Zone1 Question For Atheists

is your question WHY did the big bang occur? or HOW did the big bang occur.. or DID The big bang occur? there...did that help?
"There was actually another universe existing before the present one and the Big Bang merely marked the end of that universe. Evidence of that previous universe can still be observed these days," he said.May 10, 2022

Big Bounce is also just a theory.

If that's what your link is referencing, Moon, didn't click on it, don't feel like it...

Do you believe the Big Bang is not actually a theory? Evolution? According to the definition of the word.
The Big bang can't be a theory because there is no tangible evidence. It cannot be recreated in the lab. It is still an hypothesis. I'm not denying the research done to PROVE The Big Bang theory, but there is no evidence that gets past assumption.

The Big bang can't be a theory because there is no tangible evidence. It cannot be recreated in the lab. It is still an hypothesis. I'm not denying the research done to PROVE The Big Bang theory, but there is no evidence that gets past assumption.
Okay.

So the Big Bang is not a theory.

Is Evolution a theory?

"There was actually another universe existing before the present one and the Big Bang merely marked the end of that universe. Evidence of that previous universe can still be observed these days," he said.May 10, 2022

he doens't know that. There is no way for him to know that.

Okay.

So the Big Bang is not a theory.

Is Evolution a theory?

Evolution is definitely a theory...THEORY of Evolution.

Big Bang. Do they call that a theory?? when it is still just an hypothesis. I think they do call it a theory....the Big Bang Theory. It's really just bastardizing the definition isn't it. Most people don't know the definition of either term now. They see theory and take it as truth.

Technically there's no evidence for God either, but that's okay because His existence is based upon faith and it doesn't have to be proven. In fact that's sort of the point. Faith is believing in things you can't see or touch. Gravity is another example of it. You can't see it but you know it's still there. As well as love.

Evolution is definitely a theory...THEORY of Evolution.

Big Bang. Do they call that a theory?? when it is still just an hypothesis. I think they do call it a theory....the Big Bang Theory. It's really just bastardizing the definition isn't it. Most people don't know the definition of either term now. They see theory and take it as truth.
You should Google "Evidence of the Big Bang." See if you find anything interesting.

Technically there's no evidence for God either, but that's okay because His existence is based upon faith and it doesn't have to be proven. In fact that's sort of the point. Faith is believing in things you can't see or touch. Gravity is another example of it. You can't see it but you know it's still there. As well as love.
I do believe there is evidence for the existence of God/Christ...but it takes more faith to believe in the Big Bang Theory or the Theory of Evolution.

You should Google "Evidence of the Big Bang." See if you find anything interesting.
i have. Try to keep an open mind. Recognize that there is no tangible evidence for Big Bang.

do you know what observational/operational science and historical science are?
Evolution and Big Bang fit into the historical science category.
The Water Cycle is more the Observational or Operational science category...just as an example.

Last edited:
I do believe there is evidence for the existence of God/Christ...but it takes more faith to believe in the Big Bang Theory or the Theory of Evolution.

It depends on what you mean by evidence. There is historical evidence that Jesus existed, but I don't think that there's evidence that He was/is the Son of God. That relies on faith. Also, what makes you think that God didn't cause the big bang with the start of creation?

He spoke these things into existence. God doesn't yell...see Elijah (1 Kings 17>...God is that still small voice.

It depends on what you mean by evidence. There is historical evidence that Jesus existed, but I don't think that there's evidence that He was/is the Son of God. That relies on faith. Also, what makes you think that God didn't cause the big bang with the start of creation?
His miracles are evidence. He is recorded as saying so himself in a book that God inspired, and God is not a liar. Plus, others have said he was the Son of God and they died in horrific ways for saying that and not one denied it to save their own lives. The people in that day got to see first hand that he was the Son of God. THAT must have been awesome. Many saw it first hand and STILL would not believe it. WE have to rely on faith and i'm okay with that although I do believe he is who he says he is.

He spoke these things into existence. God doesn't yell...see Elijah (1 Kings 17>...God is that still small voice.

So? Who's to say that it didn't cause a bang since all the Bible says is that He created the world in six days. Not sure if that's literal or not, but at the beginning there could have been a bang when He said "let there be light."

His miracles are evidence. Heis recorded as saying so himself in a book that God inspired, and God is not a liar. The people in that day got to see first hand that he was the Son of God. WE have to rely on faith and i'm okay with that although I do believe he is who he says he is.

That's true for Christianity but science has not been able to prove the existence of God,.. but it doesn't deny it either.

So? Who's to say that it didn't cause a bang since all the Bible says is that He created the world in six days. Not sure if that's literal or not, but at the beginning there could have been a bang when He said "let there be light."
however you want to interpret it is fine with me.

That's true for Christianity but science has not been able to prove the existence of God,.. but it doesn't deny it either.
it doesn't want to. and the very fact that it tries so hard to present any other hypothesis/theory is evidence that they DO deny it. There Was a time when scientists WERE Believers. Many scientists got the inspiration from bible passages to go on to make the scientific discovery of valleys in the oceans, the water cycle, that the earth is round and is hung in the heavens/'river' currents in the ocean..the gulf stream, and more.

In Job 38:16, God asks, 'have you walked in the recesses (valleys) of the sea?' Up to that time, it was assumed that the bottom of the sea was saucer shaped and devoid of geographical features. It wasn't until 1873 that a group of Brit scientists discovered a trench in the ocean. Since that time we have learned that the bottom of the sea has hills, valleys, and trenches. Galileo used Amos 9:6 where God 'calls for the water of the sea. He pours it out on land.' Amos predates the hydrological cycle by several centuries. In defending his scientific principles, Galileo, in a letter to Madame Christina, said: 'I think in the first place that it is very pious to say and prudent to affirm that the Holy Bible can never speak untruth--whenever its true meaning is understood.

Forum List

Back