Rand Paul was against the latest stimulus bill

Which I agree shouldn’t be labeled as stimulus, but rather aid. Now he says he wants to reopen the economy, but yet he offers no specifics on how to do that. He’s a blowhard, dickhead.

you ever considered the problem is you and your wanting others to tell you how to live your life???

No because it has nothing to do with this bill, and I’m just an American citizen with no power over others. Rand Paul is doing what he always does, grandstanding and offering no real solutions.
its not the federal govts job. Aid is unconstitutional. Stimulus is unconstitutional. Its also unconstitutional what the states were and are doing.
Do you understand now?

The constitution shouldn’t be a suicide pact. The choice small businesses in New York and New Jersey have shouldn’t be either stay home and starve or go out and risk your life And the lives of others for your livelihood. People should be pragmatic about certain things.
Statists believe in abuse of power when its suites them. But when they dont? Wwwwaaaaahhhhhhh
Are you denying there’s a dilemma workers and business owners are faced with when the deciding whether or not to return to work in this environment? Maybe you are a COVID denier. Or maybe your answer is fuck them.
Or maybe i just dont believe in govt abusing its power.

So fuck the people that can’t work because of the virus because you don’t believe in government abusing its power, correct?
Hey dimbulb, who closed their work down?
Is there a emote where they smack their own forehead?

So your belief is they should work in spite of them doing so would endanger public health?
Again, I don't believe in the govt abusing its power. That alone should answer any question you might have.
If you care to think about it for a moment.
If you think the govt should have the right to relinquish the bill of rights out fear, then get an amendment passed. Then, they will have that power, and we wouldnt be having this conversation.

So if an amendment was passed granting the government to shutdown businesses and supply relief packages to those that need it in such an occasion as this virus, you’d be in favor of it? Just trying to see where your head is at.
heres your new york solution to caring about peoples lives,,,

He was against the way the bill was passed, not necessarily the content.

Sen. Rand Paul, R-Ky., spoke out in opposition against the $484 billion small business package that was passed in the Senate Tuesday and warned, “no amount of bailout dollars will stimulate an economy that is being strangled by quarantine.”
Is he wrong?

Which I agree shouldn’t be labeled as stimulus, but rather aid. Now he says he wants to reopen the economy, but yet he offers no specifics on how to do that. He’s a blowhard, dickhead.

you ever considered the problem is you and your wanting others to tell you how to live your life???

No because it has nothing to do with this bill, and I’m just an American citizen with no power over others. Rand Paul is doing what he always does, grandstanding and offering no real solutions.
so the problem is you not him,,,

baaa,,,baaa,,

Explain a reasoned argument how I’m the problem. I’ll wait. I’m sure it’s going to be thoughtful, interesting and insightful
because you are wanting other people to tell you how to live your life,,,

So it’s thoughts that are the problem. Interesting. I always figured in this country we are all free to think whatever pleases us. Interesting that you believe in the thought police. Tell me more.
you seem to forget that a plan has already been announced,,,and that elected politicians are our representatives not our mothers,,,

OH and wanting them to tell you what to do is the opposite of thinking for yourself,,,

The plan is to be implemented in phases. Where I live the economy isn’t opening up for a least in the short term, according to the plan, not my opinion. What’s your plan for all of the small businesses being affected? Btw you’re contradicting yourself by relying on plans that were crafted by politicans telling people exactly what to do and how to do it.
"And while neither of the libertarian-leaning senators blocked the bill, both expressed deep concern with approving the deal without a recorded vote — a sign that they might not allow a similar process going forward."

Rand Paul is a physicians. What does he know?

Yeah he’s “board certified”. Google Rand Paul board certification for shits and giggles.
Okay, so obviously you have something personal against Rand Paul.

He was board certified in Ophthalmology (eye surgery?) but practiced other areas of medicine prior to his political career.

