Rassmussen Poll: Majority Say Illegals Should Be Deported

Interesting on a couple of fronts.

ONLY 52% of Americans believe that our immigration laws should be taken seriously, and

It's news that SO MANY of us feel this way.

Fucking bizarre, if you ask me.

"Which comes closest to your view about illegal immigrants who are living in the U.S.? They should be allowed to stay in the U.S. and eventually apply for citizenship. They should be allowed to stay in the U.S. legally, but not be allowed to apply for citizenship. OR, They should be required to leave the U.S."

Stay, apply for citizenship 51%
Stay, not apply for citizenship 15%
Be required to leave 29%
Unsure/No answer 4%

Immigration

I was doing cardio at the gym this morning, and one of the networks had a story on a guatamalan who'd been deported from here 3 times, and from Mexico at least that many times.

Short of shooting them at the border (which would be illegal to say nothing of the morality) I think we need a different boat.

however, while I realize that once they set feet on US soil, they have legal rights attach which mean it costs somewhere in excess of FIVE THOUSAND DOLLARS to deport a person, but when they are still on an airplane that has landed here, they are separated physically from US soil, so I'd really appreciate it if team Holder would gas up the plane and send it back.

Last edited:
I just saw a poll where 58% of those polled disapprove of Obamas handling of the mess and 33% approve.

I'm not much for polls so I take it with a grain of salt.

I was doing cardio at the gym this morning, and one of the networks had a story on a guatamalan who'd been deported from here 3 times, and from Mexico at least that many times.

Short of shooting them at the border (which would be illegal to say nothing of the morality) I think we need a different boat.

Granted.

So which kind of boat do you advocate?

Beefing up border security?
Creating a pathway to citizenship?
pouring aid into the countries they are leaving from to make it more attractive to these people?

I agree that what we are doing isn't really working.

I have MY ideas about how I'd like to see us approach the problem, but I respect your opinions and I'd like to hear yours.

Can not deport them (as according o this administration), they are all some sort of huge human trafficking ring.

We are being bamboozled....

this distortion of the law and the subsequent influx of illegals was all planned out by Obama and company....:mad:

Can not deport them (as according o this administration), they are all some sort of huge human trafficking ring.

this distortion of the law and the subsequent influx of illegals was all planned out by Obama and company....:mad:

I might tend to agree with you if this problem had just emerged in the Obama administration. I don't think this administration has been effective in dealing with the issue - but neither have any previous administrations of any party.

So what do you advocate to fix this problem?

I might tend to agree with you if this problem had just emerged in the Obama administration. I don't think this administration has been effective in dealing with the issue - but neither have any previous administrations of any party.

Well considering the law in question was passed and signed in Dec of 2008, it is pretty much all Obama.

Before that any president with an (R) next to their name was blasted by the far left and their minions like the ACLU.

Goes to show who the real problem is on this issue.

Well considering the law in question was passed and signed in Dec of 2008, it is pretty much all Obama.

Before that any president with an (R) next to their name was blasted by the far left and their minions like the ACLU.

Well considering Obama was inaugurated on January 20, 2009 - I'd have to conclude that you don't know what you are talking about.

Obama wasn't President in Dec. of 2008.

Yes and Obama IS president now. The crisis is happening now. They are using the 2008 law as an excuse on why they can not deport.

So yes it is all pretty much Obama!

Yes and Obama IS president now. The crisis is happening now. They are using the 2008 law as an excuse on why they can not deport.

Why is it only a crisis now?

Dude - you need to do just the basic amount of research and then come back.

You made a mistake - just admit it. You get a lot more respect that way. Trying to bullshit your way out of it with crap like this is a HUGE drain on respect.

Forum List

Back