Question for Christians: Would you turn in your guns if ordered to by government?

Your medal is in the mail.
He just needs to put this in his front yard. :)

1627883347647.png

Yeah, I'd turn them in. I'd take some hammers and pliers and turn them into bigger guns.

:auiqs.jpg:

I think I would, reluctantly. I say "reluctantly" because only good guys with guns can stop guys like Hitler, Mao, Pol Pot, etc.

So, would you turn in your guns?

Romans 13:1–2​

English Standard Version

Submission to the Authorities
13 Let every person be subject to the governing authorities. For there is no authority except from God, and those that exist have been instituted by God. 2 Therefore whoever resists the authorities resists what God has appointed, and those who resist will incur judgment.

You wanna give up your guns to those who would also like to erase Christianity?

Was Jesus violent? Yes or No. NO is the correct answer, did Jesus have a gun or rifle, yes or no.

No is the correct answer.

I think I would, reluctantly. I say "reluctantly" because only good guys with guns can stop guys like Hitler, Mao, Pol Pot, etc.

English Standard Version

13 Let every person be subject to the governing authorities. For there is no authority except from God, and those that exist have been instituted by God. 2 Therefore whoever resists the authorities resists what God has appointed, and those who resist will incur judgment.
Paul wrote this for his Christian (and Jewish audience in Rome) to generally to be a good citizen, to not be a lawless or vindictive person. The part you omitted which came next.

3For rulers are not a terror to good works, but to the evil. Wilt thou then not be afraid of the power? do that which is good, and thou shalt have praise of the same: 4For he is the minister of God to thee for good. But if thou do that which is evil, be afraid; for he beareth not the sword in vain: for he is the minister of God, a revenger to execute wrath upon him that doeth evil. 5Wherefore ye must needs be subject, not only for wrath, but also for conscience sake. 6For for this cause pay ye tribute also: for they are God's ministers, attending continually upon this very thing. 7Render therefore to all their dues: tribute to whom tribute is due; custom to whom custom; fear to whom fear; honour to whom honour.

Paul wrote this for his Christian (and Jewish audience in Rome) to generally to be a good citizen, to not be a lawless or vindictive person. The part you omitted which came next.

3For rulers are not a terror to good works, but to the evil. Wilt thou then not be afraid of the power? do that which is good, and thou shalt have praise of the same: 4For he is the minister of God to thee for good. But if thou do that which is evil, be afraid; for he beareth not the sword in vain: for he is the minister of God, a revenger to execute wrath upon him that doeth evil. 5Wherefore ye must needs be subject, not only for wrath, but also for conscience sake. 6For for this cause pay ye tribute also: for they are God's ministers, attending continually upon this very thing. 7Render therefore to all their dues: tribute to whom tribute is due; custom to whom custom; fear to whom fear; honour to whom honour.
Thanks. I'm going to listen th this:

If the filthy government wants to take my firearms then it is acting illegally. The Constitution of the US says very clearly that the right to keep and bear arms shall not be infringed. Nobody has the right to infringe upon that right. No law enforcement, no legislature, no executive and no court. If they do they are acting illegally.

I am a good citizen and will not allow a filthy oppressive government to act illegally.

If the filthy government wants to take my firearms then it is acting illegally. The Constitution of the US says very clearly that the right to keep and bear arms shall not be infringed. Nobody has the right to infringe upon that right. No law enforcement, no legislature, no executive and no court. If they do they are acting illegally.

I am a good citizen and will not allow a filthy oppressive government to act illegally.
You're right. I'll keep my guns too.

But God says we're supposed to obey the government. How do you reconcile your belief in God while refusing to submit to his commands?
God didn't say that. Some clown who wrote the King James Version of the bible did.

And no I'm not disarming.

English Standard Version

Fuck no.

I'm not Christian, but nope. Christ said if you don't have a sword sell your shirt and buy one.

We also know Jesus and his Apostles carried at least three swords around with them, and one of them was probably Peter's; he whacked an ear off an official with one he was carrying when they came to arrest Jesus.

Was Jesus violent? Yes or No. NO is the correct answer, did Jesus have a gun or rifle, yes or no.

No is the correct answer.

"If you have no sword, sell your shirt and buy one"

Jesus telling his followers to obtain the rifle of the day.

You are factually wrong in all cases.

As usual.

One of the most misquoted and often confused passeges in the Bible is when Jesus said "render unto Caesar".

He was not telling his audience to obey the government. He was telling them to chose between God or secularism.

Note the belief of the time: God has appointed the rulers.

What do we believe today? Did God appoint our leaders, or did we, the people elect them? In our Republic, if people give up their weapons, are we following the will of God or the will of the people? Is abortion the will of God or the will of the people? Wouldn't the same rationale apply to guns?

"If you have no sword, sell your shirt and buy one"

Jesus telling his followers to obtain the rifle of the day.

You are factually wrong in all cases.

As usual.
38Then they said, “Lord, look, there are two swords here.” But he replied, “It is enough!”*

There were 12 apostles.

And Jesus never had a sword.

leaver or bolt action, six round maximum, non detachable magazine - then no I would not turn in what i have - and the same firearms for everyone including police - except military, not including state militia ... 1st century, religion of antiquity.

Forum List

Back