Real models that Blacks should be looking up too

Why doesn't the media write more about guys like this? How are blacks supposed to know about these people when no one talks about them? And don't give me that BET shit either BET is about $$$ that's it. That are not owned by blacks and is in my opinion one of the worst things to happen to young blacks in a while.
Bottom line people only learn what they are taught. These people didn't just pop into your brain. I am sure you had to fine them. Buried on the back of some obscure site.

First they have to open a history book.

That's pretty much how people learn something. They must seek out knowledge, not wait for knowledge to seek them. In this day and age of the internet learning history is as simple as tweeting, face-booking, texting or emailing etc.... But I guess that would be asking too much from them.

Yeah because that's what EVERYONE does these days right? Most people research something that has peaked their interest from something else. These people are not in any history books. And any teacher will tell you that wikipedia is not a credible source.
That being said, one doesn't need to do all that to learn about white people do they?

You left off Barack Obama and Eric Holder as role models

those two play into the victimhood trap and are disqualified

How so?

Both are examples of black Americans rising to the highest levels of our society

But....they didn't build that:

“I know, literally, Barack and I talk about it. Neither one of us would have had any shot,” Biden said. “The same with our wives. Both wives are smarter than both of us. Literally, these very accomplished women would not have any chance without some help.”
Joe Biden: ?No Chance? Jill And Michelle Would Have Succeeded In Life Without Government Help? | Weasel Zippers

The OP is about folks who made it themselves....not losers who needed the gangs and political nepotism....

Why doesn't the media write more about guys like this? How are blacks supposed to know about these people when no one talks about them? And don't give me that BET shit either BET is about $$$ that's it. That are not owned by blacks and is in my opinion one of the worst things to happen to young blacks in a while.
Bottom line people only learn what they are taught. These people didn't just pop into your brain. I am sure you had to fine them. Buried on the back of some obscure site.

You make a solid point BBC. These are the people that should be the roll models but we as a society(including most black children) have accepted "ghetto" culture that advances violence and illogic.

6. David Harold Blackwell (April 24, 1919 – July 8, 2010) was Professor Emeritus of Statistics at the University of California, Berkeley, and is one of the eponyms of the Rao–Blackwell theorem.[2] Born in Centralia, Illinois, he was the first African American inducted into the National Academy of Sciences, and the first black tenured faculty member at UC Berkeley.[1][3] David Blackwell - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

7. Otis Frank Boykin (August 29, 1920, Dallas, Texas – March 13, 1982, Chicago, Illinois) was an African-American inventor and engineer.[1]

Boykin's most famous invention was likely a control unit for the artificial heart pacemaker. The device essentially uses electrical impulses to maintain a regular heartbeat. Boykin himself died of a heart failure in Chicago in 1982.[2]
Otis Boykin - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

8. Sylvester James Gates, Jr. (born December 15, 1950), known as S. James Gates, Jr, or Jim Gates, is an American theoretical physicist, known for work on supersymmetry, supergravity, and superstring theory. He is currently the Professor of Physics at the University of Maryland, College Park, a University of Maryland Regents Professor and serves on President Barack Obama's Council of Advisors on Science and Technology.[2] Sylvester James Gates - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

9. Frederick McKinley Jones (May 17, 1893 – February 21, 1961) was an African American inventor, entrepreneur, winner of the National Medal of Technology, and inductee of the National Inventors Hall of Fame.[1] His innovations in refrigeration brought great improvement to the long-haul transportation of perishable goods.[2] Frederick McKinley Jones - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

10. Lloyd A. Quarterman (May 31, 1918 – August 1982) was an African American chemist working mainly with fluorine. During the Second World War he worked on the Manhattan Project.[1] Lloyd Quarterman - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Become another!

:neutral:
:redface:
:D
:lol:
:lmao:
:rofl:

ahem, sorry

As I have said 1000 times - it isn't the skin, it isn't the brain - there is no genetic reason for blacks to do any less better than whites.
It is the culture.
In every study done where they looked at the success/failure rate of blacks and whites - when you place them in equal demographics - they fare precisely the same. There is no superior or inferior race.
There is however, a superior and inferior culture.

I don't believe Obama and Holder deserve to be looked up to as they promote hate. These people judge whites in the same way as the KKK judges blacks.

