Rand Paul reminds us how awesomely crazy he is

I'm sure there's nothing significant about the fact that Paul picked the most stereotypical inner city black crime he could think of.

:)

Leave it to a liberal to make a racial connection where none existed.

More proof that liberals see everything in black and white.

Given that Rand Paul believes that businesses should be able to refuse service to people of color, I think that bridge has already been crossed whenever the name Rand Paul comes up.

oh boy, stop with your bs

actually, he has a point. what difference does it make?

The difference between this nation having drones constantly patrolling the skies or not.

Or do you imagine that they'll only put them in air when they have a specific target during the commission of a crime?

Seriously, man, think it through.

The difference between this nation having drones constantly patrolling the skies or not.

Or do you imagine that they'll only put them in air when they have a specific target during the commission of a crime?

Seriously, man, think it through.

It's technology, no different that cctv or the highway patrol on duty.

The simple fact is that Rand is wrong. There's a huge difference between using a drone, which essentially terrifies a population, destroys property, and kills innocent civilians, and possibly having to use lethal force in the form of a police handgun or something equivalent.

To pretend they are the same is to ignore reality...but that's what the right does.

If Obama woulda said this they would understand there is a difference. They don't process ideas they only process who the ideas come from to determine how they feel about it

I'm sure there's nothing significant about the fact that Paul picked the most stereotypical inner city black crime he could think of.

:)

Given that Rand Paul believes that businesses should be able to refuse service to people of color, I think that bridge has already been crossed whenever the name Rand Paul comes up.

Nice spin, but bullshit.

He believes business owners should have to right to serve whomever they want without government interference.

Yesterday, Rand Paul, Mr. Anti-Drones, came out in favor of using drones to obliterate guys who rob liquor stores:

“Here’s the distinction — I have never argued against any technology being used against having an imminent threat an act of crime going on,” Paul said. “If someone comes out of a liquor store with a weapon and $50 in cash, I don’t care if a Drone kills him or a policeman kills him, but it’s different if they want to come fly over your hot tub, or your yard just because they want to do surveillance on everyone, and they want to watch your activities.”

No, Rand Paul Didn?t Just Switch His Position on Drones | The American Conservative

Welcome to Rand Paul's Police State lololol

:lol:

Well that explains that.

Mr. Paul wants his hooch well protected.

:cool:

Nice spin, but bullshit.

He believes business owners should have to right to serve whomever they want without government interference.

Bullshit. Business rights should not exceed public rights: you serve anybody except those who pose a danger.

Nice spin, but bullshit.

And?

How does that differ with what the point the poster made?

The lynch pin of the civil right's movement was that private businesses were refusing to serve people they didn't like.

And in a society where the distribution of goods and services comes from private sources, funded, in part, by public taxes - that was entirely unacceptable.

Rand Paul re-fighting a settled fight puts on display how seriously out of touch he is..

now, if you're going to make the argument that the drone would cause collateral damage, then RP is a nutcase. but that really is not his point. his point is, if a drone can kill the guy, just like a cop can shoot the guy, what difference does it make.

tell me, would it matter if a cop killed the guy with a shotgun or a pistol?

Why would a cop kill someone coming out of a liquor store with cash and a gun - both are perfectly legal to possess. Oh wait. I get it. You and Rand are suggesting we eliminate due process and just go ahead and kill people suspected of crimes. You crazy libertarians. ;)

Nice spin, but bullshit.

Bullshit. Business rights should not exceed public rights: you serve anybody except those who pose a danger.

I have a sign in my place of business that read "We reserve the right to refuse service to anyone for any reason" and most businesses in Texas display similar signs.

Businesses are private that cater to the public. But being a private business we can serve whomever we want and refuse to serve whomever we want. Don't like it? Do business elsewhere.

Nice spin, but bullshit.

And?

The lynch pin of the civil right's movement was that private businesses were refusing to serve people they didn't like.

And in a society where the distribution of goods and services comes from private sources, funded, in part, by public taxes - that was entirely unacceptable.

Rand Paul re-fighting a settled fight puts on display how seriously out of touch he is..

He made it about race when it's about rights.

Nice spin, but bullshit.

I have a sign in my place of business that read "We reserve the right to refuse service to anyone for any reason" and most businesses in Texas display similar signs.

Businesses are private that cater to the public. But being a private business we can serve whomever we want and refuse to serve whomever we want. Don't like it? Do business elsewhere.

Well no. It doesn't work that way.

Nice spin, but bullshit.

And?

He made it about race when it's about rights.

It's about both.

Anyone of any race, religion, ethnicity..has the right to walk into any private business and purchase goods and services without being refused because of their race/religion/ethnicity.

That's the law.

Nice spin, but bullshit.

A right they do not have.

Forum List

Back