Putin says Russia to deploy tactical nuclear weapons in Belarus, Deployment wont violate nuclear nonproliferation agreement, Putin is quoted as saying

if the folks in russia want to build up their nukes, America ought to go with the same approach to counter those folks

To what end? It would just be another tit-for-tat escalation. We have submarine-launched nuclear cruise missiles that could reach any part of Russia in minutes. Having battlefield nukes makes no sense to me because they'd likely only be effective if field commanders had the authority to employ them in a tactical situation that would be decisive in breaking the enemy and ending the war.

I happen to believe that we will not only see them used someday, we'll see them used on America. And most of the world would cheer. At least, until they were made to feel the pain of the next hegemon.

It makes sense in that it's intended as security for Belarus.

The latest information on the war's progress is reliable and that means that America's intent on damaging Russia is failing.

This calls for a different set of tactics and Belarus could conceivably become a victim that could in some ways be seen as a legitimate Nato target, without a violation of the mutually agreed upon rules of the war.

A nuclear armed Belarus takes that option off the table.

Involving the UNSC is an unusual move by the Ukraine in the present circumstances.

It's calling into question the positions of the permanent members and the result of the vote will get much publicity.

It's probably most likely that this is America's and Britain's call to the Ukraine, to call to the UNSC, but it's hard to imagine why it would be attempted?

The issues of birth deformities and Cancer in Iraq, Kosovo, and other wars where the US has used D.U., is sure to be raised again.

• Banned
Rep McCaul: "these tactical nukes are disturbing, that they're in Belarus as well. this is saber rattling by Putin to freighten people exploiting Biden's weakness"

Litvo! Patrujo mia! simila al sano;
Vian grandan valoron ekkonas litvano
Vin perdinte. Belecon vian mi admiras,
Vidas ĝin kaj priskribas, ĉar hejmen sopiras.

Belarus! My country, like art thou to health,
For how to prize thee he alone can tell
Who has lost thee. I behold thy beauty now
In full adornment, and I sign of it
Because I long for thee.

Forum List

Back