Queen Elizabeth Death Discussion Thread

I agree with John Donne when he says that in a philosophical sense it's perfectly normal to feel sad, to mourn the death of a complete stranger:

any mans death diminishes me,
because I am involved in Mankinde;
And therefore never send to know for whom the bell tolls;
It tolls for thee.

Its a forced hysteria with people trying to out do each other. When Diana died I remember Noel from Oases saying that all these people were visiting her grave when they didnt vist the graves of theri own family. He was right.

I dont have any problem with their mourning. I have a problem with being forced to be a part of it. Have a look at this nonsense.

yes, Diana was a strange form of mass hysteria and I know a lot of people thought it was put on. I thought what had happened was people gave themselves permission to grieve when they would not normally do that and in that was possibly what Noel was speaking about. It was also a big finger up to the Royal family but at times that mass hysteria has been what it has seemed to me they were trying to get going now.

Yes I remember when I first heard someone saying they would not be working on Monday 19th 'in respect'. I thought ok, you are giving yourself a day off. It must be extremely annoying for those booked in to those camps.

Reading some of the hot takes from across the pond in the past week, it seems like a few people are under the impression that Queen Elizabeth II, prior to her death on Thursday, was personally rounding up black and brown people across the world and herding them into concentration camps. Did they see a doctored photograph of her somewhere, poking her sceptre at some unfortunate colonials through barbed wire?

Before the queen’s death was even announced, CBS journalist Wesley Lowery churlishly referred to ‘the death of a person’ – white, natch – ‘who was also at one point the oppressive ruler of something like 30 per cent of the global population’. Poor Wesley seemed oblivious to the fact that Elizabeth was the monarch who oversaw the dismantling of the British Empire, not its expansion.

I very much understand those who would abolish the monarchy in favour of a republic, who criticise the royal family and who acknowledge the wrongs of colonialism. As a half-American, half-Irish former leftie I’m not the new king’s No1 fan. But the passing of Queen Elizabeth II has offered us further proof that woke media outlets reward mediocrity, thrive on resentment and have less-than-zero historical perspective. If I am forced to choose between the bitter clown show that is the American media and a family of rich Brits wearing crowns and playing polo, I will have to go with the latter. At least they seem like they can take a joke.

You really need to be here to appreciate the levels of shit attached to this.
The establishment are using this event to reinfirce an outdated and irrelevant institution that oppresses all of us.
We laugh at North Korea and similar but it is really no different. A bloke got arrested yesterday for calling Andrew a paedo. A wman got arrested for holding up a sign that said "Not my King".
Those are extreme eamples where a policeman has made a bad call but the period of forced mourning is absolutely intolerable.
On saturday they stopped 7 year olds from playing football.
this is the state of play.
Then new king is a philanderer ho takes bribes off arab Sheikhs. His brother is a paedo who paid off an accuser with £12m. His mother gave him the cash to do so.
The king is head of the church now ,our spiritual leader.
they sit at the top of a pyramid of privilege and patronage that depends on subjugation of the people who do the work and keep the country running.
If I go to watch my team tonight I will be forced to stand thru a minutes silence to someone I care nothing about. That is tyranny.
As a Welshman I was told on friday that william is the new prince of Wales. Even our first minister found out on the tv news. That is how you treat a colony.
Fuck them all.
its a bit disjointed I know. But its not about a 90 year old woman. Its about control and power.

My mother is Liverpudlian. I lived there and went to school there during the Thatcher years (wasn't born in the UK, I lived there from 11-14 years of age). I thought it was okay. The Queen was just a figurehead. She literally has no power, but lent her name to many charities that do a lot of good. She has represented Britain - in good stead - on many occasions. Has held state banquets in honour of trade deals that have literally bought in billions of pounds in exports and imports. She also got rid of a lot of the useless royals who were on the Civil List and made them go and make their own living.

Andrew is a dick no doubt, but it takes two to tango. We have no idea if he is a pedo or not. Funny, all the images I've seen of the women who laid the complaint, she seems to be having a great time. Until 20 years later when she can made a dollar. If he did rape her, he needs to be put in prison, let alone lose all his military ranks. Otherwise, they are as bad as each other - he's a dirty old man, she's an opportunist. I do have a lot of time for Charlie. He was the one expousing issues about climate change, emissions and organic foods long before they became trendy. His Duchy of Cornwall donates a lot of its profits to his charities.

Also, nobody talks about the literally billions of pounds of revenue brought into the UK due to royalty and the tourism it attracts.

