Rangers Shutout Les Habs!

You'd better hope that this doesn't come down to a Game 7 in New York. That's business as usual for the Kings! LOL

I had some study to do, so I turned the Kings-Blackhawks game off after two quick goals by Chi....

....hmmmm....

Surprised to learn that Kings won....

OK.....Kings are the fav...

But so were Penguins, and Frenchies.

Ranger blue runs in my veins!!!

I had figured that the Rangers would have home ice advantage; as the Kings had road ice on all three of their series. But funnily enough, they make it to the championship and now have home ice because apparently the Rangers weren't that good in the regular season.

Little known rumor, Rangers bringing up minor league goalie, 'Mr. Zero.'

Only four feet tall....but six feet wide!

I'm calling the Kings in six. They've been here before and they know how to take punches and win.

Grrrrrrrr......

Matthew 8:26

Kickass 4:2

Now you're gonna get it:

"The path
of the righteous man is beset on
all sides by the inequities of the
selfish and the tyranny of evil
men. Blessed is he who, in the
name of charity and good will,
shepherds the weak through the
valley of darkness, for he is truly
his brother's keeper and the finder
of lost children.
And I will strike down upon thee with great vengeance and furious anger those
who attempt to poison and destroy my brothers.
And you will know my name is the Lord when I lay my vengeance upon you."
Ezekiel 25:17.

Go Rangers!

" The Stanley Cup Final features two goaltenders who started for their respective countries in the 2014 Olympic Winter Games: Kings goaltender Jonathan Quick (USA) vs. Rangers goaltender Henrik Lundqvist (SWE). Quick posted a 3-2 record in the tournament with a 2.17 goals-against average and .923 save percentage, while Lundqvist went 5-1 with a 1.50 goals-against average, .943 save percentage and two shutouts to help Sweden capture the silver medal."
PuckCentral.net

I saw a pair of tickets to the Ranger-Kings game, Wednesday, June 11, 2014, for $20,039 each.

The cheapest tickets on the re-sale board are going for $863 each.

I saw a pair of tickets to the Ranger-Kings game, Wednesday, June 11, 2014, for $20,039 each.

The cheapest tickets on the re-sale board are going for $863 each.

What they get listed at is not what they always sell for. It wouldn't surprise me to see some of the very best tickets to hit five figures though.

I'm guessing that Madison Garden tickets are more than Staples Center tickets; but before game time, I could see finding a ticket for $200 or so.

Yea, I've seen that over and over the last few years; the Kings scoring the game winning goal on a turnover in their opponent's zone. The defender should've wrapped that puck around the board. He wasn't even under that much pressure. He had no poise once he fanned on the puck if he hadn't lost it already.

These Kings are damn resilient.

It's unfortunate for Lundquist that the Rangers lost; he played one hell of a game.

But the Kings were lucky to win this one, giving up the first two goals of the game and then making a few sloppy turnovers later; but the Rangers didn't make them pay / Quick saved them. They'll need to play a tighter, more disciplined game to win this series. Their quality was regular season quality tonight.

As a Montrealer, I'm still pissed NY beat us. But they simply were the better team.

How are we supposed to win when we have to battle the Kings and the officials?????

1. "Let’s start with the officiating, since that’s the elephant in the room. I have no idea how Benoit Pouliot can get whistled for goaltender interference, but Dwight King doesn’t on the exact same kind of play. King scored the third goal for the Kings, sparking their comeback. I’m not big on blaming the officiating for wins and losses, but this one was especially bad...that one single play may have cost the Rangers a Stanley Cup."

2. "Then there’s that absurd rule about the puck over the glass. First, I hate the rule, get rid of it. Second, if it’s in the rulebook –which it is– you need to call it. I have no idea what the refs saw, and how they explained that puck hit the glass. It didn’t."
PuckCentral.net

Would have been a Kings penalty....and the winning goal would not have been scored immediately after.

Was constantly toggling between the hockey game and UFC last night. I hate it when they have two major sporting events coinciding on the same night.

How are we supposed to win when we have to battle the Kings and the officials?????

1. "Let’s start with the officiating, since that’s the elephant in the room. I have no idea how Benoit Pouliot can get whistled for goaltender interference, but Dwight King doesn’t on the exact same kind of play. King scored the third goal for the Kings, sparking their comeback. I’m not big on blaming the officiating for wins and losses, but this one was especially bad...that one single play may have cost the Rangers a Stanley Cup."

2. "Then there’s that absurd rule about the puck over the glass. First, I hate the rule, get rid of it. Second, if it’s in the rulebook –which it is– you need to call it. I have no idea what the refs saw, and how they explained that puck hit the glass. It didn’t."
PuckCentral.net

Would have been a Kings penalty....and the winning goal would not have been scored immediately after.
What got me rattled was the unwillingness of the officials to go to the video replay to see if King should have gotten the interference call, and disallowed the goal. I agree that interference on the goalkeeper does not allow for video replay, however, a disputed goal does. Video replay is used all the time for disputed goals, but for some reason not here? This is the Stanley Cup finals, not a prelim game. When unsure on any play, especially if it involves a goal, video replay is a must.

Part of rule 69, "Interference on the Goalkeeper" states that a goalkeeper should have the ability to move freely within his goal crease without being hindered by the actions of an attacking player. If an attacking player enters the goal crease and, by his actions, impairs the goalkeeper’s ability to defend his goal, and a goal is scored, the goal will be disallowed.

Hope the officiating is better in game 3!

Forum List

Back