Rand Paul gets standing ovation at UC Berkeley.

Rand Paul gets standing ovation at UC Berkeley.
And understandably so.

Liberals would love nothing more than to have Rand Paul as the GOP presidential nominee, guaranteeing them a democrat in the WH come 2017.

Incorrect. They're scared of cruz and rand even though they put up a good front on the outside. Media has to select the romney and mccain types.

in 2012 Romney won 82% of the conservative vote.
He got only 41% of the moderate vote.

So you're idea is that to win the GOP should chase the 18% of conservative voters they didn't get last time by moving more to the right rather than chase some of the 56% of moderates who voted for Obama ????

That defies logic - but if Paul or Cruz gets the GOP nomination, I guess we will find out.

Beware of a Republican who gets standing ovation from a liberal crowd.

You do realize there are conservatives and liberals everywhere, right? Just because Rand Paul was in the Bay Area, doesn't mean he was speaking to a crowd of liberals.

That's correct - but you have to also remember that what he spoke about was his anti-NSA stance.

Had he been speaking about his support for repealing the public accommodation provisions of the Civil Rights Act, I think his reception would have probably been a lot different.

And understandably so.

Liberals would love nothing more than to have Rand Paul as the GOP presidential nominee, guaranteeing them a democrat in the WH come 2017.

Incorrect. They're scared of cruz and rand even though they put up a good front on the outside. Media has to select the romney and mccain types.

So you're idea is that to win the GOP should chase the 18% of conservative voters they didn't get last time by moving more to the right rather than chase some of the 56% of moderates who voted for Obama ????

That defies logic - but if Paul or Cruz gets the GOP nomination, I guess we will find out.

4 million less repubs showed up to vote for romney in 2012. I do know the mccain and romney media type picks always lose.

Rand Paul got standing ovations and kicked butt at CPAC. Now, let's go to the complete opposite side of the political spectrum; Rand Paul went to speak at UC Berkeley and got standing ovations. Oh, and Rand plans to speak before the NAACP. Rand got standing ovations from students at arguably the most leftist area in America, Berkeley. With that in mind, I highly doubt any Democrat can beat Rand Paul if he runs for president. Rand Paul has more to worry about from the Republican Party by being stabbed in the back by the likes of America-hating trash like Karl Rove and his establishment thugs.

http://o.dailycaller.com/all/2014-03-19-rand-paul-gets-standing-ovation-at-berkeley-your-right-to-privacy-is-under-assault#1

Well duh, Paul got the standing O when he said the GOP was bad pizza crust. Does anyone really believe the GOP is going to change? Pft! Does anyone really think Berkley students are going to buy Paul's schick? Pft!
Cons are desperately grasping at straws, when they try to make us believe liberals are getting on the Paul train.
Paul has as much chance of becoming the GOP nominee as I do. And I've got a better chance to become POTUS.

Attachments

• $Picture 106.jpg
    $Picture 106.jpg
    44.1 KB · Views: 86
Rand Paul got standing ovations and kicked butt at CPAC. Now, let's go to the complete opposite side of the political spectrum; Rand Paul went to speak at UC Berkeley and got standing ovations. Oh, and Rand plans to speak before the NAACP. Rand got standing ovations from students at arguably the most leftist area in America, Berkeley. With that in mind, I highly doubt any Democrat can beat Rand Paul if he runs for president. Rand Paul has more to worry about from the Republican Party by being stabbed in the back by the likes of America-hating trash like Karl Rove and his establishment thugs.

http://o.dailycaller.com/all/2014-03-19-rand-paul-gets-standing-ovation-at-berkeley-your-right-to-privacy-is-under-assault#1

Well duh, Paul got the standing O when he said the GOP was bad pizza crust. Does anyone really believe the GOP is going to change? Pft! Does anyone really think Berkley students are going to buy Paul's schick? Pft!
Cons are desperately grasping at straws, when they try to make us believe liberals are getting on the Paul train.
Paul has as much chance of becoming the GOP nominee as I do. And I've got a better chance to become POTUS.

yea you probably could.....you are as phony and as full of shit as a politician is....

4 million less repubs showed up to vote for romney in 2012. I do know the mccain and romney media type picks always lose.

Given the statistics - it appears those lost Republicans were moderate Republicans, so again - how does a tack to the right help?

And Reagan was a media darling - how did that work out for the GOP?

You are entitled to your theories - but the evidence clearly doesn't support your theories.

yea you probably could.....you are as phony and as full of shit as a politician is....

Ah, the standard con motif. eh.

Ah, the standard con motif. eh.

hey pussy why did you run from your Golden Corral thread?....people over there are wondering....just thought i would let you know...

Given the statistics - it appears those lost Republicans were moderate Republicans, so again - how does a tack to the right help?

You are entitled to your theories - but the evidence clearly doesn't support your theories.

Sure it does. The last two elections of repub establishment media picks proves my point.

Sure it does. The last two elections of repub establishment media picks proves my point.

You haven't established that Romney or McCain WERE "media" picks. I recall one journalist producing a pair of flip-flops and setting them on the table when addressing Romey about his position changes. That's your idea of a media pick?

And Palin was a real media-darling huh?

So you really don't have anything to support your opinion - history certainly doesn't.
Logic and statistics don't support it.

But it doesn't matter to me - I don't care whether our next POTUS is Republican or Democrat. In a way, I hope the next GOP candidate is a far-righter. I'd like to have a viable option, but if they nominate a far righter and they get whalloped (as I suspect they would), maybe it would put an end to this "not-far-right-enough" nonsense.

But I imagine some of the far-righters will just invent some other excuses (like they are now).

Did he speak on abortion, the right for a woman to choose and a plan for health care reform? Didn't think so.

He sucked up to Edward Snowden's fans of which he is the left wing darling.

And in 2016 there's millions of women in this country who have more immediate needs than what the CIA and the NSA are up to.

Thanks for amusing me for about 25 seconds.

Did he speak on abortion, the right for a woman to choose and a plan for health care reform? Didn't think so.

He sucked up to Edward Snowden's fans. And in 2016 there's millions of women in this country who have more immediate needs than what the CIA and the NSA are up to.

You were amused, 25 seconds is well beyond your normal attention span. I am curious as to why it confused you that he isn't running as a liberal Democrat, is that really what you were expecting?

Dats what I'm talkin' 'bout!!!!

He sucked up to Edward Snowden's fans. And in 2016 there's millions of women in this country who have more immediate needs than what the CIA and the NSA are up to.

You were amused, 25 seconds is well beyond your normal attention span. I am curious as to why it confused you that he isn't running as a liberal Democrat, is that really what you were expecting?

Nope.

From the article: (Looks like they were quoting my post, doesn't it?):

"""That Paul decided to take his libertarian-leaning message to one of the most liberal campuses in the country is no mistake. He is actively making an effort to appear before crowds that have not been supportive of Republicans to demonstrate his ability to appeal to a broader electorate."""

I suspect Randy will be the GOP candidate, but he really is trying to fix the fuck-up he made with the left when he called Bill Clinton a "predator". Or did you miss that? Such a cheap shot at Hillary Clinton. What a whore this boy is.

Last edited:

Forum List

Back