Quietly and/or Loudly Wanting Trump To Fail

Full disclosure I did not vote for Donald Trump for president and i'm not sure I will in November either, but when it comes to the coronavirus pandemic we should not be hoping for him to fail or cheering on bad news if it negatively impacts Trump in my opinion. Trump is not the cause of the pandemic in this country or around the world. We should be praying for him and the medical staff that is working with him, praying for wisdom. We should be hoping that the decisions that they are making, and the decisions of a lot of other people too, are going to help our country turn the corner.

I've seen it a few times now on here and also from celebrities, pundits, politicians, and others unfortunately too. People hoping that he messes up, hoping the infection numbers rise so that it makes him look bad, hoping that the virus sinks his presidency or sinks the economy so that is hurts his reelection is not right in my personal opinion, it's wrong, it's amoral. We as a nation should be rooting for his administration's success when it comes to this crisis, because it will also be our success too. If there are failures or troubles then we should be praying for guidance and hoping for good learnings from those failures and troubles, but we should not be cheering or happy because of those failures, neither quietly happy or loudly happy about it in my opinion. I think most people don't have this mindset, but if you do then I would ask that you step back and reconsider your position and what it is that you are wanting to happen or hoping will happen.

I am unaware of anyone who has hoped for Trump's failure at the expense of the country. Right wingers often make that claim, but I haven't seen it. Do you have a link?
Bill Maher doesn't even try to hide his disdain & disloyalty and says what many of you are thinking. You don't care who gets hurt as long as your mindless hatred is served. Fucking traitors, every one of you:

Liberal Media Scream: Bill Maher cheers economic collapse if it dooms Trump
“I’ve been hoping for a recession — people hate me for it — but it would get rid of Trump, so you shouldn’t hate me for it.”
To which, Barro noted: “Recessions are really bad. People lose their jobs and their homes.”
Maher doubled down: “I know. It’s worth it.”

Last edited:
So in your hate of the President.....you want the whole country to fail and you don't even realize it's going to effect you as well.

Lord have mercy on your souls
Who said anything about wanting the country to fail? I said fuck that incompetent fuckup Drumpf. If he goes to sleep for a thousand years we will be better off for it no matter who takes over for him.

Since Trump is the President of this country and what happens to him does effect the rest of us......yeah, it does mean exactly that.

Besides, go back & reread the OP...….she's talking about the country not your nemesis

Trump is not the country dumb ass.

No but he is the President and leader.....much to your sorrow dumbass

But again, as I've said to the other dumbasses here...….go back & reread the OP. It has little to do with him or his position...…...it has everything to do with how people like you wanting the COUNTRY to fail in order to make that orange man bad

Again, Pointing out Trump's failures is not wishing for the country to fail.

I haven't seen any failures.

Full disclosure I did not vote for Donald Trump for president and i'm not sure I will in November either, but when it comes to the coronavirus pandemic we should not be hoping for him to fail or cheering on bad news if it negatively impacts Trump in my opinion. Trump is not the cause of the pandemic in this country or around the world. We should be praying for him and the medical staff that is working with him, praying for wisdom. We should be hoping that the decisions that they are making, and the decisions of a lot of other people too, are going to help our country turn the corner.

I've seen it a few times now on here and also from celebrities, pundits, politicians, and others unfortunately too. People hoping that he messes up, hoping the infection numbers rise so that it makes him look bad, hoping that the virus sinks his presidency or sinks the economy so that is hurts his reelection is not right in my personal opinion, it's wrong, it's amoral. We as a nation should be rooting for his administration's success when it comes to this crisis, because it will also be our success too. If there are failures or troubles then we should be praying for guidance and hoping for good learnings from those failures and troubles, but we should not be cheering or happy because of those failures, neither quietly happy or loudly happy about it in my opinion. I think most people don't have this mindset, but if you do then I would ask that you step back and reconsider your position and what it is that you are wanting to happen or hoping will happen.

