Questions for those who don't believe in God

Status
Not open for further replies.
musicman said:
Then you ought to just say, "deeds". I think we've pretty well established that it is liberals who are trying to legislate "thoughts".

I don't know how to break this to you, jAZ, but the purpose of making law is pretty much to legislate actions - or, "deeds", if you like.
So then you agree with me that RWavengers comments are wrong.

jAZ said:
No, it's a word.

You tried to present it as such - implying that "fear of sameness" is a specific, documented malady. Then, you backed off that - calling it a label. You're descending into outright dishonesty. Pity. We have several members here, of a more left-leaning persuasion, who argue their positions with intelligence, and in the spirit of the genuine pursuit of truth. Thought you might be another; we love stimulating debate around here. False alarm.

musicman said:
You tried to present it as such - implying that "fear of sameness" is a specific, documented malady.
No, I said it's a word. You are the only one saying it's a "malady" and "made-up" and "awful, debilitating disease" and "terrible malady". Just stop with this shoving words into my mouth so that you can attack them and ignoring the words I did say because those are harder to attack.
musicman said:
Then, you backed off that - calling it a label.
I called it a word. Any word is used to lable an object, thought or action. Nothing to object to here.
You're descending into outright dishonesty. Pity. We have several members here, of a more left-leaning persuasion, who argue their positions with intelligence, and in the spirit of the genuine pursuit of truth. Thought you might be another; we love stimulating debate around here. False alarm.
I'm not here to win any debates. I'm here because it seemed like it might be exactly what you are describing now. But what I've seen so far it a great many people cheer leading their team, building strawman by (deliberately) mis-paraphrasing my words in order to attempt to refute something.

There is nothing honest about that kind of discussion.

I'd love for you to stop doing these things (lying and saying I "present(ed homophobia) as ... a specific, documented malady").

Again, I didn't do that, I merely said it's NOT a "non-word". It's a real word.

It's used to describe a real belief. That doesn't mean that it's original definition is an exact match to the current common use.

jAZ said:
No, I said it's a word. You are the only one saying it's a "malady" and "made-up" and "awful, debilitating disease" and "terrible malady". Just stop with this shoving words into my mouth so that you can attack them and ignore the words I did say because those are harder to attack.

I called it a word. Any word is used to lable an object, thought or action. Nothing to object to here.

I'm not here to win any debates. I'm here because it seemed like it might be exactly what you are describing now. But what I've seen so far it a great many people cheer leading their team, building strawman by (deliberately) paraphrasing my words in order to attempt to refute something.

There is nothing honest about that kind of discussion.

I'd love for you to stop doing these things (lying and saying I "present(ed homophobia) as ... a specific, documented malady").

Again, I didn't do that, I merely said it's NOT a "non-word". It's a real word.

It's used to describe a real belief. That doesn't mean that it's original definition is an exact match to the current common use.

Condensed version: you lied.

musicman said:
Condensed version: you lied.
It's a shame that you can't or aren't willing to do anything but mis-paraphrase me in order to make your point.

That doesn't say much for your point does it?

jAZ said:
It's a shame that you can't or aren't willing to do anything but mis-paraphrase me in order to make your point.

That doesn't say much for your point does it?

:sleep:

Someone wake me when an intellectually honest debater with the strength of his convictions and the willingness to engage in a little straight talk comes around, will you? When I crave lies, parsing, and loaded, disingenuous innuendo, I'll tune in to the MSM.

There is always the possiblity that there is no reason for us to be here, we simply are.

deaddude said:
There is always the possiblity that there is no reason for us to be here, we simply are.

Nope, there are reasons, though I will not recap for your edification at this point in time, been there, done that.

Refuted I am sure. Denied beyond the realm of possibility I highly doubt. It remains a possibility.

deaddude said:
Refuted I am sure. Denied beyond the realm of possibility I highly doubt. It remains a possibility.
Hey, the sky pixie is within the realm of possibles. :thup:

:D It is also possible for an apple to be colocated with your spleen, it is just extremely unlikely. I dont see a sky fairy as being any more unlikly than any other possible diety.

deaddude said:
:D It is also possible for an apple to be colocated with your spleen, it is just extremely unlikely. I dont see a sky fairy as being any more unlikly than any other possible diety.
Ditto. :suck:

musicman said:
:sleep:

Someone wake me when an intellectually honest debater with the strength of his convictions and the willingness to engage in a little straight talk comes around, will you? When I crave lies, parsing, and loaded, disingenuous innuendo, I'll tune in to the MSM.
Funny that you confuse mere parsing with your whole-cloth fabrication of my statements. Talk about "intellectually honest debater"?

jAZ said:
When all else fails, huh?

we've been whipping you cognitively for a couple days now. I thought I'd venture down to your obviously lower level.

rtwngAvngr said:
we've been whipping you cognitively for a couple days now. I thought I'd venture down to your obviously lower level.
Yeah, you've seen me post all kinds of crap like that, huh?

Feel free to quote it. That'll teach me.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum List

Back