Put Your Trust In The Experts

Weatherman2020

Diamond Member
Mar 3, 2013
Right coast, classified
Only a fool trusted the government response in 2020. Only useful idiots still trust the government in 2022.

Dr. Deborah Birx, who served in the Trump administration as part of the Covid response team, has admitted in her book and before Congress that much of the guidance issued to mitigate the pandemic was arbitrary. In her book Silent Invasion, she discusses the planning that went into an essential component of the strategy to handle Covid, one that has been roundly mocked: two weeks to stop the spread. The data used to back it up was from other countries, and Birx intentionally obfuscated her intentions for a robust lockdown.

Birx writes in her book, she writes about assembling a team that she could “trust” to “look at the numbers and provide unvarnished analysis free from a hidden or political agenda. There would be no groupthink within my inner circle.” But after deciding to trust the data, Birx noted that the “CDC didn’t have the demographic data [she] was looking for. Worse, the data it did have would never help paint an accurate picture of this pandemic outbreak.” […]

Despite not having adequate data, Birx pushed ahead with her plans to convince Trump and his advisors to go along with her mitigation plans. She writes that in March 2020, she met with the President, and her plan was to obfuscate her intentions for economic shutdowns, knowing that Trump was wary of anything that would tank the economy he had worked so hard to build.

“I couldn’t do anything that would reveal my true intention,” she writes, “to use the travel ban as one brick in the construction of a larger wall of protective measures we needed to enact very soon.” Trump’s team was more concerned about the impacts and potential for loss of lives to Americans of shutting society down. She blasts the administration for their concerns over the economy, concerns which have played out in real time to the point where the country could be facing devastating impacts, as is the globe.

Only a fool trusted the government response in 2020. Only useful idiots still trust the government in 2022.

Dr. Deborah Birx, who served in the Trump administration as part of the Covid response team, has admitted in her book and before Congress that much of the guidance issued to mitigate the pandemic was arbitrary. In her book Silent Invasion, she discusses the planning that went into an essential component of the strategy to handle Covid, one that has been roundly mocked: two weeks to stop the spread. The data used to back it up was from other countries, and Birx intentionally obfuscated her intentions for a robust lockdown.

Birx writes in her book, she writes about assembling a team that she could “trust” to “look at the numbers and provide unvarnished analysis free from a hidden or political agenda. There would be no groupthink within my inner circle.” But after deciding to trust the data, Birx noted that the “CDC didn’t have the demographic data [she] was looking for. Worse, the data it did have would never help paint an accurate picture of this pandemic outbreak.” […]

Despite not having adequate data, Birx pushed ahead with her plans to convince Trump and his advisors to go along with her mitigation plans. She writes that in March 2020, she met with the President, and her plan was to obfuscate her intentions for economic shutdowns, knowing that Trump was wary of anything that would tank the economy he had worked so hard to build.

“I couldn’t do anything that would reveal my true intention,” she writes, “to use the travel ban as one brick in the construction of a larger wall of protective measures we needed to enact very soon.” Trump’s team was more concerned about the impacts and potential for loss of lives to Americans of shutting society down. She blasts the administration for their concerns over the economy, concerns which have played out in real time to the point where the country could be facing devastating impacts, as is the globe.

My suspicion was always that these were raw guesstimates on their part. In turns out that the shutdowns were a precursor to the mail in ballots. I recall Faucis response in particular when the shutdown announcement was made, he looked like a kid trying to keep a secret.

No one will look after ones health better than oneself which is why it is incumbent on people to have access to broad theories from others. We can then rely on our critical thinking skills to sift out what makes most sense for ourselves.

have long been haunted by the fact that some of the worst ideas in history (such as slavery, racism, and eugenics) were successfully spread as the consensus of “the experts.”

How do I rely on experts ‘responsibly?’ How do I gain the crucial benefit of acting on expert knowledge while avoiding becoming one of the many people throughout history who supports something very wrong because they were told the ‘experts’ endorsed it?

When the stakes are this high, it is not enough to just go by what we are told the ‘experts’ say. We need to think critically, ask questions, and consider dissenting arguments

Forum List

Back