Does that make him any less qualified to discuss pathogens, like any other doctor, or are you demanding an opinion from an internist, cytopathology, or a molecular pathologist? State your complain, counselor.

baaa,,,baaa,,

Explain a reasoned argument how I’m the problem. I’ll wait. I’m sure it’s going to be thoughtful, interesting and insightful

So it’s thoughts that are the problem. Interesting. I always figured in this country we are all free to think whatever pleases us. Interesting that you believe in the thought police. Tell me more.
you seem to forget that a plan has already been announced,,,and that elected politicians are our representatives not our mothers,,,

OH and wanting them to tell you what to do is the opposite of thinking for yourself,,,

The plan is to be implemented in phases. Where I live the economy isn’t opening up for a least in the short term, according to the plan, not my opinion. What’s your plan for all of the small businesses being affected? Btw you’re contradicting yourself by relying on plans that were crafted by politicans telling people exactly what to do and how to do it.
"And while neither of the libertarian-leaning senators blocked the bill, both expressed deep concern with approving the deal without a recorded vote — a sign that they might not allow a similar process going forward."
hopefully,,,

“We should not be passing major legislation, especially legislation providing nearly a half-trillion dollars in new spending without Congress actually being in session,” Lee said. “This crisis is too big to leave up to a small handful of people.”

“Even more alarming than the money is the idea that one senator can stand on the floor and pass legislation spending a half a trillion dollars and have no recorded vote and no debate,” added Paul, who said he came back to the chamber “so that history will record that not everyone gave in to the massive debt Congress is creating.”

baaa,,,baaa,,

Just stop. Natural Citizen post

Here's a full transcript of Senator Paul's floor speech. Your link only took a couple of snips from it.

Can't do anything about the all-caps, it's how C-Span does it.

NO AMOUNT OF MONEY, NOT ALL THE MONEY IN CHINA WILL SAVE US FROM OURSELVES. OUR ONLY HOPE OF RESCUING THIS GREAT COUNTRY IS TO REOPEN THE ECONOMY. IF YOU PRINT UP BILLIONS OF DOLLARS AND GIVE IT TO PEOPLE, THEY'RE UNLIKELY TO SPEND IT UNTIL YOU END THE QUARANTINE.

THE GOOD NEWS IS THE SCIENTIFIC COMMUNITY HAS FACTS INSTEAD OF CONJECTURE. THE MODELS THAT USED 3.4% MORTALITY WERE FORTUNATELY VERY WRONG.

RANDOM SAMPLES NOW, THOUSANDS OF PEOPLE HAVE NOW BEEN TESTED FOR ANTIBODIES FOR I AM COMMUNITY TO -- FOR IMMUNITY TO CORONAVIRUS. THE NUMBER OF PEOPLE WHO HAVE ALREADY DEVELOPED ANTIBODIES TO THE CORONAVIRUS IS 25 TO 50 TIMES HIGHER THAN THE NUMBER THAT IS BEING REPORTED AS INFECTED. THIS IS GREAT NEWS. THIS STUDY MEANS THAT THE MORTALITY RATE MAY WELL BE 25 TO 50 TIMES LESS DEADLY THAN PREVIOUSLY THOUGHT. THE VIRUS IS STILL DANGEROUS, AND WE SHOULDN'T IGNORE THE RISKS, BUT WE SHOULD PUT THOSE RISKS IN PERSPECTIVE.THESE RANDOMIZED TESTS INDICATE THAT INSTEAD OF A 3.4% MORTALITY THAT THE RATE COULD BE AS MUCH AS ONLY A TENTH OF A PERCENT OR TWO-TENTHS OF ONE PERCENT.

WE NOW HAVE SCIENTIFIC EVIDENCE FROM RANDOMIZED STUDIES THAT WE CAN CONTINUE THIS DISEASE WITHOUT THE DHAHRAN -- DRANCONIAN LOCKDOWN OF THE COUNTRY.

SO TODAY I RISE IN OPPOSITION TO SPENDING $500 BILLION MORE.

THE VIRUS BAILOUTS HAVE ALREADY COST OVER $2 TRILLION. OUR ANNUAL DEFICIT THIS YEAR WILL APPROACH $4 TRILLION. WE CAN'T CONTINUE ON THIS COURSE. NO AMOUNT OF BAILOUT DOLLARS WILL STIMULATE AN ECONOMY THAT IS BEING STRANGLED BY QUARANTINE.

IT IS NOT A LACK OF MONEY THAT PLAGUES US BUT A LACK OF COMMERCE. THIS ECONOMIC CALAMITY ONLY RESOLVES WHEN WE BEGIN TO OPEN THE ECONOMY.