11. James J. Andrews (March 18, 1930 – July 28, 1998) was an American mathematician, a professor of mathematics at Florida State University who specialized in knot theory, topology, and group theory.[1]

Andrews is known with Morton L. Curtis for the Andrews–Curtis conjecture concerning Nielsen transformations of balanced group presentations.[1] Andrews and Curtis formulated the conjecture in a 1965 paper;[6] it remains open.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/James_J._Andrews_(mathematician)

12. Patricia Era Bath (born November 4, 1942, Harlem, New York) is an American ophthalmologist, inventor and academic. Bath is the first African American woman doctor to receive a patent for a medical purpose. Her Laserphaco Probe is used to treat cataracts. The holder of four patents, she is also the founder of the American Institute for the Prevention of Blindness in Washington D.C. Patricia Bath - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

13. George Washington Carver (by January 1864[1][3] – January 5, 1943), was an American scientist, botanist, educator, and inventor. The exact day and year of his birth are unknown; he is believed to have been born into slavery in Missouri in January 1864.[1]

He was recognized for his many achievements and talents. In 1941, Time magazine dubbed Carver a "Black Leonardo".[5]
George Washington Carver - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

14. Mark E. Dean (born March 2, 1957) is an American inventor and a computer engineer. He was part of the team that developed the ISA bus, and he led a design team for making a one-gigahertz computer processor chip.[1] Dean has also helped in the early development of the computer keyboard. He holds three of IBM's original nine PC patents.[2] In August 2011, writing in his blog, Dean stated that he now uses a tablet computer instead of a PC http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mark_Dean_(computer_scientist)

15. Gerald Anderson "Jerry" Lawson (December 1, 1940 – April 9, 2011)[1][2] was an American electronic engineer known for his work in designing the Fairchild Channel F video game console.[3] During development of the Channel F in the early-mid 1970s, Lawson was Chief Hardware Engineer[4] and director of engineering and marketing for Fairchild Semiconductor's video game division.[5] He also founded and ran Videosoft, a video game development company which made software for the Atari 2600 in the early 1980s, as the 2600 had displaced the Channel F as the top system in the market.[3] http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jerry_Lawson_(engineer)

Last edited:

First they have to open a history book.

That's pretty much how people learn something. They must seek out knowledge, not wait for knowledge to seek them. In this day and age of the internet learning history is as simple as tweeting, face-booking, texting or emailing etc.... But I guess that would be asking too much from them.

Yeah because that's what EVERYONE does these days right? Most people research something that has peaked their interest from something else. These people are not in any history books. And any teacher will tell you that wikipedia is not a credible source.
That being said, one doesn't need to do all that to learn about white people do they?

I'd argue that everyone has access to same information that you and I have. These people are not in in history books? Hmm someone read about them and it is history, so I'd say there is history books that these people are definitely in.

And other blacks who've risen to the highest levels of society who don't lean left are routinely called all sorts of non-brotherly names, characterizations, etc. by other blacks.

There are whites who've risen to the highest levels of society who don't lean right and are routinely called all sorts of non-brotherly names, characterizations, etc. by other whites..................

You make a solid point BBC. These are the people that should be the roll models but we as a society(including most black children) have accepted "ghetto" culture that advances violence and illogic.

It's funny to hear the same people who cry about Black History month (where many of those people that you posted are covered by the way) now think that those people should be role models and 'shame' "the Blacks" because they allegedly don't know that.

I remember myself and others posting similar things to what you posted in this forum or another forum, only to have it tried to be smacked down by white conservatives.

As I have said 1000 times - it isn't the skin, it isn't the brain - there is no genetic reason for blacks to do any less better than whites.
It is the culture.
In every study done where they looked at the success/failure rate of blacks and whites - when you place them in equal demographics - they fare precisely the same. There is no superior or inferior race.

What "culture" are you referring to? The "culture" that produced greats like Duke Ellington, Langston Hughes, W.E.B. DuBoise, Clarence Thomas, Sowell, Thurgood Marshall, Ben Carson, Cory Booker, Eric Holder, J.C. Watts, Msgr. John Sanders, Miles Davis, Tony Brown, Berry Gordy, Russell Simmons, John H. Johnson, etc. ?

Last edited:
The list of renowned Blacks cannot be complete without Thomas Sowell:

“Sowell was born in North Carolina, but grew up in Harlem, New York. He dropped out of high school, and served in the United States Marine Corps during the Korean War. He received a bachelor's degree from Harvard University in 1958 and a master's degree from Columbia University in 1959. In 1968, he earned his Doctorate in Economics from the University of Chicago.

