Rand Paul reminds us how awesomely crazy he is

NYcarbineer

Diamond Member
Mar 10, 2009
Finger Lakes, NY
Yesterday, Rand Paul, Mr. Anti-Drones, came out in favor of using drones to obliterate guys who rob liquor stores:

“Here’s the distinction — I have never argued against any technology being used against having an imminent threat an act of crime going on,” Paul said. “If someone comes out of a liquor store with a weapon and $50 in cash, I don’t care if a Drone kills him or a policeman kills him, but it’s different if they want to come fly over your hot tub, or your yard just because they want to do surveillance on everyone, and they want to watch your activities.”

No, Rand Paul Didn?t Just Switch His Position on Drones | The American Conservative

Welcome to Rand Paul's Police State lololol

actually, he has a point. what difference does it make?

now, if you're going to make the argument that the drone would cause collateral damage, then RP is a nutcase. but that really is not his point. his point is, if a drone can kill the guy, just like a cop can shoot the guy, what difference does it make.

tell me, would it matter if a cop killed the guy with a shotgun or a pistol?

Yesterday, Rand Paul, Mr. Anti-Drones, came out in favor of using drones to obliterate guys who rob liquor stores:

“Here’s the distinction — I have never argued against any technology being used against having an imminent threat an act of crime going on,” Paul said. “If someone comes out of a liquor store with a weapon and $50 in cash, I don’t care if a Drone kills him or a policeman kills him, but it’s different if they want to come fly over your hot tub, or your yard just because they want to do surveillance on everyone, and they want to watch your activities.”

No, Rand Paul Didn?t Just Switch His Position on Drones | The American Conservative

I don't know if you are an idiot or just a hack so desperate to invent division.

But clearly you're just a sheep, unable of free thought.

I don't know if you are an idiot or just a hack so desperate to invent division.

I'm not the one who said it.

I'm pretty sure nothing interesting or criminal is going on in a Rand Paul hot tub.

OK, I will vote for him if he will send those drones first to Caldwell County, NC.

Yeah, what does it matter if a person guns him down or an unmanned robot does it? Paul is right! We should have more drones on the streets being able to gun down petty criminals in the blink of an eye!

There is a difference in using a drone to strike someone that's simply on Obama's hit list that's doing nothing more than driving down the road and using a drone to stop a crime in progress.

I'm not the one who said it.

But you are the one acting like you don't understand.

I'd explain, but it's like someone asking about how being wet feels as they are chin deep and a pool of water.

Yeah, what does it matter if a person guns him down or an unmanned robot does it? Paul is right! We should have more drones on the streets being able to gun down petty criminals in the blink of an eye!

An armed robber is a petty criminal?

Spoken like a true liberal.

There is a difference in using a drone to strike someone that's simply on Obama's hit list that's doing nothing more than driving down the road and using a drone to stop a crime in progress.

There's no difference between putting down a criminal hell bent on killing others and blowing up a terrorist and the 40 innocent bystanders that are near him.

This is what liberals think, I don't understand that thinking, b/c I'm not a sick person.

I'm sure there's nothing significant about the fact that Paul picked the most stereotypical inner city black crime he could think of.

:)

There's no difference between putting down a criminal hell bent on killing others and blowing up a terrorist and the 40 innocent bystanders that are near him.

This is what liberals think, I don't understand that thinking, b/c I'm not a sick person.

The U.S. does it's best to limit the number of civilian casualties. But sometimes it can't be avoided.

I take it you're outraged about what Truman did to Hiroshima and Nagasaki.

Before too many of you Randbot types step in it trying to defend him,

the Senator has already denounced his own statement with a reverse flip flop.

"My comments last night left the mistaken impression that my position on drones had changed.

"Let me be clear: It has not. Armed drones should not be used in normal crime situations."

So all of you who were defending the flip can now pivot and defend the flop.

lol

Rand Paul Elaborates: Armed Drones Not OK For 'Normal Crime' : It's All Politics : NPR

I'm sure there's nothing significant about the fact that Paul picked the most stereotypical inner city black crime he could think of.

:)

Leave it to a liberal to make a racial connection where none existed.

More proof that liberals see everything in black and white.

actually, he has a point. what difference does it make?

now, if you're going to make the argument that the drone would cause collateral damage, then RP is a nutcase. but that really is not his point. his point is, if a drone can kill the guy, just like a cop can shoot the guy, what difference does it make.

tell me, would it matter if a cop killed the guy with a shotgun or a pistol?

too much for you to handle NY?

Before too many of you Randbot types step in it trying to defend him,

the Senator has already denounced his own statement with a reverse flip flop.

"My comments last night left the mistaken impression that my position on drones had changed.

"Let me be clear: It has not. Armed drones should not be used in normal crime situations."

So all of you who were defending the flip can now pivot and defend the flop.

lol

Rand Paul Elaborates: Armed Drones Not OK For 'Normal Crime' : It's All Politics : NPR

In other words his analogy didn't accurately explain his position. He still believes drones should be used "in extraordinary, lethal situations where there is an ongoing, imminent threat".

Forum List

Back