I am unaware of anyone who has hoped for Trump's failure at the expense of the country. Right wingers often make that claim, but I haven't seen it. Do you have a link?
Bill Maher doesn't even try to hide his disdain & disloyalty and says what many of 'em you thinking.You don't care who gets hurt as long as your mindless hatred is served. Fucking traitors, every one of you:

Liberal Media Scream: Bill Maher cheers economic collapse if it dooms Trump
“I’ve been hoping for a recession — people hate me for it — but it would get rid of Trump, so you shouldn’t hate me for it.”
To which, Barro noted: “Recessions are really bad. People lose their jobs and their homes.”
Maher doubled down: “I know. It’s worth it.”

I wouldn't mind being in a locked dark room with Maher for about 2 minutes.

So in your hate of the President.....you want the whole country to fail and you don't even realize it's going to effect you as well.

Lord have mercy on your souls
Who said anything about wanting the country to fail? I said fuck that incompetent fuckup Drumpf. If he goes to sleep for a thousand years we will be better off for it no matter who takes over for him.

Since Trump is the President of this country and what happens to him does effect the rest of us......yeah, it does mean exactly that.

Besides, go back & reread the OP...….she's talking about the country not your nemesis

But again, as I've said to the other dumbasses here...….go back & reread the OP. It has little to do with him or his position...…...it has everything to do with how people like you wanting the COUNTRY to fail in order to make that orange man bad

I think for me it would be cool one day to hear some of Trump's biggest detractors say that they are rooting for him and his medical staff's success with this virus. It would be good for the country's unity in my opinion regardless of what that could mean for his reelection. I get it's hard for people to separate politics sometimes but i'll watch MSNBC and CNN and it's pretty rare to hear someone on there be in his corner in that sort of way even if they didn't vote for him and even if they don't like him as a person. I have a lot of personal opinions and criticisms about Trump, but I genuinely want him and his staff to succeed in fighting this outbreak.

I think for me it would be cool one day to hear some of Trump's biggest detractors say that they are rooting for him and his medical staff's success with this virus. It would be good for the country's unity in my opinion regardless of what that could mean for his reelection. I get it's hard for people to separate politics sometimes but i'll watch MSNBC and CNN and it's pretty rare to hear someone on there be in his corner in that sort of way even if they didn't vote for him and even if they don't like him as a person. I have a lot of personal opinions and criticisms about Trump, but I genuinely want him and his staff to succeed in fighting this outbreak.

Those who do wish his downfall & failure can't see past him. They don't realize this pandemic and the long term effects of it, are much bigger than who's in the oval office.

Bitching and whining from the cheap seats never won a game...........Only those on the field win or lose the game.............

So all of you whining continuously to the point of needing a barf bag..............from the Nose bleed sections need to GROW UP..............

Actions were taken early on........trying to limit this.........being done while the Impeachment was going on..

On January 31st they were declaring an emergency.....in the Senate they were arguing for more witnesses in Impeachment..............Wasn't til another week that any committees were called for this virus........even though a State of Emergency was declared...

HERE............TAKE A LOOK.

The 1st case came to the u.s. on the 21st.............Travel bans and quarantines ordered here.....while the BS Impeachment Trial was the focus of the Nation.

Current Outbreak of Coronavirus Disease 2019

Presidential Proclamations Regarding Novel Coronavirus

• On January 31 President Trump signed a proclamation barring entry to the United States of most foreign nationals who traveled to China within the past 14 days. Read the full text of the proclamation here.
  • On February 29, President Trump signed a proclamation that expanded restrictions to include all aliens who were physically present within the Islamic Republic of Iran during the 14-day period preceding their entry or attempted entry into the United States.  Read the full text of the proclamation here.
  • On March 11, President Trump signed a proclamation that restricts travel to the United States from foreign nationals who have recently been in certain European countries.  This does not apply to U.S. citizens or legal permanent residents.  Read the full text of the proclamation here.
  • On March 14, President Trump signed a proclamation that restricts travel to the United States from foreign nationals who have recently been in the United Kingdom and Ireland.  This does not apply to U.S. citizens or legal permanent residents.  Read the full text of the proclamation here.

Biden Falsely Blames Trump Administration For Rejecting WHO Coronavirus Test Kits (That Were Never Offered)

Our Ruling

Biden said, “The World Health Organization offered the testing kits that they have available and to give it to us now. We refused them. We did not want to buy them.”