“Sowell has served on the faculties of several universities, including Cornell University and University of California, Los Angeles, and worked for think tanks such as the Urban Institute. Since 1980 he has worked at the Hoover Institution at Stanford University. He is the author of more than 30 books. A National Humanities Medal winner, he advocates laissez-faire economics and writes from a conservative and libertarian perspective.”

Thomas Sowell - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

It is the culture.

What "culture" are you referring to? The "culture" that produced greats like Duke Ellington, Langston Hughes, W.E.B. DuBoise, Clarence Thomas, Sowell, Thurgood Marshall, Ben Carson, Cory Booker, Eric Holder, J.C. Watts, Msgr. John Sanders, Miles Davis, Tony Brown, Berry Gordy, Russell Simmons, John H. Johnson, etc. ?

There's a difference between civilized culture and ghetto culture. I think you know what I am talking about.

It is the culture.

There's a difference between civilized culture and ghetto culture. I think you know what I am talking about.

Well, "Ghetto culture" is not solely "Black culture", there is MUCH more to the so-called "Black culture" than the so-called "Ghetto culture". The "Black culture" that I grew up with and was exposed to was definitely not "ghetto culture". Did I like "rap" or "hip hop" as a kid, hell yeah, but i was also exposed many other musical styles that transcended many different cultural lines.

Well, at least we can use this thread for when one of those douchebags ask "What did blacks event?"

Why would anyone ask that?

We all know they at least helped invent community organizing, stealing elections, race-baiting, and shaking down businesses.

None of those things were "invented" by Black people.

16. Philip Emeagwali (born in 1954) is a Nigerian-born engineer and computer scientist/geologist who was one of two winners of the 1989 Gordon Bell Prize, a prize from the IEEE, for his use of a Connection Machine supercomputer to help analyze petroleum fields. Philip Emeagwali - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

17. Alexander Obiefoka Enukora Animalu, PhD is Professor Emeritus of Physics at University of Nigeria, Nsukka. The only African scientist to be nominated three times for the Nobel Prize in Physics for his discovery of a generalization of superconductivity called “Animalu’s Isosuperconductivity” (which requires a new mathematics of the Isotopic type), and a pioneer of solar energy in Nigeria, is a physicist of international repute, member of the highest advisory body on Science and Technology to the Nigerian government, Honorary Presidential Advisory Council on Science and Technology (2001–2003) and former Director National Mathematical Centre, Abuja.
Alexander Animalu - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

18. Akinwande Oluwole "Wole" Șoyinka (surname pronounced "Shoyinka") (born 13 July 1934) is a Nigerian writer, notable especially as a playwright and poet; he was awarded the 1986 Nobel Prize in Literature, the first person in Africa and the diaspora to be so honoured. Wole Soyinka - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

19. Philippe downing In 1891, anyone interested in mailing a letter would have to make the long trip to the post office. Philip Downing designed a metal box with four legs which he patented on October 27, 1891. He called his device a street letter box and it is the predecessor of today's mailbox. One year earlier, Downing patented an electrical switch for railroads which allowed railroad workers to supply or shut off power to trains at appropriate times. Based on this design, innovators would later create electrical switches such as light switches used in the home. Philip Downing - Black Inventor Online Museum

20. Joseph Dickinson was born in Canada in 1955 and moved to Michigan in 1870. He learned about various types of organs while working for the Clough and Warren Organ Company in Detroit in 1872. One of the organs he designed was awarded a prize at the Centennial Exposition in Philadelphia, Pennsylvania in 1876 and Dickinson was quickly hired to build organs for major customers, including the Royal Family of Portugal. http://www.blackinventor.com/pages/joseph-dickinson.html

Blacks stop killing each other and blaming people. You can do far better. ;)

Last edited:
Mathew, shootspeeders, and Lonestar Logic should look up to Thomas Jefferson, Adam Smith, and Lincoln - you know, that whole man was created equal thing.

There are some black people that racist posters on this form should emulate as well like MLK Jr., Jefferson Douglas, just to name a couple.

Jefferson was a slave owner at the time, do you think he meant them when he said we were all created equal? And what about women?

The fact is when he wrote that he really meant that "all free, property-owning males are created equal".

Equality is hard to define because its meaning keeps changing. Jefferson's restrictive definition, that "people are of equal moral worth, and as such deserve equal treatment under the law", made distinctions for free men vs. slaves, men vs. women, property owners vs. debtors, etc....

So then the Declaration of Independence got that part wrong? Not all men were created equal?

Forum List

Back