racist cartoon? or not?

"racist cartoon? or not?"

It's not 'racist,' it is ignorant, wrong, and fear-mongering.
Why would anyone want over supposed five million new workers when we have so many Americans not working?

They aren't new workers. They currently have jobs. That is why they came in the first place.

Yep and we invited them.

Wrong, asshole. I didn't invite them. Perhaps you did, but I didn't.

He should've just called them wetbacks. Since he's engaging in completely stereotyping all hispanic people why not?
How would he show the people breaking in were Hispanics without, as you say, "stereotyping" them?
Lol
You can't explain it, can you?
He should've just called them wetbacks. Since he's engaging in completely stereotyping all hispanic people why not?
We're talking about illegals regardless of nationality. But you on the left including dumb ass obama it's all about Mexicans.
That cartoon is all about Mexicans. Hell it would've been less racist if the Mexican dad had been wearing a sombrero. And the kids smiling behind him?

Despicable.
We on the right are smart enough to know the cartoon is about illegal immigration, you on the idiot left are so stupid you twist into something that fits your racist thinking.

How would he show the people breaking in were Hispanics without, as you say, "stereotyping" them?
Lol
I don't need to, you did.

You don't need to only if you don't mind people thinking you're a fool.

Lol
We're talking about illegals regardless of nationality. But you on the left including dumb ass obama it's all about Mexicans.
That cartoon is all about Mexicans. Hell it would've been less racist if the Mexican dad had been wearing a sombrero. And the kids smiling behind him?

Despicable.
We on the right are smart enough to know the cartoon is about illegal immigration, you on the idiot left are so stupid you twist into something that fits your racist thinking.
Otay

I've got a quick question.............................

Why is it that the only cartoons about illegal immigration that we see any more are those of whom are from Hispanic descent?

I mean....................this country used to print comics about the scourge of the immigrants who were Irish or Italian, and demonized them just the same.

Does this mean that we have to be bigoted against a different race every 10 years or so?

If that's the case, Mexicans have been demonized a lot longer than they should have been.

Quick question...................how would you people react if those climbing into the window were wearing Pilgrim clothing, and the person holding the turkey was standing there in a loincloth and had feathers weaved into their hair like many Native American braves?

It would be a much more accurate depiction.

It would be poignantly spot-on accurate. But it still wouldn't be making a case that either party was acting out of their race as a causation. That's why it can't be described as racist.
racism, to distinguish one race as inferior or superior to another race. Which race was portrayed with the hole in the shoe and why?

Are you serious? You're actually suggesting that if one has a hole in one's shoe it's a product of their race?? Do various races have different levels of shoes?

Call me crazy but far as I know a hole in the shoe means you've done more walking than shoe-buying. I can't see how that's related to race. I can see how it might be related to class, but that's not the question here.
It is there to demean the person, to show that in your country he is valueless. So the artist is claiming the superiority of the indigenous race.

I see political satire is beyond the pea sized leftist brain, and anything they can't understand is RACIST... I take RACISM with a grain of salt, and try to ADD to that wound. just because I can!

1zwbvo0.jpg

Quick question...................how would you people react if those climbing into the window were wearing Pilgrim clothing, and the person holding the turkey was standing there in a loincloth and had feathers weaved into their hair like many Native American braves?

It would be poignantly spot-on accurate. But it still wouldn't be making a case that either party was acting out of their race as a causation. That's why it can't be described as racist.
racism, to distinguish one race as inferior or superior to another race. Which race was portrayed with the hole in the shoe and why?

Are you serious? You're actually suggesting that if one has a hole in one's shoe it's a product of their race?? Do various races have different levels of shoes?

Call me crazy but far as I know a hole in the shoe means you've done more walking than shoe-buying. I can't see how that's related to race. I can see how it might be related to class, but that's not the question here.
It is there to demean the person, to show that in your country he is valueless. So the artist is claiming the superiority of the indigenous race.
That's not what I get from the cartoon. To me the main point is that they are coming in uninvited.....or at least uninvited by the family. But they are invited by BHO.

As for your interpretation of the hole in the shoe......that's what it is....your interpretation.

That's not what I get from the cartoon. To me the main point is that they are coming in uninvited.....or at least uninvited by the family. But they are invited by BHO.

As for your interpretation of the hole in the shoe......that's what it is....your interpretation.
In the cartoon above how would you interpret the the big nose on the wall street banker?

I would say no although I was wondering what if that was native Americans sitting down to a meal and illegal European immigrants crawling through the window.

Yeah, because you are stupid enough to think that the Amerindian tribes had immigration laws and policies.

Dear Jim: I see what you're saying. And who knows if the people inside the house are part Native American, Black or whatever.

but HONESTLY the cartoon is drawn for people to interpret by the most common associations.

Anyone can look at that and tell it is going to be interpreted as Latino's coming through the window
while the family inside is going to be interpreted as White.

What the cartoonist could have shown is the people, perhaps a church dinner of mixed company,
fighting over who is standing or skipping in line to get turkey dinner while the guests look dejected.
And in the background, gangs and traffickers with guns
are robbing the cash box and stealing all the money behind their backs while they're distracted.

So this would make a distinction between the problems with breaking the rules by nonviolent offenders,
which is still a problem and unfair to people who do things legally, like wait in line and don't overstay visas,
vs.
the violent dangerous offenders who are taking advantage of the backlog and the lack of consistent enforcement.

Don't know about

I would say no although I was wondering what if that was native Americans sitting down to a meal and illegal European immigrants crawling through the window.

Yeah, because you are stupid enough to think that the Amerindian tribes had immigration laws and policies.

Dear Jim: I see what you're saying. And who knows if the people inside the house are part Native American, Black or whatever.

but HONESTLY the cartoon is drawn for people to interpret by the most common associations.

Anyone can look at that and tell it is going to be interpreted as Latino's coming through the window

What the cartoonist could have shown is the people, perhaps a church dinner of mixed company,
fighting over who is standing or skipping in line to get turkey dinner while the guests look dejected.
are robbing the cash box and stealing all the money behind their backs while they're distracted.

So this would make a distinction between the problems with breaking the rules by nonviolent offenders,
which is still a problem and unfair to people who do things legally, like wait in line and don't overstay visas,
vs.
the violent dangerous offenders who are taking advantage of the backlog and the lack of consistent enforcement.

In the cartoon above how would you interpret the the big nose on the wall street banker?
He is probably suppose to be Jewish.

vs.

It is just a fucking cartoon, not a doctoral dissertation.

The left is crying 'racism!' at every turn. The NFL is racist, Charlie Brown is racist. JFK was racist. etc.

IT is all ideology based bull shit.

Lol
how would you portray a Jewish person breaking in?
I would portray a Jewish person like this:

hasidicjews.jpg

Would that be racist?

Forum List

Back