Biden has a point that the U.S. did not attempt to use the WHO test. But the U.S. would never have needed complete kits from WHO. Even if it had adopted the WHO testing approach, it already had access to all the necessary materials.

WHO said there was never any talk of WHO sending testing kits to the United States.

Biden’s words leave out other important context and information.

Coronavirus testing: WHO and CDC never discussed providing test kits to the US, global health agency says - CNN

The Presidential candidate for the Dems lying about the tests.....and WHO clears it up

Can you cite any examples of this "cheering for him to fail us?"

However, I do recall this though...
  1. Rooting for Obama to fail since before he was president
  2. Jindal defends those who want Obama to fail - CNN.com
  3. https://www.washingtonpost.com/blog...9fd5cd8-0696-11e2-afff-d6c7f20a83bf_blog.html
  4. Rush Limbaugh: "I Still Want Obama To Fail" | RealClearPolitics
  5. Do the Republicans Really Want Obama to Fail?
  6. Pence: ‘You Bet’ We Want Obama’s Policies To Fail
  7. PolitiFact - Mark Strama says Rush Limbaugh made it clear he’d rather see the country fail than President Barack Obama succeed

Years of evidence, not from voters, but from the so-called leaders, the politicians themselves.

Anything like this on the left?

Trump Tells People With Coronavirus To Go To Work

President Trump said people with coronavirus "go to work" and now critics on Twitter are furious - CBS News

Trump blasts Biden's record in 'Hannity' exclusive interview

Start at 23 minutes 20 seconds
giphy.gif

Bitching and whining from the cheap seats never won a game...........Only those on the field win or lose the game.............

So all of you whining continuously to the point of needing a barf bag..............from the Nose bleed sections need to GROW UP..............

Actions were taken early on........trying to limit this.........being done while the Impeachment was going on..

On January 31st they were declaring an emergency.....in the Senate they were arguing for more witnesses in Impeachment..............Wasn't til another week that any committees were called for this virus........even though a State of Emergency was declared...

The 1st case came to the u.s. on the 21st.............Travel bans and quarantines ordered here.....while the BS Impeachment Trial was the focus of the Nation.

This is not a bitch from the cheap seats. This is calling out abject incompetence. If you'd like a run down, here you go.
Is This Timeline of Trump's Coronavirus Responses Accurate?

Notice the big gap in responses from Feb 2nd to Feb 24th. What do you think was going on in that time space? Mobilizing government to enable states to respond? Showing leadership? Nope...just campaign slogans. That's three wasted weeks.

Can you cite any examples of this "cheering for him to fail us?"

However, I do recall this though...
  1. Rooting for Obama to fail since before he was president
  2. Jindal defends those who want Obama to fail - CNN.com
  3. https://www.washingtonpost.com/blog...9fd5cd8-0696-11e2-afff-d6c7f20a83bf_blog.html
  4. Rush Limbaugh: "I Still Want Obama To Fail" | RealClearPolitics
  5. Do the Republicans Really Want Obama to Fail?
  6. Pence: ‘You Bet’ We Want Obama’s Policies To Fail
  7. PolitiFact - Mark Strama says Rush Limbaugh made it clear he’d rather see the country fail than President Barack Obama succeed

Years of evidence, not from voters, but from the so-called leaders, the politicians themselves.

Anything like this on the left?

I didn't really say that people are cheering for him to fail us. The point was that with the pandemic we as a nation should be rooting for Trumps success since his success from a policy perspective on this virus is our success, and not looking for reasons to be giddy about his failures because of any personal disliking or because of politics. If you listen to people talk and if you listen objectively you will see that there are people on the left that are doing the same things that people on the right did to Obama even in a time of real crisis. It's wrong to me.

Media Lies...........Biden Lies...........Newspaper Lies................

Media covering the Impeachment...........where was the concern for the virus.........as an emergency was declared.....................

'Travel bans............called Xenophobic by Biden........Racist and etc...............Yet it bought us time.......

And on and on and on......................They just couldn't stop it.......been doing it for 3 years as a pandemic was coming.

