Rally to Demand Justice for Jan. 6 ‘Political Prisoners’ Planned for US Capitol

The mere fact that it's happened to others in no way excuses it happening to them. Basically, they're being turned into political prisoners. If the government doesn't have anything stronger than trespassing to charge them with, it's way past time to let them go with time served, and recompense those held the longest.
There’s no reason to think anything here is political. Saying their political prisoners is inflammatory and baseless.

The fact that it happened to others and the fact that we were attacked for demanding reforms to prevent this demonstrates the anger on the right is in no small part political.

I'm talking about trespassing. What is the range of punishment for trespassing charges? Any of them carry 6 month plus jail times?
Sounds about right

Depends if trespassing is the most serious charge. I would not expect leniency and they will be made an example of

Are you implying that people have been held in jail for close to half a year for nothing more than trespassing charges?? Can you give any examples of this?
I am not aware of anyone having more than trespassing or assault charges filed against them in conjunction with the events of 1/6. My point is, the government needs to crap or get off the pot.

Sounds about right

Depends if trespassing is the most serious charge. I would not expect leniency and they will be made an example of
And we won't know until they get to trial, something the government is not doing.

There’s no reason to think anything here is political. Saying their political prisoners is inflammatory and baseless.

The fact that it happened to others and the fact that we were attacked for demanding reforms to prevent this demonstrates the anger on the right is in no small part political.
No reason to think it's political? Then why the Orange Man Bad all the time? Of course this is political. It's just something that has become commonplace being used in a political fashion.

Seven months is not that long
The wheels of justice…..
For trespassing charges, those found guilty should be released for time served, those found not guilty should be compensated handsomely for their undue suffering.

For trespassing charges, those found guilty should be released for time served, those found not guilty should be compensated handsomely for their undue suffering.
Doesn’t work like that

However, they WERE Trespassing and most appear to be pleading guilty.

May be why it is taking so long. They are taking time to negotiate plea bargains

No reason to think it's political? Then why the Orange Man Bad all the time? Of course this is political. It's just something that has become commonplace being used in a political fashion.
Huh? What does “orange man bad” have to do with prosecutions from the DoJ?

Huh? What does “orange man bad” have to do with prosecutions from the DoJ?
It has everything to do with the extreme reactions from the usual suspects demanding blood and that anyone who was even at the rally be destroyed. Do you seriously think that a bunch of rioters the democrats support would be held this long without trial?

I am not aware of anyone having more than trespassing or assault charges filed against them in conjunction with the events of 1/6. My point is, the government needs to crap or get off the pot.
I’ll ask again… Can you show any examples of people being held for half a year on trespassing charges?

Nonviolent political prisoners? LoL!! They're being treated like terrorists because these assholes meet every possible definition of the word. They are domestic terrorists.

First amendment rights? Sorry, beating up and injuring over 150 cops, crapping in the hallway, busting out windows with battering rams and bricks are not protected as "free speech".

Epoch Times? Sorry, but I don't read Chinese cult conspiracy theory rags.

• Overall, we rate The Epoch Times Far Right Biased and Questionable based on the publication of pseudoscience and the promotion of propaganda and conspiracy theories, as well as numerous failed fact checks.

It has everything to do with the extreme reactions from the usual suspects demanding blood and that anyone who was even at the rally be destroyed. Do you seriously think that a bunch of rioters the democrats support would be held this long without trial?
Yes, I think they would be held this long without a trial. I think tons of people are held without trials and I also think you don’t really see people whining about leftists who have been arrested for committing acts of violence in riots.

And that’s not even touching upon how uniquely troublesome it was for this riot to take place in the first place in the halls of government as we are certifying an election.

I’ll ask again… Can you show any examples of people being held for half a year on trespassing charges?
I don't have to. I'm not aware of any charges being filed that are more serious than trespassing and assault. Are you? That means that people have been held for these months without trial, some without any charges and some with nothing more than trespassing charges. That is the point.

Crap or get off the pot. Charge these people and hold trials or release them.

I don't have to. I'm not aware of any charges being filed that are more serious than trespassing and assault. Are you? That means that people have been held for these months without trial, some without any charges and some with nothing more than trespassing charges. That is the point.

Many times these things take so long because the Defendants lawyers are busy trying to negotiate the best deal.

If they want to Fast Tract a trial, they could demand it
They are not

Yes, we all have the Constitutional right to a speedy trial, but whether anyone has been talking about bail reform or not is irrelevant. Being held for long periods without trial is just wrong. Naturally, it's prominent in this case because we have such a large group being held for the same thing.

And how exactly is "speedy trial" defined exactly? 5-6 months is the amount of time since most of these buttholes were arrested. Takes time, and they'll try to flip as many as possible. These people are too dangerous to allow back in civilized society pending trial.

They are free to cop a plea. The Q Shamin is released pending sentencing. If they're tired of jail food like he was - they can plead guilty.

Last edited:

I’m not aware of anybody being held for half a year on trespassing charges. Can you show an example or two?

Forum List

Back