OPENING THE ECONOMY WILL REQUIRE AMERICANS TO RISE ABOVE PARTISANSHIP, TO UNDERSTAND THAT DEATHS FROM INFECTIOUS DISEASE WILL CONTINUE BUT THAT WE CANNOT INDEFINITELY QUARANTINE. MAKE NO MISTAKE ABOUT IT, THIS HAS BEEN A DIFFICULT MONTH FOR OUR COUNTRY. FOR MANY OF US, WE HAVE NOT SEEN A GREATER CHALLENGE.

I'M ENCOURAGED TO SEE HOW OUR COMMUNITIES HAVE RESPONDED. IN KENTUCKY, WE HAVE SEEN TREMENDOUS COLLABORATION. PEOPLE FROM ALL WALKS OF LIFE HAVE COME TOGETHER TO HELP EACH OTHER. WE HAVE WORKED TO IDENTIFY AND SUPPLY ADDITIONAL PROTECTIVE GEAR, MASKS AND GLOVES TO PROTECT OUR DOCTORS AND NURSES WHO RISK THEIR LIVES ON A DAILY BASIS. UPS HAS SET UP AN AIRLIFT OPERATION OUT OF LOUISVILLE THAT INCLUDES A HEALTH CARE FACILITY FOR FEMA. IT ALLOWS FEMA TO MAKE DELIVERIES FROM ANYWHERE IN THE COUNTRY. OVER THREE MILLION MASKS AND OTHER EQUIPMENT HAVE BEEN SHIPPED TO THE LOUISVILLE AIRPORT BY UPS. WE HAVE WORKED WITH FACILITIES TO PRODUCE HAND SANITIZEER. WE HELPED REPATRIATE AMERICANS TRAPPED OVERSEAS. WE HAVE SEEN COMMUNITIES HAVE BANDED TOGETHER TO SUPPORT NEIGHBORS, BUSINESSES AND THOSE IN NEED. WHEN PROTECTIVE EQUIPMENT WAS IN SHORT SUPPLY WE DISCOVERED A WAY TO USE INDUSTRIAL MASKS AND SUPPORTED LEGISLATION THAT ALLOWED THEM TO BRING 30,000 SOME ODD MASKS INTO THE COMMUNITY. WHEN THE F.D.A. WOULDN'T APPROVE COVID TESTS, WE INTRODUCED LEGISLATION THAT CIRCUMVENTED THE F.D.A. AND RED TAPE TO GET TESTING DONE QUICKER.

OVER THE YEARS, THE U.S. ACCUMULATED MORE THAN $23 TRILLION IN DEBT, THOUGH, SPENDING MONEY THAT WE DO NOT HAVE, BORROWING FROM OUR KIDS AND OUR GRANDKIDS' FUTURE. THE GARGANTUAN FEDERAL BAILOUT THAT JUST PASSED OVER $2 TRILLION BRINGS US CLOSER AND CLOSER TO A POINT OF NO RETURN, A POINT AT WHICH THE WORLD LOSES CONFIDENCE IN THE DOLLAR, A POINT AT WHICH OUR DEBT BECOMES AN EXISTENTIAL THREAT TO OUR SECURITY. THE UNITED STATES WAS ALREADY HAVING TO BORROW SIMPLY TO PAY OUR PROMISES TO SENIOR CITIZENS. THE U.S. IS BORROWING ABOUT $1 TRILLION A YEAR JUST TO PAY FOR EVERYDAY OBLIGATIONS. THIS IS BEFORE THE PANDEMIC BAILOUT. THE U.S. WAS ALREADY BORROWING NEARLY $2 MILLION EVERY MINUTE. WITH THE RECENT $2 TRILLION BAILOUT, WE ARE BORROWING FASTER THAN WE HAVE EVER BORROWED BEFORE.

