Question For Christians

As for being the son of god. I would think anyone who believes in god would consider themselves a son, or daughter of god. No?

Yes I think that would would be the assumption, of anyone with that belief.

Last edited:
As for being the son of god. I would think anyone who believes in god would consider themselves a son, or daughter of god. No?

John 14 pretty well sum up the fact that when we accept Christ as Lord, we become a member of the family of God. Once we truly receive Christ, we are given the Holy Spirit to guide us through the remainder of our life in this world. It is clear that if you do not have the Holy Spirit within you, then you haven't accepted Christ in your heart,,,,

John 14 pretty well sum up the fact that when we accept Christ as Lord, we become a member of the family of God. Once we truly receive Christ, we are given the Holy Spirit to guide us through the remainder of our life in this world. It is clear that if you do not have the Holy Spirit within you, then you haven't accepted Christ in your heart,,,,

He who has ears to hear, let him hear.

Who started Christianity? Who was the first Christian, or main source of what became Christianity?

Wow, you can't open the Bible???

It's right in there for pity sake.

Who started Christianity? Peter? Paul? YOU ARE ALL WRONG!

Matthew 28:18-20 King James Version

18 And Jesus came and spake unto them, saying, All power is given unto me in heaven and in earth.

19 Go ye therefore, and teach all nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father, and of the Son, and of the Holy Ghost:

20 Teaching them to observe all things whatsoever I have commanded you: and, lo, I am with you always, even unto the end of the world. Amen.

I did. For many years I was a Christian. Then I realized Christianity is just one of 1000 religions.

John 14 pretty well sum up the fact that when we accept Christ as Lord, we become a member of the family of God. Once we truly receive Christ, we are given the Holy Spirit to guide us through the remainder of our life in this world. It is clear that if you do not have the Holy Spirit within you, then you haven't accepted Christ in your heart,,,,[/QUOTE]

I did. For many years I was a Christian. Then I realized Christianity is just one of 1000 religions.[/QUOTE]

28and I give eternal life to them, and they will never perish; and no one will snatch them out of My hand. 29"My Father, who has given them to Me, is greater than all; and no one is able to snatch them out of the Father's hand. 30"I and the Father are one."…

If you truly accepted Christ as Lord and Savior, you are Saved forever.......and can do a 180 and return to the cross....but if one merely goes through the motions of being a Christian, then that person never received the gift of Salvation and so never received the Holy Spirit to dwell within them.

I can't begin to imagine wanting to give up the most exquisite freedom for the shackles that bind the unbeliever.

I would venture to say that John the Baptist might have been..... ( John 1:35-42 ) followed by Simon and Andrew,,

I did. For many years I was a Christian. Then I realized Christianity is just one of 1000 religions.[/QUOTE]

28and I give eternal life to them, and they will never perish; and no one will snatch them out of My hand. 29"My Father, who has given them to Me, is greater than all; and no one is able to snatch them out of the Father's hand. 30"I and the Father are one."…

If you truly accepted Christ as Lord and Savior, you are Saved forever.......and can do a 180 and return to the cross....but if one merely goes through the motions of being a Christian, then that person never received the gift of Salvation and so never received the Holy Spirit to dwell within them.

I can't begin to imagine wanting to give up the most exquisite freedom for the shackles that bind the unbeliever.[/QUOTE]

It's called being in a state of ignorant bliss.

I guess I never truly accepted Christ as my lord and savior. I said I did but I have to be honest deep down I always had doubts. But like many Christians I was bullied/guilted/scared/conned/convinced/brainwashed that the stories were true and so I said I did accept Jesus as my lord and savior. I put aside my hesitations and doubt and swallowed the unbelievable stories and I said YES when asked if Jesus was my lord and savior.

Then, as time went on and I did more research and talked to a lot of people who weren't Christians and I studied the history of religion and one day I changed my mind. I still believed in god but didn't buy the Jesus myth. Just like I don't buy the Mohammad, Greek Gods or Mormon stories. But I still believed in god and I thought I had a personal relationship with him. I've run into other theists on USMB who are that way now. They don't believe I once thought like them.

Anyways, one day I finally realized that there is no proof of god. Nothing against god if he does exist. It's just that the evidence clearly shows humans invented this god character.

There may be a god, but all the evidence suggests we made it up. So, if there is a creator or god out there, he never came and talked to any human being ever. This is why I don't believe there is a god. For one, the god theists talk about is clearly made up. And although it is possible that something made us, we have no evidence a creator exists. So if I throw out all the lies that come from organized religions, and I use my logical brain, it tells me that the entire concept was invented by men a long time ago.

I can't begin to imagine wanting to give up the most exquisite freedom for the shackles that bind the unbeliever.[/QUOTE]

“I would love to believe that when I die I will live again, that some thinking, feeling, remembering part of me will continue. But much as I want to believe that, and despite the ancient and worldwide cultural traditions that assert an afterlife, I know of nothing to suggest that it is more than wishful thinking. The world is so exquisite with so much love and moral depth, that there is no reason to deceive ourselves with pretty stories for which there’s little good evidence. Far better it seems to me, in our vulnerability, is to look death in the eye and to be grateful every day for the brief but magnificent opportunity that life provides.” – Carl Sagan

We feel sorry for you.

When I became convinced that the universe was natural, that all the ghosts and gods were myths, there entered into my brain, into my soul, into every drop of my blood, the sense, the feeling, the joy of freedom. The walls of my prison crumbled and fell. The dungeon was flooded with light and all the bolts and bars and manacles turned to dust. I was no longer a servant, a serf, or a slave. There was for me no master in all the wide world, not even in infinite space.