I didn't really say that people are cheering for him to fail us. The point was that with the pandemic we as a nation should be rooting for Trumps success since his success from a policy perspective on this virus is our success, and not looking for reasons to be giddy about his failures because of any personal disliking or because of politics. If you listen to people talk and if you listen objectively you will see that there are people on the left that are doing the same things that people on the right did to Obama even in a time of real crisis. It's wrong to me.
OK, so according to you, there's so many of them, so can you cite any examples?

And are you suggesting that there's certain times when it's OK to root for the President to fail?

This is not a bitch from the cheap seats. This is calling out abject incompetence. If you'd like a run down, here you go.
Is This Timeline of Trump's Coronavirus Responses Accurate?

Notice the big gap in responses from Feb 2nd to Feb 24th. What do you think was going on in that time space? Mobilizing government to enable states to respond? Showing leadership? Nope...just campaign slogans. That's three wasted weeks.

Hand picked BS..........where he is trying to calm the situation instead of a panic............

Coronavirus Disease 2019 (COVID-19) Situation Summary

Highlights of CDC’s Response
  • CDC established a COVID-19 Incident Management System on January 7, 2020. On January 21, CDC activated its Emergency Operations Center to better provide ongoing support to the COVID-19 response.
  • The U.S. government has taken unprecedented steps with respect to travel in response to the growing public health threat posed by this new coronavirus:
    • Foreign nationals who have been in China, Iran, the United Kingdom, Ireland and any one of 26 European countries within the past 14 days cannot enter the United States.
    • U.S. citizens, residents, and their immediate family members who have been any one of those countries within in the past 14 days can enter the United States, but they are subject to health monitoring and possible quarantine for up to 14 days.
    • People at higher risk of serious COVID-19 illness avoid cruise travel and non-essential air travel.
    • Additionally, CDC has issued the following additional specific travel guidance related to COVID-19.
  • CDC has issued clinical guidance, including:
  • CDC has deployed multidisciplinary teams to support state health departments case identification, contact tracing, clinical management, and public communications.
  • CDC has worked with federal partners to support the safe return of Americans overseas who have been affected by COVID-19.
  • An important part of CDC’s role during a public health emergency is to develop a test for the pathogen and equip state and local public health labs with testing capacity.
    • CDC developed an rRT-PCR test to diagnose COVID-19.
    • As of the evening of March 15, 89 state and local public health labs in 50 states and the District of Columbia have successfully verified and are currently using CDC COVID-19 diagnostic tests.
    • Combined with other reagents that CDC has procured, there are enough testing kits to test more than 75,000 people.
    • Commercial manufacturers are now producing their own tests.
  • CDC has grown the COVID-19 virus in cell culture, which is necessary for further studies, including for additional genetic characterization. The cell-grown virus was sent to NIH’s BEI Resources Repositoryexternal icon for use by the broad scientific community.
  • CDC also is developing a serology test for COVID-19.

OK, so according to you, there's so many of them, so can you cite any examples?

And are you suggesting that there's a time when it's OK to root for the President to fail?

My comments were made based on personal observations as I watch the news and read comments online from people. This isn't personal towards you or anybody else on here. Would you agree or disagree with the position that we should be hoping for Trump's success in dealing with this virus?

To answer your question i'm sure there would be a reason to root for a president to fail but that kind of hypothetical would need to be explored a bit more. For this instance in this reality of coronavirus we should not be rooting for failure though in my opinion.

For what reason have the Dems.........their Presidential Candidate............and their MEDIA......LIED about what has been done and said by Trump????????????????

Damn your hot! CAn you make me a sandwich?

My comments were made based on personal observations as I watch the news and read comments online from people. This isn't personal towards you or anybody else on here. Would you agree or disagree with the position that we should be hoping for Trump's success in dealing with this virus?

To answer your question i'm sure there would be a reason to root for a president to fail but that kind of hypothetical would need to be explored a bit more. For this instance in this reality of coronavirus we should not be rooting for failure though in my opinion.
You made an assertion, a very strong one at that.

I'd like you to back it up.

So can you post just ONE example of people rooting for the President to fail?

According to your OP, there should be tons and tons.

I'll be patiently waiting.

Forum List

Back