racial double standards

So you post three stories yet put in no personal viewpoint...??

Glasses-001.jpg

i'm not real sure how worrying about whether or not there is some double standard involved in race relations is going to have any great impact - honestly, who really cares?

as long as we waste our time and energy on such side issues, we will steal away the time and energy that could otherwise be focused on formulating and executing a viable solution.

at the risk of being repetitive (i've shared my view in other posts), it seems relatively simply in my view - that if we all come together and focus on giving today's children the time, help, encouragement and enlightenment they need, they will naturally apply themselves to pursue their own individual hopes and dreams in a positive way.

i simply don't believe that any child grows up wanting to be a gang banger, drug dealer or criminal of any kind. instead, there are too many kids today who are brought up in very toxic environments and they lose their abiliy to hope/dream at a very early age then end up repeating the cycle of dependence/poverty that they were so unfortunate to have been born into.

i have yet to meet a child not born with a natural handicap who is not brimming over with life, hope, and motivation. the question in my mind is how do we reach those kids before that light goes out and point them in the right direction?

teach a kid to hope, dream and apply themselves, and the world/future is their oyster!

so lets stop worrying about trivial things and focus on developing a plan, and then actively participating in that plan to teach today's kids that they have everything they need to build a successful future for themselves - they just have to believe and apply themselves by gettting a solid education - education is the key.

what if all of we adults give a little of our time and energy to influence/encourage kids who are born into the toxic environments that threaten to consume them?

i'm not real sure how worrying about whether or not there is some double standard involved in race relations is going to have any great impact - honestly, who really cares?

as long as we waste our time and energy on such side issues, we will steal away the time and energy that could otherwise be focused on formulating and executing a viable solution.

at the risk of being repetitive (i've shared my view in other posts), it seems relatively simply in my view - that if we all come together and focus on giving today's children the time, help, encouragement and enlightenment they need, they will naturally apply themselves to pursue their own individual hopes and dreams in a positive way.

i simply don't believe that any child grows up wanting to be a gang banger, drug dealer or criminal of any kind. instead, there are too many kids today who are brought up in very toxic environments and they lose their abiliy to hope/dream at a very early age then end up repeating the cycle of dependence/poverty that they were so unfortunate to have been born into.

i have yet to meet a child not born with a natural handicap who is not brimming over with life, hope, and motivation. the question in my mind is how do we reach those kids before that light goes out and point them in the right direction?

teach a kid to hope, dream and apply themselves, and the world/future is their oyster!

so lets stop worrying about trivial things and focus on developing a plan, and then actively participating in that plan to teach today's kids that they have everything they need to build a successful future for themselves - they just have to believe and apply themselves by gettting a solid education - education is the key.

what if all of we adults give a little of our time and energy to influence/encourage kids who are born into the toxic environments that threaten to consume them?

And your points are sensible and well written. The problem is that the OP of this thread is not looking for any honest two way dialougue, but is looking more for a platform to declare white America as perpetual victims of "black thugs", and in the process is seeking for the few black posters who do post here to apologize for him living in fear of a very small percentage of the black population.

All it takes is one visit to the "sites" that he pulled his "topic" from to see what the intent is.

If you look back at what he has posted in the past, his desire for honest discussion is disingenuous at best. When someone does nothing but just post a link, their intention is obvious.

without an honest discussion, i can't see how we are going to even understand the root causes of our remaining issues, and obviously until we understand, we will have little hope of resolving.

i don't really care much about all the side issues (i.e. reverse discrimination, race baiting, hustlers, etc, etc) - those issues are, in my view, merely distractions that are a waste of time and effort (i.e. discussion of those issues will not resolve anything other than put all parties involved in a defensive posture - then all we do is hurl insults back and forth until our minds are closed completely to anyone else's point of view).

we all have 2 ears and 1 mouth, so i'm convinced we should all listen at least twice as much as we speak so that we consider other points of view. "absolutely nothing can keep a man in everlasting ignorance any more than contempt prior to investigation".

Forum List

Back