HAD WE PRACTICED SOUND BUDGETING IN THE PAST, WE WOULD HAVE BEEN BETTER, SIGNIFICANTLY BETTER POSITIONED TO WEATHER THIS STORM. CONGRESS' FAILURES IN THE PAST COUPLED WITH THE PANDEMIC CRISIS COULD SERIOUSLY JEOPARDIZE OUR ECONOMIC FUTURE. IN THIS MOMENT WE NEED TO THINK CAREFULLY ABOUT WHAT WE DO NEXT. TO STOP THE THREAT OF THE VIRUS COMMERCE HAS BEEN DISRUPTED, BUSINESSES HAVE CLOSED AND MILLIONS HAVE LOST THEIR JOBS. RIGHT NOW THAT NUMBER IS OVER 20 MILLION UNEMPLOYED. THE JOB LOSSES WILL CONTINUE

Last edited:

baaa,,,baaa,,

Here's a full transcript of Senator Paul's floor speech. Your link only took a couple of snips from it.

NO AMOUNT OF MONEY, NOT ALL THE MONEY IN CHINA WILL SAVE US FROM OURSELVES. OUR ONLY HOPE OF RESCUING THIS GREAT COUNTRY IS TO REOPEN THE ECONOMY. IF YOU PRINT UP BILLIONS OF DOLLARS AND GIVE IT TO PEOPLE, THEY'RE UNLIKELY TO SPEND IT UNTIL YOU END THE QUARANTINE.

THE GOOD NEWS IS THE SCIENTIFIC COMMUNITY HAS FACTS INSTEAD OF CONJECTURE. THE MODELS THAT USED 3.4% MORTALITY WERE FORTUNATELY VERY WRONG.

RANDOM SAMPLES NOW, THOUSANDS OF PEOPLE HAVE NOW BEEN TESTED FOR ANTIBODIES FOR I AM COMMUNITY TO -- FOR IMMUNITY TO CORONAVIRUS. THE NUMBER OF PEOPLE WHO HAVE ALREADY DEVELOPED ANTIBODIES TO THE CORONAVIRUS IS 25 TO 50 TIMES HIGHER THAN THE NUMBER THAT IS BEING REPORTED AS INFECTED. THIS IS GREAT NEWS. THIS STUDY MEANS THAT THE MORTALITY RATE MAY WELL BE 25 TO 50 TIMES LESS DEADLY THAN PREVIOUSLY THOUGHT. THE VIRUS IS STILL DANGEROUS, AND WE SHOULDN'T IGNORE THE RISKS, BUT WE SHOULD PUT THOSE RISKS IN PERSPECTIVE.THESE RANDOMIZED TESTS INDICATE THAT INSTEAD OF A 3.4% MORTALITY THAT THE RATE COULD BE AS MUCH AS ONLY A TENTH OF A PERCENT OR TWO-TENTHS OF ONE PERCENT.

WE NOW HAVE SCIENTIFIC EVIDENCE FROM RANDOMIZED STUDIES THAT WE CAN CONTINUE THIS DISEASE WITHOUT THE DHAHRAN -- DRANCONIAN LOCKDOWN OF THE COUNTRY.

THE VIRUS BAILOUTS HAVE ALREADY COST OVER $2 TRILLION. OUR ANNUAL DEFICIT THIS YEAR WILL APPROACH $4 TRILLION. WE CAN'T CONTINUE ON THIS COURSE. NO AMOUNT OF BAILOUT DOLLARS WILL STIMULATE AN ECONOMY THAT IS BEING STRANGLED BY QUARANTINE.

IT IS NOT A LACK OF MONEY THAT PLAGUES US BUT A LACK OF COMMERCE. THIS ECONOMIC CALAMITY ONLY RESOLVES WHEN WE BEGIN TO OPEN THE ECONOMY.

OPENING THE ECONOMY WILL REQUIRE AMERICANS TO RISE ABOVE PARTISANSHIP, TO UNDERSTAND THAT DEATHS FROM INFECTIOUS DISEASE WILL CONTINUE BUT THAT WE CANNOT INDEFINITELY QUARANTINE. MAKE NO MISTAKE ABOUT IT, THIS HAS BEEN A DIFFICULT MONTH FOR OUR COUNTRY. FOR MANY OF US, WE HAVE NOT SEEN A GREATER CHALLENGE.

