Rating the second Republican Debate

rightwinger

Award Winning USMB Paid Messageboard Poster
Aug 4, 2009
Trump: Still Class Clown/Playground Bully. Starts out telling Rand Paul he is funny looking. What is with those faces he makes while others are talking? Weak on the issues but still the 800 lb Gorilla in the room. B

Jeb Bush: Seemed intimidated standing next to Trump. Trump did everything to him but put him in a headlock and give him a noogie. Looked like a fool trying to get Trump to apologize to his wife. D

Carly Fiorina: Rising star. The only one on stage who seemed to have a set of balls. Humiliated Trump head to head. Eloquent and forceful. A

Ben Carson: Meek. Rambling speaker who doesn't demonstrate he has a strong grasp of the issues. But he does seem to be level headed. B-

Marco Rubio: Well prepared and eloquent in his responses. Adds a personal touch to his responses. Avoids mudslinging and stays on topic A-

John Kasich: Mature force on the stage. Well thought out responses and stayed on topic. B+

Scott Walker: Meek, rambling responses that had little to do with the question. No real direction and does nothing to stand out. D+

Chris Christie: The new Rudy Giuliani and face of 9-11. Forceful, humorous at times. Trying to break out from the pack. Lectured CNN about getting too focused on mudslinging. B

Ted Cruz: Kind of creepy and unlikeable. Constant fear mongering and gloom and doom C-

Rand Paul: You are not your daddy. Did well at times on foreign policy but got into yet another pissing contest withTrump. Mostly ignored in the debate. C-

Huckabee: Motivational speaker. We are all great in our own way. Can't we all be friends. No concept of the Constitutional role of the courts. Doesn't seem to be runing for President C-

Trump: Still Class Clown/Playground Bully. Starts out telling Rand Paul he is funny looking. What is with those faces he makes while others are talking? Weak on the issues but still the 800 lb Gorilla in the room. B

Jeb Bush: Seemed intimidated standing next to Trump. Trump did everything to him but put him in a headlock and give him a noogie. Looked like a fool trying to get Trump to apologize to his wife. D

Carly Fiorina: Rising star. The only one on stage who seemed to have a set of balls. Humiliated Trump head to head. Eloquent and forceful. A

Ben Carson: Meek. Rambling speaker who doesn't demonstrate he has a strong grasp of the issues. But he does seem to be level headed. B-

Marco Rubio: Well prepared and eloquent in his responses. Adds a personal touch to his responses. Avoids mudslinging and stays on topic A-

John Kasich: Mature force on the stage. Well thought out responses and stayed on topic. B+

Scott Walker: Meek, rambling responses that had little to do with the question. No real direction and does nothing to stand out. D+

Chris Christie: The new Rudy Giuliani and face of 9-11. Forceful, humorous at times. Trying to break out from the pack. Lectured CNN about getting too focused on mudslinging. B

Ted Cruz: Kind of creepy and unlikeable. Constant fear mongering and gloom and doom C-

Rand Paul: You are not your daddy. Did well at times on foreign policy but got into yet another pissing contest withTrump. Mostly ignored in the debate. C-

Huckabee: Motivational speaker. We are all great in our own way. Can't we all be friends. No concept of the Constitutional role of the courts. Doesn't seem to be runing for President C-

I can't believe I'm saying this....
I agree and I would change just this

Huckabee get's a D

At some point they need to weed out

Paul
Huckabee
Cruz
And all from the earlier debate.

Huckabee get's a D

Paul
Huckabee
Cruz

I align with Cruz but don't think I would want him to be the face of America. His speech delivery is very weak and borderline condescending. He would be a good wing man perhaps... Or Rubio. BTW, I thought Rubio trying to be funny (brought water, Cali in drought) at the expense of Californians was ill advised. Went over like a lead balloon

-Geaux

Huckabee get's a D

Paul
Huckabee
Cruz

Agree

Republicans need to cut the bullshit and get down to a reasonable number of candidates. At least Rick Perry had the grace to get out and not clog up the works. Everyone at the kids table needs to drop out.

Huckabee is not a candidate. Paul is not his daddy and all the followers of Ron Paul are backing Trump.

I would give Walker and Cruz another six weeks to get their act together

By the time the Primaries start in early 2016, Republicans need to be down to six serious candidates. Otherwise they will repeat 2012

Huckabee get's a D

Paul
Huckabee
Cruz

I align with Cruz but don't think I would want him to be the face of America. His speech delivery is very weak and borderline condescending. He would be a good wing man perhaps... Or Rubio. BTW, I thought Rubio trying to be funny (brought water, Cali in drought) at the expense of Californians was ill advised. Went over like a lead balloon

-Geaux

He brought the water to make fun of his earlier "drinking" problem

rubio1.gif

I seriously tried to listen to Ben Carson
Sounds like a college professor who has been rambling for an hour and you just turn him off. Not a dynamic speaker. Dull and monotonous

Note to all Republicans from last night....Lighten up
Show some personality, show some humor

You guys keep invoking Reagan but Reagan knew how to make light of a situation and had charm and wit

I am warming up to Florina. A very strong speaker and articulate

-Geaux

Did you hear her talking about the military? $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$. I wasn't aware our budget was balanced and our debt has disappeared.

Sounds like a college professor who has been rambling for an hour and you just turn him off. Not a dynamic speaker. Dull and monotonous

You guys keep invoking Reagan but Reagan knew how to make light of a situation and had charm and wit

I like what he says though. What he would have done in Afghanistan was probably the standout comment of the night for me.

Many on the stage seem ready to start wars and give tax breaks like bush did. Not good.

I like what he says though. What he would have done in Afghanistan was probably the standout comment of the night for me.

Many on the stage seem ready to start wars and give tax breaks like bush did. Not good.

Ben puts me to sleep

-Geaux

-Geaux

Did you hear her talking about the military? $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$. I wasn't aware our budget was balanced and our debt has disappeared.

We need to make cuts elsewhere then apply to the military. I assume that's what she meant

-Geaux

Well that will never get us balanced. We already spend more than the next ten countries combined.

-Geaux

We need to make cuts elsewhere then apply to the military. I assume that's what she meant

-Geaux

Well that will never get us balanced. We already spend more than the next ten countries combined.

We need to spend more. How much has the military budget been reduced under Obama? And more is needed?

-Geaux

Ben puts me to sleep

-Geaux

He's probably too smart for you to understand. J/k

-Geaux

-Geaux

We need to spend more. How much has the military budget been reduced under Obama? And more is needed?

-Geaux

We are not at all in jeopardy of being attacked. We will collapse economically long before militarily.

The overall foreign policy supported by most of the Republicans was kind of scary.

Very little diplomacy or building alliances. Big stick all the way

-Geaux

-Geaux

-Geaux

We are not at all in jeopardy of being attacked. We will collapse economically long before militarily.

Interesting. Good response

-Geaux

The overall foreign policy supported by most of the Republicans was kind of scary.

How many alliances have been destroyed the last 6 years or so?

-Geaux

How many alliances have been destroyed the last 6 years or so?

-Geaux

Ummm...none

We have a stronger relationship with our allies than we did with Bush and his "Coalition of the Willing"

hilarious denial!!!! LMAO!!
SERIOUSLY what is it with left-wingers and their idiotic allergy to the truth? to reality?

the coalitions of both Bush Presidents were bigger and stronger than anything this idiot in the White House now can muster

Forum List

Back