Rangers Shutout Les Habs!

This series should be 2-2!

"The referees in the Stanley Cup Finals may have taken the Stanley Cup right out of the hands of the New York Rangers. The officiating has been inconsistent during the entire Stanley Cup playoffs. The third Los Angeles Kings goals scored when Dwight King fell into Henrik Lundqvist. Not allowing him to move or react to the shot may have cost the New York Rangers the series. Only five times in forty-eight Stanley Cup series has a team won the cup after trailing two games to none in the first two games. The call for goaltender interference at 7:07 of the second period on Benoit Pouliot was made while the puck was nowhere near the crease. Yet a player on the Los Angeles Kings was able to impede our goaltender from reacting to a shot, on a goal scored in a finals game."
PuckCentral.net

Didn't that NY defensive man cover up the puck with his hand in the crease in Game 4? Had the refs called that; it would've been a penalty shot, and the Kings may have tied up the game. You can argue that the refs missed that crease call in Game 2; but the refs will never make all the right calls. Just be glad it's not like the NBA where they cheat as much as the day is long.

No....Stepan did not. It is not a penalty to push the puck to/under the goalie.

It was egregious as they did call it on Pouliot earlier!

But....two pucks that refused to go in and stopped at the goal line????
That's gotta be magic.

"I am going out on a limb here and will state right now the New York Rangers will win game 5 of the Stanley Cup Final on Friday.

Most of you may disagree with me and although the odds are the Los Angeles Kings will win Friday, I say the momentum gained by the Rangers will carry over to game 5."
PuckCentral.net

Be afraid.....be very afraid!!!!

This series should be 2-2!

"The referees in the Stanley Cup Finals may have taken the Stanley Cup right out of the hands of the New York Rangers. The officiating has been inconsistent during the entire Stanley Cup playoffs. The third Los Angeles Kings goals scored when Dwight King fell into Henrik Lundqvist. Not allowing him to move or react to the shot may have cost the New York Rangers the series. Only five times in forty-eight Stanley Cup series has a team won the cup after trailing two games to none in the first two games. The call for goaltender interference at 7:07 of the second period on Benoit Pouliot was made while the puck was nowhere near the crease. Yet a player on the Los Angeles Kings was able to impede our goaltender from reacting to a shot, on a goal scored in a finals game."
PuckCentral.net

Didn't that NY defensive man cover up the puck with his hand in the crease in Game 4? Had the refs called that; it would've been a penalty shot, and the Kings may have tied up the game. You can argue that the refs missed that crease call in Game 2; but the refs will never make all the right calls. Just be glad it's not like the NBA where they cheat as much as the day is long.

That's gotta be magic.

"I am going out on a limb here and will state right now the New York Rangers will win game 5 of the Stanley Cup Final on Friday.

Most of you may disagree with me and although the odds are the Los Angeles Kings will win Friday, I say the momentum gained by the Rangers will carry over to game 5."
PuckCentral.net

That camera angle didn't prove it; but I think the defensiveman likely got away with covering the puck after moving it. You could certainly see him twisting the wrist and moving the arm in that manner.

And I think the Kings have momentum more now than two games ago. They outplayed the Rangers in both games in NY and they're going home to closeout the championship!

I did see the two pucks go right to the line; but I wasn't complaining. The Kings have had their share of good fortune. They were down 0-3 in the opening round against a San Jose team who until 2012 had always kicked their butts, and they came back! My pins and needles were more in 2012 when the Kings were trying to break the curse. I just tried to enjoy Game 4. It was a good game.

That's gotta be magic.

PuckCentral.net

That camera angle didn't prove it; but I think the defensiveman likely got away with covering the puck after moving it. You could certainly see him twisting the wrist and moving the arm in that manner.

And I think the Kings have momentum more now than two games ago. They outplayed the Rangers in both games in NY and they're going home to closeout the championship!

I did see the two pucks go right to the line; but I wasn't complaining. The Kings have had their share of good fortune. They were down 0-3 in the opening round against a San Jose team who until 2012 had always kicked their butts, and they came back! My pins and needles were more in 2012 when the Kings were trying to break the curse. I just tried to enjoy Game 4. It was a good game.

"I did see the two pucks go right to the line; but I wasn't complaining."

You missed the point.

How often have you seen pucks head for the goal and come to a dead stop just before they cross the goal line?????

Twice!!!!!

That was Lord Stanley stopping them.....

...listen closely and you can hear him muttering "They shall not pass" (French: 'Ils ne passeront pas/On ne passe pas')"

I think it's good for hockey that the Rangers made it back to the cup. It was even better that it was an LA-NY series. And it was pretty good overall that there was Chicago-LA and NY-Montreal in the conference finals. But for me, the championship was Chicago vs. LA. Those were the two best teams this post season. The Kings lucked out to beat them after going down 0-2 in Game 7. Of course, the Kings were lucky in the first place to have won it all after going down 0-3 in their opening series to San Jose.

Alec Martinez - Far from the Kings MVP; but you wouldn't know it from these clips!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ObdZ5Z1d1QY

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C4SVih8Rn5Y

Any chance you guys have the money to take Nash off our hands.....I mean, if you have any dough left after you pay off the refs....

Aren't the Rangers the ones that got the two power plays in the double OT of Game 5?

Did you see the Zuccarello 'trip' on Muzzin...where Muzzin sticks his leg out?

"Rangers forward Mats Zuccarello was tripped. He went to the box for tripping.

Clearly a bad call and the Rangers faithful really didn't like what took place moments later: former Blue Shirt Marian Gaborik scored on the power play that ensued as the Los Angeles Kings evened the game, 2-2, to send Game 5 of the Stanley Cup Final on Friday to overtime.

It was Kings defenseman Jake Muzzin, not Zuccarello, who appeared to do the tripping. Muzzin stuck his right leg out as Zuccarello chased the puck along the boards. The two collided, but it was Zuccarello who was called for the two-minute tripping minor with 7 minutes, 39 seconds left in regulation.

Gaborik scored his playoff-leading 14th goal seconds later."
WATCH: Kings' Gaborik sends game to OT after yet another questionable penalty on Rangers | NJ.com

"Glen Sather, the Rangers’ general manager, seemed irked after Saturday’s game about what he saw as another noncall, this one just 26 seconds before Dustin Brown’s game-ending goal in double overtime. A Kings player cleared the puck into the crowd — an automatic delay-of-game penalty if it went directly out. But the officials ruled that the puck nicked the glass on the way out, so there was no penalty. After the game, Sather was overheard telling Colin Campbell, the league’s director of hockey operations, that the puck had gone out without touching the glass. Campbell asked, “You sure?” Sather replied, “Yep.” Coach Alain Vigneault on Sunday addressed the play, saying, “Right before they scored the winning goal in overtime, a lot of people seem to think we should have been on the power play.”
http://www.nytimes.com/2014/06/09/s...ebate-about-goaltender-interference.html?_r=0

Forum List

Back