$30,000 take home pay or $125,000 take home pay?

Would you rather earn $30,000 with no taxes or $250,000 taxed at 50%? (pick two please)

• $30,000 in income

Votes: 1 16.7%
  • $250,000 in income

Votes: 5 83.3%
  • 0% tax rate

Votes: 3 50.0%
  • 50% tax rate

Votes: 2 33.3%

• Total voters
  • This poll will close: .

presonorek

Gold Member
Jun 7, 2015
Alabama
Would you rather have an income of $30,000.00 taxed at 0.0% of an income of $250,000.00 taxed at 50.0%?

This is an exercise in math not in politic ideology. It does however give us an understanding of how political decisions are made. Leave your answer in the poll.

Personally I think I would prefer the $250,000.00 taxed at 50.0%. My logic is this: If I make $30,000.00 and pay zero dollars in taxes then I will have $30,000.00 to spend in any way I want. If I make $250,000.00 and pay $125,000.00 in taxes then I'd have $125,000.00 to spend in any way I want. This is just a personal decision. Others may choose the other option.

You can select up to two options in the poll.

Would you rather have an income of $30,000.00 taxed at 0.0% of an income of $250,000.00 taxed at 50.0%?

This is an exercise in math not in politic ideology. It does however give us an understanding of how political decisions are made. Leave your answer in the poll.

Personally I think I would prefer the $250,000.00 taxed at 50.0%. My logic is this: If I make $30,000.00 and pay zero dollars in taxes then I will have $30,000.00 to spend in any way I want. If I make $250,000.00 and pay $125,000.00 in taxes then I'd have $125,000.00 to spend in any way I want. This is just a personal decision. Others may choose the other option.

You should start a poll with the options.

1. A punch to the face by prime Mike Tyson

2. All the cotton candy you can eat.

The outcome of the above poll is in as much doubt as yours.

LOL, Your poll has a description of (A) 30K/no taxes, (B) 250K/50% taxes, (C) 0 taxes, (D) 50% taxes. Does option C mean that I can earn unlimited amounts and pay 0 taxes? Does option D mean I would pay 50% taxes if I earned $10K? Just looking for clarification.

LOL, Your poll has a description of (A) 30K/no taxes, (B) 250K/50% taxes, (C) 0 taxes, (D) 50% taxes. Does option C mean that I can earn unlimited amounts and pay 0 taxes? Does option D mean I would pay 50% taxes if I earned $10K? Just looking for clarification.
lol I was expecting a few smart allecks to vote $250,000 and 0% tax rate. I saw the loophole and anticipated a few people to do that. I'm not standing over your shoulder. Vote however you wish.

lol I was expecting a few smart allecks to vote $250,000 and 0% tax rate. I saw the loophole and anticipated a few people to do that. I'm not standing over your shoulder. Vote however you wish.
We do not know the prices of everything we do with the 30K a year. The 50% tax also inflates costs. There are also many other taxes from the federal level, state and city governments. The port authorities and highway authorities have become bastions of massive patronage. We have a downside to all of the social agendas also. So, the lesser wage may mean much lower costs.

We do not know the prices of everything we do with the 30K a year. The 50% tax also inflates costs. There are also many other taxes from the federal level, state and city governments. The port authorities and highway authorities have become bastions of massive patronage. We have a downside to all of the social agendas also. So, the lesser wage may mean much lower costs.
Just make the best decision that you can.

I choose not to vote--the poll is ambiguous and contradictory. I was very clear in my question of clarification and you chose to ignore the question. You seem to oversimplify when you don't contradict yourself and then you want to shift the blame to the person questioning you. Bad look

I choose not to vote--the poll is ambiguous and contradictory. I was very clear in my question of clarification and you chose to ignore the question. You seem to oversimplify when you don't contradict yourself and then you want to shift the blame to the person questioning you. Bad look
Dude. This poll is silly as all get out. Why are you taking it so seriously? The poll allows two votes. Use them however you wish. I honestly mean that.

Yes it would.

You won't ever solve your "GOVT SPENDING DEFICIT " USING INCOME tax. The rich you are after will stop making "income". You need a new method to confiscate money.

You should start a poll with the options.

1. A punch to the face by prime Mike Tyson

2. All the cotton candy you can eat.

The outcome of the above poll is in as much doubt as yours.

Either could put you in the hospital.

You won't ever solve your "GOVT SPENDING DEFICIT " USING INCOME tax. The rich you are after will stop making "income". You need a new method to confiscate money.

I have heard about this. Apparently the rich will stop getting rich because their taxes are too high. They will go jump in the bread line to avoid taxes.

Do you realize that most Americans would love to see that happen?

Forum List

Back