Question for Christians: Would you turn in your guns if ordered to by government?

K9Buck

Platinum Member
Dec 25, 2009
I think I would, reluctantly. I say "reluctantly" because only good guys with guns can stop guys like Hitler, Mao, Pol Pot, etc.

So, would you turn in your guns?

Romans 13:1–2
English Standard Version

Submission to the Authorities
13 Let every person be subject to the governing authorities. For there is no authority except from God, and those that exist have been instituted by God. 2 Therefore whoever resists the authorities resists what God has appointed, and those who resist will incur judgment.

I think I would, reluctantly. I say "reluctantly" because only good guys with guns can stop guys like Hitler, Mao, Pol Pot, etc.

Romans 13:1–2​

English Standard Version

13 Let every person be subject to the governing authorities. For there is no authority except from God, and those that exist have been instituted by God. 2 Therefore whoever resists the authorities resists what God has appointed, and those who resist will incur judgment.
I might turn mine in if the government destroyed all theirs first

I'm not a Christian, and frankly, I don't know what that has to do with anything, but I would not...

Then why are you participating in this thread directed at Christians?

Well, I wanted to.

I find it interesting that you seem to assign some sort of connection between someone's religion and whether or not that person would obey a government mandate...

• Banned
I find it interesting that you seem to assign some sort of connection between someone's religion and whether or not that person would obey a government mandate...
The point is that Christians are commanded by God to obey their government. I am curious if other Christian gun owners would go along with such a demand. I presume that many would not.

Just ask preacher, since Christian is intellectually incapable of questioning and disagreeing with preacher.....
I don't get it. What do you mean?

This is a good thread for the government to come to know who they might have trouble with if they try to take away your guns.

Romans 13:1–2​

English Standard Version

I'm not Christian, but nope. Christ said if you don't have a sword sell your shirt and buy one.

The point is that Christians are commanded by God to obey their government. I am curious if other Christian gun owners would go along with such a demand. I presume that many would not.

No, they aren't.

In answer to OP..........no, no way, no how, just NO
But God says we're supposed to obey the government. How do you reconcile your belief in God while refusing to submit to his commands?

But God says we're supposed to obey the government. How do you reconcile your belief in God while refusing to submit to his commands?

God doesn't say you are supposed to disarm yourself so you can be martyred.

Forum List

Back