I was free to think. Free to express my thoughts, free to live in my own ideal. Free to live for myself and those I loved. Free to use all my faculties, all my senses. Free to spread imagination’s wings, free to investigate, to guess, and dream and hope. Free to judge and determine for myself. Free to reject all ignorant and cruel creeds, all the inspired books that savages have produced, and the barbarous legends of the past. Free from sanctified mistakes and “holy” lies. Free from the fear of eternal pain, free from the winged monsters of the night. Free from devils, ghosts and gods. For the first time I was free.

There were no prohibited places in all of the realm of thought. No error, no space where fancy could not spread her painted wings. No chains for my limbs. No lashes for my back. No flames for my flesh. No Master’s frown or threat, no following in another’s steps. No need to bow or cringe or crawl, or utter lying words. I was free; I stood erect and fearlessly, joyously faced all worlds.

My heart was filled with gratitude, with thankfulness, and went out in love to all the heros, the thinkers who gave their lives for liberty of hand and brain, for the freedom of labor and thought to those who fell on the fierce fields of war. To those who died in dungeons, bound in chains, to those by fire consumed, to all the wise, the good, the brave of every land whose thoughts and deeds have given freedom to the sons of men. And then, I vowed to grasp the torch that they held, and hold it high, That light might conquer darkness still.

-Robert Green Ingersoll (1833-1899)

I did. For many years I was a Christian. Then I realized Christianity is just one of 1000 religions.

We feel sorry for you.

When I became convinced that the universe was natural, that all the ghosts and gods were myths, there entered into my brain, into my soul, into every drop of my blood, the sense, the feeling, the joy of freedom. The walls of my prison crumbled and fell. The dungeon was flooded with light and all the bolts and bars and manacles turned to dust. I was no longer a servant, a serf, or a slave. There was for me no master in all the wide world, not even in infinite space.

I was free to think. Free to express my thoughts, free to live in my own ideal. Free to live for myself and those I loved. Free to use all my faculties, all my senses. Free to spread imagination’s wings, free to investigate, to guess, and dream and hope. Free to judge and determine for myself. Free to reject all ignorant and cruel creeds, all the inspired books that savages have produced, and the barbarous legends of the past. Free from sanctified mistakes and “holy” lies. Free from the fear of eternal pain, free from the winged monsters of the night. Free from devils, ghosts and gods. For the first time I was free.

There were no prohibited places in all of the realm of thought. No error, no space where fancy could not spread her painted wings. No chains for my limbs. No lashes for my back. No flames for my flesh. No Master’s frown or threat, no following in another’s steps. No need to bow or cringe or crawl, or utter lying words. I was free; I stood erect and fearlessly, joyously faced all worlds.

My heart was filled with gratitude, with thankfulness, and went out in love to all the heros, the thinkers who gave their lives for liberty of hand and brain, for the freedom of labor and thought to those who fell on the fierce fields of war. To those who died in dungeons, bound in chains, to those by fire consumed, to all the wise, the good, the brave of every land whose thoughts and deeds have given freedom to the sons of men. And then, I vowed to grasp the torch that they held, and hold it high, That light might conquer darkness still.

-Robert Green Ingersoll (1833-1899)[/QUOTE]

Oh my, please don't ever feel sorry for me...... My burdons no longer exist since accepting Christ and confessing my transgressions... I feel exactly as Ingersoll describes,,,,and nobody forced me, cajoled me, or threatened me ever .... It was God that drew me to Him, and no other.....and for me to serve Him is such an awesome privilege that gives me pleasure that is totally indescribable. I have felt His touch upon me as recently as yesterday evening.. and once you experience God, truly experience Him, your life becomes so totally filled with purpose, and the freedom from the darkness is breathtaking to say the least...

I no longer live in fear nor do I cringe in those dark corners any longer.... I love being the daughter of the most High King and would never go back to listening to Satan's lies.... and I admit he can be convincing, but once you have tasted the awesome Grace that can only come from God, then you are bound by lies, and will remain bound forever unless you answer God's call.

not that hard to figure out.....Christians are people who believe that Jesus was God incarnate.....the first Christian was the first person to believe that.....did Mary believe that when the angel told her about the child in her womb?.....did John the Baptist believe it at the time he baptized Jesus?.....did the Roman guard believe it following the crucifixion?.....did everyone who saw him ascend to heaven believe it?......did the 5000 at Pentecost believe it?.........did the members of the seven churches mentioned in Revelation believe it?.....do the three billion who call themselves Christians today believe it?......

Who started Christianity? Who was the first Christian, or main source of what became Christianity?

God

Adam

the atonement of Jesus Christ
Nope. The inventor of Christianity: Paul.
illogical......Paul, before his conversion, worked at destroying those who believed that Jesus was the incarnate God.....therefore, people who believed Jesus was the incarnate God had to have existed before his conversion......

God

Adam

illogical......Paul, before his conversion, worked at destroying those who believed that Jesus was the incarnate God.....therefore, people who believed Jesus was the incarnate God had to have existed before his conversion......
Illogical? You're the nut bar referencing magical gawds.

Paul was a clever manipulator, as were many inventors of religions. L. Ron Hubbards' invention of Scientology was based on a bet.

God

Adam

Paul was a clever manipulator
did that extend to manipulating time?....

God

Adam

Paul was a clever manipulator
did that extend to manipulating time?....
People believed in many gods before Paul created the myth of the gods you believe in. People disenfranchised by the currently configured gods are ripe for the picken' by clever manipulators. Look at the L. Ron Hubbard model.

Forum List

Back