Raise Taxes or Cut Waste?

Raising or lowering taxes won't limit government waste, as it is a work culture issue and to do with corporate welfare policy. Cut taxes and you just have a less efficient and more disorganized government. Increase taxes and you incremently increase the waste alongside it.

It is true that the culture in Washington is focused on preventing budget growth from ever slowing, much less actual budget cuts. That's where transparency comes in. Eliminate baseline budgeting and hidden deals.
You would need to allow citizens to decide where their tax dollars go, as politicians aren't going to act. Allow everyone to look at the books, and push the politicians to make cuts to waste and you might get somewhere. But the age old cry of ' national security ' or ' national interest ' will keep them shut, when it comes to intelligence agencies and the military.

Raise Taxes or Cut Waste?

Both, and grow the economy.
Lets "cut" first and then see where we are. Yes, we do need to grow the economy, but providing self-supporting opportunities that cover all education and skill levels will take care of that.
Sure, list your cuts and how much? Start with the DOD, tons of fat in that. Don't start with Welfare since that isn't money.
WASTE: The care and support of illegal immigrants, foreign aid, projects such as the fence along our southern border, senseless deadly costly wars, supplying weapons to drug lords and terrorists, building mosques on foreign soil, subsidies to Brazilian corn crops, no-bid government contracts, excessive military and defense spending, Medicare and Medicaid fraud, subsidies to rich farmers and big oil, exploring the far reaches of the universe, looking for water on the surface of Mars, bribes paid to North Korea and Iran, excessive government travel, lavish White House parties, lavish vacations for the president and his wife, pork spending, ridiculous perks and benefits given to members of Congress, etc. etc. etc. etc. etc.
Do the math, not the ideology.
The math would take a very long time, a lot of research, and would still show untold multi-$Billions in waste. Maybe even $Trillions. Just what we spend on the care and support of illegal immigrants is in the $Billions. It doesn't take an MIT graduate, nor a Philadelphia lawyer to see the enormous astronomical waste.
If you won't do the math then you have no right to bitch.

Sure, list your cuts and how much? Start with the DOD, tons of fat in that. Don't start with Welfare since that isn't money.

Hmmmm...welfare isn't money.....how so?
Do the math this time. You have 4,000 billions to play with. Try and find the real money first.

Give me a list and I'll bring the scissors......
Do that yourself, and then show us the numbers. If you've never read the Federal Budget, now would be a good time. Start with Google: US Federal Budget items...
Everything spent is NOT in the budget. Part of defense spending is always classified and never revealed.
What's black and off the books doesn't matter in this case since you won't do the math in the first place, so don't bitch, you obviously don't care that much.

Legalize hemp products and tax them. Cut wasteful spending on the police to enforce the ban on hemp. Cut wasteful spending on prisons. So the answer is both.

Raising or lowering taxes won't limit government waste, as it is a work culture issue and to do with corporate welfare policy. Cut taxes and you just have a less efficient and more disorganized government. Increase taxes and you incremently increase the waste alongside it.
The government could run and function just fine with less taxes. They could easily fund government with the waste and abuse of tax dollars.
And how will you get that waste down, as more often than not the waste has a way of protecting itself at the expense of the rest of the department, when cuts are made.
We'll never get the waste down as long as voters continue to elect and to re-elect professional politicians to serve in government. Also, without a one term limit on service, corruption will continue to infest every level of government.

Lets "cut" first and then see where we are. Yes, we do need to grow the economy, but providing self-supporting opportunities that cover all education and skill levels will take care of that.
WASTE: The care and support of illegal immigrants, foreign aid, projects such as the fence along our southern border, senseless deadly costly wars, supplying weapons to drug lords and terrorists, building mosques on foreign soil, subsidies to Brazilian corn crops, no-bid government contracts, excessive military and defense spending, Medicare and Medicaid fraud, subsidies to rich farmers and big oil, exploring the far reaches of the universe, looking for water on the surface of Mars, bribes paid to North Korea and Iran, excessive government travel, lavish White House parties, lavish vacations for the president and his wife, pork spending, ridiculous perks and benefits given to members of Congress, etc. etc. etc. etc. etc.
The math would take a very long time, a lot of research, and would still show untold multi-$Billions in waste. Maybe even $Trillions. Just what we spend on the care and support of illegal immigrants is in the $Billions. It doesn't take an MIT graduate, nor a Philadelphia lawyer to see the enormous astronomical waste.
I'm a taxpayer. I have every right in the world to bitch. Doing the math has absolutely nothing to with what's going on. Doing the math doesn't solve one single thing. Whether the math is done or, there's no denying the astronomical waste taking place.