The guy wasn't arrested for calling Andrew a pedo, he was arrested for Disorderly Conduct and/or Disturbing the Peace. Even in the "land of the free" you're not allowed to yell 'fire' in a crowded theatre. He almost set the crowd off and the police saved his arse from a beating.

It is an archaic institution, but a historical one too that is pretty harmless these days.

You being Welsh, I get it. Especially if you want the country to split from the UK.

Football? What team? Swansea or Cardiff?

Last edited:
english mourn.jpg

My mother is Liverpudlian. I lived there and went to school there during the Thatcher years (wasn't born in the UK, I lived there from 11-14 years of age). I thought it was okay. The Queen was just a figurehead. She literally has no power, but lent her name to many charities that do a lot of good. She has represented Britain - in good stead - on many occasions. Has held state banquets in honour of trade deals that have literally bought in billions of pounds in exports and imports. She also got rid of a lot of the useless royals who were on the Civil List and made them go and make their own living.

Andrew is a dick no doubt, but it takes two to tango. We have no idea if he is a pedo or not. Funny, all the images I've seen of the women who laid the complaint, she seems to be having a great time. Until 20 years later when she can made a dollar. If he did rape her, he needs to be put in prison, let alone lose all his military ranks. Otherwise, they are as bad as each other - he's a dirty old man, she's an opportunist. I do have a lot of time for Charlie. He was the one expousing issues about climate change, emissions and organic foods long before they became trendy. His Duchy of Cornwall donates a lot of its profits to his charities.

Also, nobody talks about the literally billions of pounds of revenue brought into the UK due to royalty and the tourism it attracts.

The guy wasn't arrested for calling Andrew a pedo, he was arrested for Disorderly Conduct and/or Disturbing the Peace. Even in the "land of the free" you're not allowed to yell 'fire' in a crowded theatre. He almost set the crowd off and the police saved his arse from a beating.

It is an archaic institution, but a historical one too that is pretty harmless these days.

You being Welsh, I get it. Especially if you want the country to split from the UK.

Football? What team? Swansea or Cardiff?
Wrexham.

Well we arent going to agree on this. You are free to grieve as you see fit. So am I and I want no part of the nonsense.
Charles sacked all his staff the other day whilst he was at a service for his mother.
He doesnt need them now he has the queeens staff. That tells me all I want to know about him.

Wrexham.

Well we arent going to agree on this. You are free to grieve as you see fit. So am I and I want no part of the nonsense.
Charles sacked all his staff the other day whilst he was at a service for his mother.
He doesnt need them now he has the queeens staff. That tells me all I want to know about him.
That is not how you are seeing it. They were always going to be sacked when the Queen died and were told that when they got the job. I heard one of them speaking about it this morning. He said it is nothing to do with any decision of Charles it is simply that the jobs no longer exist given he is now king. I suspect most if not all of them will be kept on either with a name change or a slightly different role.

Wrexham.

What kind of an idiot keeps employees no longer needed? Oh wait....

That is not how you are seeing it. They were always going to be sacked when the Queen died and were told that when they got the job. I heard one of them speaking about it this morning. He said it is nothing to do with any decision of Charles it is simply that the jobs no longer exist given he is now king. I suspect most if not all of them will be kept on either with a name change or a slightly different role.
He could have shown some clas but didnt.

He could have shown some clas but didnt.
What do you mean? He will not have done it. Someone will have done it in his name. It is just part of protocol. When he stops being a Prince and becomes a King apparently all the people who were employed to look after the prince lose their jobs. They know this when they get their jobs. The guy this morning said it was nothing to do with Charles and he did not seem at all worried about losing his job. Like I said I am sure most if not all of them will still have jobs, just with different names.

Wrexham.

Oh God. You are a glutton for punishment. Wrexham. National Conference or something similar no?

Somebody had to be sacked. Either the Queen's staff or his. If he kept both people would be complaining he has too many on the pay roll. Lose-lose situation.

LOL at Brits and their antiquated feudal system.
If you watch the news in the UK, in the 4 mile queue to see the Queen lying in state, they were interviewing those that were waiting. The number that have flown in from America is staggering.

Each time I've been to the states, Americans always asked about the Royals when hearing our English accents. Unfortunately, America has fuck all history and only a President. You need Disney and the Space Centre to attract people.

If you watch the news in the UK, in the 4 mile queue to see the Queen lying in state, they were interviewing those that were waiting. The number that have flown in from America is staggering.

Each time I've been to the states, Americans always asked about the Royals when hearing our English accents. Unfortunately, America has fuck all history and only a President. You need Disney and the Space Centre to attract people.

We don't need royalty in America. Every man is a King and every woman is a Queen here.

Think about it. :04:

Forum List

Back