Rand Paul was against the latest stimulus bill

Rocko

Platinum Member
Gold Supporting Member
Aug 30, 2011
NY
Which I agree shouldn’t be labeled as stimulus, but rather aid. Now he says he wants to reopen the economy, but yet he offers no specifics on how to do that. He’s a blowhard, dickhead.

Which I agree shouldn’t be labeled as stimulus, but rather aid. Now he says he wants to reopen the economy, but yet he offers no specifics on how to do that. He’s a blowhard, dickhead.

you ever considered the problem is you and your wanting others to tell you how to live your life???

you ever considered the problem is you and your wanting others to tell you how to live your life???

No because it has nothing to do with this bill, and I’m just an American citizen with no power over others. Rand Paul is doing what he always does, grandstanding and offering no real solutions.

No because it has nothing to do with this bill, and I’m just an American citizen with no power over others. Rand Paul is doing what he always does, grandstanding and offering no real solutions.
so the problem is you not him,,,

baaa,,,baaa,,

Obviously these “stimulus bills” are a hidden tax. Are they a necessary evil? Not quite sure, but I can see the argument. Instead of pretending the bill is the problem, why not offer solutions to the problem the bill is supposed to be the solution to? Rand Paul is just ignoring the problem, offering no specifics.

Last edited:
Relevant reading...

gQLDPIo.jpg

Last edited:

baaa,,,baaa,,

Explain a reasoned argument how I’m the problem. I’ll wait. I’m sure it’s going to be thoughtful, interesting and insightful

baaa,,,baaa,,

Explain a reasoned argument how I’m the problem. I’ll wait. I’m sure it’s going to be thoughtful, interesting and insightful
because you are wanting other people to tell you how to live your life,,,

baaa,,,baaa,,

So it’s thoughts that are the problem. Interesting. I always figured in this country we are all free to think whatever pleases us. Interesting that you believe in the thought police. Tell me more.

He's a douche. Has been his entire political career. But I suppose given who his father is, that was inevitable. Kentucky is a safe red state so he has little to worry about in the way of political blowback. He can be a good little Trump kisser and still grandstand about being a deficit hawk. It's a no lose for him.

baaa,,,baaa,,

So it’s thoughts that are the problem. Interesting. I always figured in this country we are all free to think whatever pleases us. Interesting that you believe in the thought police. Tell me more.
you seem to forget that a plan has already been announced,,,and that elected politicians are our representatives not our mothers,,,

OH and wanting them to tell you what to do is the opposite of thinking for yourself,,,

I am with Rand on this.

We shouldn't put ourselves in debt over this virus slowdown in the economy.

If government stays out the economy it will always do much better in the long run.

Stimulus packages hardly ever work and debt keeps accumulating. We need to restore fiscal responsibility.

It is always wrong to do government transfer payments but if we feel the need to help people affected by the Pandemic then we need to take the money out of other spending, like giving food stamps and medical care to Illegals.

baaa,,,baaa,,

you seem to forget that a plan has already been announced,,,and that elected politicians are our representatives not our mothers,,,

OH and wanting them to tell you what to do is the opposite of thinking for yourself,,,

The plan is to be implemented in phases. Where I live the economy isn’t opening up for a least in the short term, according to the plan, not my opinion. What’s your plan for all of the small businesses being affected? Btw you’re contradicting yourself by relying on plans that were crafted by politicans telling people exactly what to do and how to do it.

He was against the way the bill was passed, not necessarily the content.

Sen. Rand Paul, R-Ky., spoke out in opposition against the $484 billion small business package that was passed in the Senate Tuesday and warned, “no amount of bailout dollars will stimulate an economy that is being strangled by quarantine.”

Bottom line, he is correct that unless these businesses have a market and customers to sell to, no amount of cash will keep their businesses afloat, certainly not long term.

There will eventually be a point where people will start saying, "I'm sorry if some may perish, but we have to be willing to take the risk to get working again". It's inevitable as people want to live and pursue their dreams. If they know there is a 1 in 1000 chance of getting the virus, and less chance of dying, you can bet it's a risk many people are willing to take.

What is happening today around the world is unprecedented and quite frankly, dangerous. Find the vaccine or medical solution. In the meantime, how will capitalism survive unless nations are back to work and functioning again? This is why Trump is smart to open up places where risk is much lower. Let harder hit areas deal with it accordingly, nations have millions of citizens to defend, not just a few.

I always say, "if state, provincial or municipal governments are so concerned about protecting lives, why aren't subways closed?

Some want their cake and eat it too. Destroy the Mom and Pop stores, but not big businesses who need their employees to show up downtown via subway?

baaa,,,baaa,,

The plan is to be implemented in phases. Where I live the economy isn’t opening up for a least in the short term, according to the plan, not my opinion. What’s your plan for all of the small businesses being affected? Btw you’re contradicting yourself by relying on plans that were crafted by politicans telling people exactly what to do and how to do it.
I'm not relying on their plans cause I've never stopped working or going out,,,

Forum List

Back