Hmmmm...welfare isn't money.....how so?
Do the math this time. You have 4,000 billions to play with. Try and find the real money first.

Give me a list and I'll bring the scissors......
Do that yourself, and then show us the numbers. If you've never read the Federal Budget, now would be a good time. Start with Google: US Federal Budget items...
Everything spent is NOT in the budget. Part of defense spending is always classified and never revealed.
What's black and off the books doesn't matter in this case since you won't do the math in the first place, so don't bitch, you obviously don't care that much.
The math has absolutely nothing to do with the massive and obvious amounts of waste. Also, I'm a taxpayer, I have every right to bitch about it.

I've heard many times that "cutting waste won't balance the budget."

That's OK - let's START there and see what we're left with.

The bureaucrats are the biggest obstacle. With civil service job protections, they will do whatever they can to thwart any effort to cut waste. THEIR goal is to increase the reach, the influence, and the budget of their department.

If their budget gets cut - they WILL NOT eliminate waste, they will cut back on services in an effort to cause as much pain as possible - they will try to get us to come back to them crawling and begging them to take more of our money.

Raise taxes on the rich, tax college savings, raise gasoline taxes, and cut social programs? Or, cut the enormous waste that we all know should be cut? Or, should we do a combination of both? If your answer is to cut waste, what are the most obvious areas of waste that you would cut? If your answer is to raise taxes, what taxes would you increase? Or, what new taxes would you add? If your answer is to raise taxes, where would you use the new revenue? If your answer is to cut waste, where would you use the savings?
Lower tax on everyone except anyone who agrees with the increase.

We should not be funding wasteful unnecessary wars like that ass wipe Bush got us into ...what a waste of trillions eh conservatives ....way to go ....

Apparently we have to remind you again how many Democrats voted for the Iraq war, eat it.
Less than voted against it. But it was about giving President Bush the decider. If Iraq posed a continuing threat to us, (the worlds remaining superpower), or if they were involved in the 911 attacks. Neither were true.

Raise taxes on the rich, tax college savings, raise gasoline taxes, and cut social programs? Or, cut the enormous waste that we all know should be cut? Or, should we do a combination of both? If your answer is to cut waste, what are the most obvious areas of waste that you would cut? If your answer is to raise taxes, what taxes would you increase? Or, what new taxes would you add? If your answer is to raise taxes, where would you use the new revenue? If your answer is to cut waste, where would you use the savings?
Lower tax on everyone except anyone who agrees with the increase.
Nice idea, but I don't believe that boat will float.

Come to grips with this, we are beyond tax increases fixing the debt crisis we are that deep in the hole.
We should not be funding wasteful unnecessary wars like that ass wipe Bush got us into ...what a waste of trillions eh conservatives ....way to go ....

Apparently we have to remind you again how many Democrats voted for the Iraq war, eat it.
Less than voted against it. But it was about giving President Bush the decider. If Iraq posed a continuing threat to us, (the worlds remaining superpower), or if they were involved in the 911 attacks. Neither were true.

The fact that after voting against the war polling was bad so Democrats demanded a 2nd vote so they could vote for the war? Ouch!

I'm a taxpayer. I have every right in the world to bitch. Doing the math has absolutely nothing to with what's going on. Doing the math doesn't solve one single thing. Whether the math is done or, there's no denying the astronomical waste taking place.
Doing the math means that you Educated and not Ideological. Do the math, it's not that hard. 4,000 billion. Find the savings, in Real Numbers, or shut up because all you are being is a whiny bitch.

Start here: Federal Spending Where Does the Money Go

Doing the math means that you Educated and not Ideological. Do the math, it's not that hard. 4,000 billion. Find the savings, in Real Numbers, or shut up because all you are being is a whiny bitch.

Start here: Federal Spending Where Does the Money Go
Very funny. Your age? Calling me names doesn't do anything to enhance this conversation, nor does it add to your argument. Very childish and uncalled for to call me a whinny bitch. Please try to discuss issues in an adult and civil manner. Thanks.------------ Again, the math has no bearing on whether the things I mentioned are waste or not. In addition, it's obvious that the waste I have mentioned is a very large amount, multi-$Billions at the minimum.

Cut government spending by over 50%:

-- intelligent cutting
-- government is highly inefficient
-- many wasteful programs

who can disagree? Govt is a monopoly without competition so there is no incentive to cut waste. Healthcare would cost 20% of what it does now if it were Republican capitalist, for example. When Clinton ended "welfare as we know it" by making it workfare fully half instantly decided they no longer needed welfare. The list of waste would be endless. Remember the bridge to no where or the lack of competitive bidding in Medicare and in so much govt procurement?

Forum List

Back