Queen Elizabeth Death Discussion Thread

You know, I realize that she was the longest reigning monarch in British history, I also realize that she was a pretty decent lady.

But, I'm still wondering why Americans care about anything having to do with the British royal family. I mean, didn't we kick them out and form our own country over 200 years ago? Why does the royal family still hold our interest?

You know, I realize that she was the longest reigning monarch in British history, I also realize that she was a pretty decent lady.

But, I'm still wondering why Americans care about anything having to do with the British royal family. I mean, didn't we kick them out and form our own country over 200 years ago? Why does the royal family still hold our interest?
Who answers?

Who answers?
A good question, most Anglophiles have English and / or United Kingdom heritage (.Scottish, Welsh, and Irish ) Some 90 + million Americans fit that category. Although It's probably nice to believe you're distantly related to kings and queens. My mother's side of the family has Polish royalty roots. She used to mention that once in a while.

You really need to be here to appreciate the levels of shit attached to this.
The establishment are using this event to reinfirce an outdated and irrelevant institution that oppresses all of us.
We laugh at North Korea and similar but it is really no different. A bloke got arrested yesterday for calling Andrew a paedo. A wman got arrested for holding up a sign that said "Not my King".
Those are extreme eamples where a policeman has made a bad call but the period of forced mourning is absolutely intolerable.
On saturday they stopped 7 year olds from playing football.
this is the state of play.
Then new king is a philanderer ho takes bribes off arab Sheikhs. His brother is a paedo who paid off an accuser with £12m. His mother gave him the cash to do so.
The king is head of the church now ,our spiritual leader.
they sit at the top of a pyramid of privilege and patronage that depends on subjugation of the people who do the work and keep the country running.
If I go to watch my team tonight I will be forced to stand thru a minutes silence to someone I care nothing about. That is tyranny.
As a Welshman I was told on friday that william is the new prince of Wales. Even our first minister found out on the tv news. That is how you treat a colony.
Fuck them all.
its a bit disjointed I know. But its not about a 90 year old woman. Its about control and power.
Sounds like a monarchy. :omg:

A good question, most Anglophiles have English and / or United Kingdom heritage (.Scottish, Welsh, and Irish ) Some 90 + million Americans fit that category. Although It's probably nice to believe you're distantly related to kings and queens. My mother's side of the family has Polish royalty roots. She used to mention that once in a while.
Lots of English blood in America. We are joined at the hip with England, always have been.

I am distantly related to the Kings of Thailand. True!

You really need to be here to appreciate the levels of shit attached to this.
The establishment are using this event to reinfirce an outdated and irrelevant institution that oppresses all of us.
We laugh at North Korea and similar but it is really no different. A bloke got arrested yesterday for calling Andrew a paedo. A wman got arrested for holding up a sign that said "Not my King".
Those are extreme eamples where a policeman has made a bad call but the period of forced mourning is absolutely intolerable.
On saturday they stopped 7 year olds from playing football.
this is the state of play.
Then new king is a philanderer ho takes bribes off arab Sheikhs. His brother is a paedo who paid off an accuser with £12m. His mother gave him the cash to do so.
The king is head of the church now ,our spiritual leader.
they sit at the top of a pyramid of privilege and patronage that depends on subjugation of the people who do the work and keep the country running.
If I go to watch my team tonight I will be forced to stand thru a minutes silence to someone I care nothing about. That is tyranny.
As a Welshman I was told on friday that william is the new prince of Wales. Even our first minister found out on the tv news. That is how you treat a colony.
Fuck them all.
its a bit disjointed I know. But its not about a 90 year old woman. Its about control and power.
What a truly scruffy minded little person you are Turdy .One of these lower class , low IQ peasants with giant chips on both shoulders .

you cared enough to post!!! :)
Maybe he cares that people actually think it's important and he finds it dusturbing as well. I know I do.
To me the Brits are still very the THE country who tried to take ours from us twice, and have also continued trying to influence us and control us in other ways as well, after all these years.

FUCK Britain.
And don't be afraid to treat British people who seem to be emigrating here more and more like SHIT.
And that goes for their Australian cousins too.

Reading some of the hot takes from across the pond in the past week, it seems like a few people are under the impression that Queen Elizabeth II, prior to her death on Thursday, was personally rounding up black and brown people across the world and herding them into concentration camps. Did they see a doctored photograph of her somewhere, poking her sceptre at some unfortunate colonials through barbed wire?

Before the queen’s death was even announced, CBS journalist Wesley Lowery churlishly referred to ‘the death of a person’ – white, natch – ‘who was also at one point the oppressive ruler of something like 30 per cent of the global population’. Poor Wesley seemed oblivious to the fact that Elizabeth was the monarch who oversaw the dismantling of the British Empire, not its expansion.

I very much understand those who would abolish the monarchy in favour of a republic, who criticise the royal family and who acknowledge the wrongs of colonialism. As a half-American, half-Irish former leftie I’m not the new king’s No1 fan. But the passing of Queen Elizabeth II has offered us further proof that woke media outlets reward mediocrity, thrive on resentment and have less-than-zero historical perspective. If I am forced to choose between the bitter clown show that is the American media and a family of rich Brits wearing crowns and playing polo, I will have to go with the latter. At least they seem like they can take a joke.

well said!

I am distantly related to the Kings of Thailand. True!
I work with a woman who's traced her lineage back to the Russian czars. It's probably more common than we know. Those kings had absolute power and that meant with the women too. I' m sure they did more than their share of populating the planet.

I work with a woman who's traced her lineage back to the Russian czars. It's probably more common than we know. Those kings had absolute power and that meant with the women too. I' m sure they did more than their share of populating the planet.

America has more royalty and kinsmen of King Charles, descendants of Queen Victoria, living within its shores than Great Britain.

The Russian Revolution suddenly changed the status of the aristocracy into taxi drivers, cleaners, nurses, and so on.

America has more royalty and kinsmen of King Charles, descendants of Queen Victoria, living within its shores than Great Britain.

The Russian Revolution suddenly changed the status of the aristocracy into taxi drivers, cleaners, nurses, and so on.
Agreed, she's a CMA.

Forum List

Back