I'M ENCOURAGED TO SEE HOW OUR COMMUNITIES HAVE RESPONDED. IN KENTUCKY, WE HAVE SEEN TREMENDOUS COLLABORATION. PEOPLE FROM ALL WALKS OF LIFE HAVE COME TOGETHER TO HELP EACH OTHER. WE HAVE WORKED TO IDENTIFY AND SUPPLY ADDITIONAL PROTECTIVE GEAR, MASKS AND GLOVES TO PROTECT OUR DOCTORS AND NURSES WHO RISK THEIR LIVES ON A DAILY BASIS. UPS HAS SET UP AN AIRLIFT OPERATION OUT OF LOUISVILLE THAT INCLUDES A HEALTH CARE FACILITY FOR FEMA. IT ALLOWS FEMA TO MAKE DELIVERIES FROM ANYWHERE IN THE COUNTRY. OVER THREE MILLION MASKS AND OTHER EQUIPMENT HAVE BEEN SHIPPED TO THE LOUISVILLE AIRPORT BY UPS. WE HAVE WORKED WITH FACILITIES TO PRODUCE HAND SANITIZEER. WE HELPED REPATRIATE AMERICANS TRAPPED OVERSEAS. WE HAVE SEEN COMMUNITIES HAVE BANDED TOGETHER TO SUPPORT NEIGHBORS, BUSINESSES AND THOSE IN NEED. WHEN PROTECTIVE EQUIPMENT WAS IN SHORT SUPPLY WE DISCOVERED A WAY TO USE INDUSTRIAL MASKS AND SUPPORTED LEGISLATION THAT ALLOWED THEM TO BRING 30,000 SOME ODD MASKS INTO THE COMMUNITY. WHEN THE F.D.A. WOULDN'T APPROVE COVID TESTS, WE INTRODUCED LEGISLATION THAT CIRCUMVENTED THE F.D.A. AND RED TAPE TO GET TESTING DONE QUICKER.

OVER THE YEARS, THE U.S. ACCUMULATED MORE THAN $23 TRILLION IN DEBT, THOUGH, SPENDING MONEY THAT WE DO NOT HAVE, BORROWING FROM OUR KIDS AND OUR GRANDKIDS' FUTURE. THE GARGANTUAN FEDERAL BAILOUT THAT JUST PASSED OVER $2 TRILLION BRINGS US CLOSER AND CLOSER TO A POINT OF NO RETURN, A POINT AT WHICH THE WORLD LOSES CONFIDENCE IN THE DOLLAR, A POINT AT WHICH OUR DEBT BECOMES AN EXISTENTIAL THREAT TO OUR SECURITY. THE UNITED STATES WAS ALREADY HAVING TO BORROW SIMPLY TO PAY OUR PROMISES TO SENIOR CITIZENS. THE U.S. IS BORROWING ABOUT $1 TRILLION A YEAR JUST TO PAY FOR EVERYDAY OBLIGATIONS. THIS IS BEFORE THE PANDEMIC BAILOUT. THE U.S. WAS ALREADY BORROWING NEARLY $2 MILLION EVERY MINUTE. WITH THE RECENT $2 TRILLION BAILOUT, WE ARE BORROWING FASTER THAN WE HAVE EVER BORROWED BEFORE.

HAD WE PRACTICED SOUND BUDGETING IN THE PAST, WE WOULD HAVE BEEN BETTER, SIGNIFICANTLY BETTER POSITIONED TO WEATHER THIS STORM. CONGRESS' FAILURES IN THE PAST COUPLED WITH THE PANDEMIC CRISIS COULD SERIOUSLY JEOPARDIZE OUR ECONOMIC FUTURE. IN THIS MOMENT WE NEED TO THINK CAREFULLY ABOUT WHAT WE DO NEXT. TO STOP THE THREAT OF THE VIRUS COMMERCE HAS BEEN DISRUPTED, BUSINESSES HAVE CLOSED AND MILLIONS HAVE LOST THEIR JOBS. RIGHT NOW THAT NUMBER IS OVER 20 MILLION UNEMPLOYED. THE JOB LOSSES WILL CONTINUE
So, are you a hardcore statist commie, or what?

What's your beef with Rand Paul?

baaa,,,baaa,,

I don’t attach labels to myself, but I lean conservative. my problem with him is he’s an asshole.

baaa,,,baaa,,

I don’t attach labels to myself, but I lean conservative. my problem with him is he’s an asshole.
I'd rather be an asshole than a fucking idiot,,,

I do not know if he is wrong. There was a time we were a little more prudent about spending trillions of dollars maybe that time should return soon.

Forum List

Back