Rand Paul: fracking is the only proven thing that reduces carbon emissions, and yet all hypocrite Democrats are against it

fracking is a good thing! i agree with the good senator...even though it causes earthquakes

My God he's stupid. Hydrolic fracturing has nothing to do with emissions.

OMG!
You're such a moron.

Why do you think coal consumption has dropped so much in the US?

Fracking has been in common use since the 1950s.. Coal has been dying since 1950.

Fracking has been in common use since the 1950s.

A lot more so in the last 15 years.

So why has coal been dying?

Only in the US because most domestic wells produce less than 50 pbd. Its been in common use overseas since 1950.

Total_Coal_Employment.jpg

What does the chart have to do with your claim?

Show percentage of electricity generated by coal since the 50s.

You post it.. I've shown you the decline in coal mining jobs.

Does he actually think that or does he think you are stupid enough to believe it?

It doesn't? Please explain further.
You see, there's guy named Rand Paul that continually says wacky shit that only a dumb ass would take seriously. I hope that explanation was helpful.

In this case, he's absolutely correct.

Why do you think US CO2 emissions have dropped over the last decade?
Fracking is a drilling and extraction process, it is not an energy source. Not every democrat is against it.

Fracking is a drilling and extraction process, it is not an energy source.

It extracts an energy source.

You still don't think it's an odd comment? Energy policy and politics is far too ambiguous to make blanket partisan statements like that.

Also, coal and fracked "natural" gas are both fossil fuels. Solar power (including wind) has "proven" far superior to either. Better than nukes as well.
Unless you need to rely on it. But solar is a great way to usher in the next glacial cycle. I hope you live up north.

Does he actually think that or does he think you are stupid enough to believe it?

You see, there's guy named Rand Paul that continually says wacky shit that only a dumb ass would take seriously. I hope that explanation was helpful.

Fracking is a drilling and extraction process, it is not an energy source. Not every democrat is against it.
The dumb ones that are calling the shots are against it.

The dumb ones that are calling the shots are against it.
Fracking is a destructive and polluting process that was practically unregulated until shit started happening. Then the industry fought environmental regulation tooth and nail. It does not in itself reduce carbon emissions as OP claims. Most democrats are fine with it as long as they are not wrecking the planet contrary to what OP says.

fracking is a good thing! i agree with the good senator...even though it causes earthquakes

My God he's stupid. Hydrolic fracturing has nothing to do with emissions.

OMG!
You're such a moron.

Why do you think coal consumption has dropped so much in the US?

Fracking has been in common use since the 1950s.. Coal has been dying since 1950.

Fracking has been in common use since the 1950s.

A lot more so in the last 15 years.

So why has coal been dying?

Only in the US because most domestic wells produce less than 50 pbd. Its been in common use overseas since 1950.

Total_Coal_Employment.jpg

What does the chart have to do with your claim?

Show percentage of electricity generated by coal since the 50s.

You post it.. I've shown you the decline in coal mining jobs.

You made the claim.

Coal has been dying since 1950.

1619055033657.png

1619055057776.png

Would you look at that, increased productivity.........DURR

You still don't think it's an odd comment? Energy policy and politics is far too ambiguous to make blanket partisan statements like that.

You still don't think it's an odd comment?

Nope. I think it's an obviously true comment.

Certainly not because of fracking. If Natural gas has contributed to a reduction in CO2 it is only by replacing some coal and oil but it is still nowhere near being CO2 neutral. The right's gung-ho pro fracking stance is a bought and paid for campaign against environmental regulation by an industry that is simply burying it's toxic pollution.

Certainly not because of fracking. If Natural gas has contributed to a reduction in CO2 it is only by replacing some coal and oil but it is still nowhere near being CO2 neutral. The right's gung-ho pro fracking stance is a bought and paid for campaign against environmental regulation by an industry that is simply burying it's toxic pollution.

Certainly not because of fracking.

Fracking made it cheap enough to replace coal.

If Natural gas has contributed to a reduction in CO2 it is only by replacing some coal and oil

Yes, that's exactly what it did. Exactly what Rand Paul claimed.

but it is still nowhere near being CO2 neutral.

What does "CO2 neutral" mean?

If Natural gas has contributed to a reduction in CO2 it is only by replacing some coal and oil

You do not know what carbon neutral means? You should really educate yourself since you have decided to shill for the fossil fuel industry.

You do not know what carbon neutral means? You should really educate yourself since you have decided to shill for the fossil fuel industry.

You do not know what carbon neutral means?

Is it one of those twatty, useless "green" things? Just say so.

You want fossil fuel production that reduces total US CO2 emissions to be carbon neutral?

That would be a huge step backwards

You do not know what carbon neutral means?

Is it one of those twatty, useless "green" things? Just say so.

You want fossil fuel production that reduces total US CO2 emissions to be carbon neutral?

That would be a huge step backwards
There are a complex set of issues surrounding every kind of energy production. You don't know much about them but that does not stop you from having opinions anyway.

There are a complex set of issues surrounding every kind of energy production. You don't know much about them but that does not stop you from having opinions anyway.

The most complex issue is that burning CH4 releases much less CO2 per BTU than burning coal.

The most complex issue is that burning CH4 releases much less CO2 per BTU than burning coal.
Every kind of energy is a shifting quagmire involving cost per kilowatt, environmental impact, dependability, the companies involved, the nations involved, the commodities market, regulation, employment, infrastructure etc.

Every kind of energy is a shifting quagmire involving cost per kilowatt, environmental impact, dependability, the companies involved, the nations involved, the commodities market, regulation, employment, infrastructure etc.

Natural gas is cheaper and cleaner.

Why can't liberals take the win?

Forum List

Back