradise.
And yet you probably bitch about outsourcing. Make up your mind.
Lame. Initforme makes a great point and you shoot a blank.
Do you have something to contribute here other than stupidity?

from what I've seen I'd so no
So both of you refuse to take on Initforme's post. Cluck cluck SQUAWK!

are you his mother or something? or you have a crush on them?

"You aren't happy here you should move. give Cuba or Venezuela a try. they don't have any wealth. so you should be happy"

Funny. That's what I say about corporations that whine and cry about regulations. Move to China and I will help you pack. That way you can hire and pay your employees next to nothing... and you get to pollute with no restrictions. A capitalist paradise.

What do you mean "take it on"?? WTF is that supposed to mean? Take on his opinion that the US will be better off if companies move their entire operations overseas? What are you, stupid?

What do you mean "take it on"?? WTF is that supposed to mean? Take on his opinion that the US will be better off if companies move their entire operations overseas? What are you, stupid?

yes he's stupid and another loser troll.

Yes, the government is responsible. Yes, the government has sold us out. I have no idea as to why you think my solution would be more government. The solution is NOT more government. I have detailed my solution many times on this forum, and did so again this morning on another thread. I give my solution almost every single day on this forum.
What gave you the idea that my solution would be more government? Just curious.

Try Republicans/corporate America/wall street.

It took a financial meltdown and decades of the middle class getting repeatedly pummeled but it looks like "free market" economics days are numbered. More and more people are waking up to the reality that trickled on economics works great for the top 1%, perhaps even moderately well for the top 10 or 20%, but doesn't work for anyone else and results in crony Capitalism. The true believers still swear their big paycheck is coming, if only we'd cut the <100B in welfare going to the "moochers". But irrespective of red herrings, Reaganomics doesn't work for the middle class and especially not for the lower classes. It's time for a paradigm shift. We shrugged off Keynesian economics in the 70's and went far right into "free" markets. Now its time to swing back to the left and build another middle class the whole world will envy.

How do we do that? How can we build the Middle Class back to where it once was? What would you do to accomplish that?

Increase taxes on the wealthy and corporations. Give them an out for reinvesting their money back into the American economy. It really is that simple. What people do not understand is that back in the 50's and 60's when tax rates were much higher, nobody paid those high tax rates. But in order not to pay those rates, people and businesses had to put their money back into play. What we have done now is just let the wealthy, both individuals and corporations, just keep all of their money with no strings attached. Sure they will invest that money if they see a sure way to make more money, but they won't risk it if they don't have to. The idea that letting the wealthy keep more of their money and they will just invest it on their own, into actual enterprises that create jobs, well that was all a big myth that has been blown out of the water many times over. The only question now is why so many people still believe that idea works.

The united states of America is now the united states for the wealthy.
The United States of America was/is/will be for the wealthy. It's not a problem. The problem is that politicians don't really care about the middle class and poor people's problems.

Forum List

Back