Question for Christians: Would you turn in your guns if ordered to by government?

God doesn't say you are supposed to disarm yourself so you can be martyred.
But God commands us to obey our government's directives. Obviously, we're not supposed to follow an immoral directive, such as gassing Jews. An order to turn in our guns could be construed as an omen for something terrible to come, which would certainly give me pause to comply.

But God says we're supposed to obey the government. How do you reconcile your belief in God while refusing to submit to his commands?

I may be wrong and face judgement for it........but as things are today I don't think it's safe to be unarmed with the government we have.

The point is that Christians are commanded by God to obey their government. I am curious if other Christian gun owners would go along with such a demand. I presume that many would not.
God commands Christians to obey their government?

Can you tell me where that's written?

The point is that Christians are commanded by God to obey their government. I am curious if other Christian gun owners would go along with such a demand. I presume that many would not.
The Government established the 2nd Amendment and it looks like it will never be overturned by the 2/3 majority of the 50 states. And so I wouldn't turn them in.

But God commands us to obey our government's directives. Obviously, we're not supposed to follow an immoral directive, such as gassing Jews. An order to turn in our guns could be construed as an omen for something terrible to come, which would certainly give me pause to comply.

This country's Constitution recognized our Right to be armed. Any administration that tries to eliminate that Right is, by definition, illegitimate.

The Government established the 2nd Amendment and it looks like it will never be overturned by the 2/3 majority of the 50 states. And so I wouldn't turn them in.

No, the government didn't establish it. The writer's of the Constitution merely codified an inalienable Right. A NATURAL Right.

I know. It's just a hypothetical question.

This country's Constitution recognized our Right to be armed. Any administration that tries to eliminate that Right is, by definition, illegitimate.
Another solid point.

Do you believe in God?

I'm a scientist, and true agnostic. There is neither evidence of a God, nor is their evidence that God does not exist.

Nor do I belive that a belief in God is necessary to live a moral and ethical life.

Fair enough. You've always been a genuine and friendly poster on this site and I appreciate your perspective.

I enjoy religious conversations with my religious friends. I'm even good friends with our local Bishop who refers to me as his token heathen!

Forum List

Back