Public Unions are screwing this country over

80% are independent and have no affiliation to any larger organized labor groups.

Which doesn't make them private unions. I think the distinction is clear: if you negotiate with any level of gov't for your union contract agreement then you are a public union. If you are negotiating with a company or business or any other entity non-gov't entity then you are a private union. The point is than police unions contribute to the campaigns of those individuals who will serve their interests, I.E., mostly democrats by a wide margin. Therefore bad cops don't get fired as often or as soon as they should, as one big reason for that is the influence their union has over the politicians.

Or maybe you can tell me why the cop that kneeled on Floyd's neck for 8 minutes wasn't fired long ago. Or the other cases where we find out the cop involved in a suspect's death had previous misconduct allegations and charge against him but was still in uniform.

Why? What did he do before this incident?

I guess you don't believe in due process?

Sure I do, innocent until proven guilty. It's a bitch sometimes when a guilty person gets off scot free. BUT - the problem arises when a union has so much influence over politicians to include judges and DAs that they do not allow the same due process for the rest of us to apply to a cop. You don't think a cop should face the exact same evidentiary rules and investigative procedures that the rest of us do? I get it, it's a tough and dangerous job and there's gotta be some allowance for that.

Sure I do, innocent until proven guilty. It's a bitch sometimes when a guilty person gets off scot free. BUT - the problem arises when a union has so much influence over politicians to include judges and DAs that they do not allow the same due process for the rest of us to apply to a cop. You don't think a cop should face the exact same evidentiary rules and investigative procedures that the rest of us do? I get it, it's a tough and dangerous job and there's gotta be some allowance for that.

Public employee unions and politicians are on the same side of the negotiation table. Unions funnel huge amounts to the campaign coffers and provide free campaign labor (on the public's dime, btw). The negotiations are not honest - they are completely self-dealing.

I don't know about most public unions

But teachers and cop unions, our biggest, are always so terrible
80% are independent and have no affiliation to any larger organized labor groups.

Which doesn't make them private unions. I think the distinction is clear: if you negotiate with any level of gov't for your union contract agreement then you are a public union. If you are negotiating with a company or business or any other entity non-gov't entity then you are a private union. The point is than police unions contribute to the campaigns of those individuals who will serve their interests, I.E., mostly democrats by a wide margin. Therefore bad cops don't get fired as often or as soon as they should, as one big reason for that is the influence their union has over the politicians.

Or maybe you can tell me why the cop that kneeled on Floyd's neck for 8 minutes wasn't fired long ago. Or the other cases where we find out the cop involved in a suspect's death had previous misconduct allegations and charge against him but was still in uniform.

Why? What did he do before this incident?

He did some other things, i dont' recall exactly

But Amy Klobacheur had some interaction with him and declined to prosecute, it's why she bowed out fo the race. She could have been blamed for Floyd's death she was in a position to do something at one point in her career, about that specific cop.

He definitely had a lot worse job record than the other 3 cops he was with.

Public employee unions and politicians are on the same side of the negotiation table. Unions funnel huge amounts to the campaign coffers and provide free campaign labor (on the public's dime, btw). The negotiations are not honest - they are completely self-dealing.

wut lol cop unions and their mayors are not self dealing

Big cities are run by democrats

Cops are republicans

Nuf said

Teachers are just a wild bunch of women who knows what they're thinking. i'm sure they're democrats but i'm also sure they ain't paying to play

Government employees should not be permitted to unionize. Even Franklin Roosevelt understood that.
why?.....do they get treated better by the asswipes who are in charge?...
Government employee unions have one purpose: to allow the members to continue to GORGE at the public trough.
i can only talk about the PO.....BUT who is there to defend the workers from the assholes who run the place?...and the PO has some real asswipes in middle management....

Cops are republicans

Nuf said

Teachers are just a wild bunch of women who knows what they're thinking. i'm sure they're democrats but i'm also sure they ain't paying to play

There are a lot of males out there in for a shock. Do you mean to tell me I was a woman for 21 years and didn't know?

Ask the cops in the Breonna Taylor shooting how well they have been treated.

Cops are republicans

Nuf said

There are a lot of males out there in for a shock. Do you mean to tell me I was a woman for 21 years and didn't know?

Not enough men to matter on policy

Probably more conservative women than there are men in teaching, which is odd in any scenario in 2021

What is the % break down at your school assuming it's public? I'm sure it's less than 1/10 men outside PE

Government employees should not be permitted to unionize. Even Franklin Roosevelt understood that.
They can collectively bargain but can’t strike.
They have no right to bargain for pay or benefits.

Now let's talk about the police unions. You want to know why so many bad cops are still on the job after multiple incidents of misconduct? In many cases it's because the police unions (and teacher's unions) have made it next to impossible to fire a bad cop or teacher. And in many cases, the people who are supposed to be weeding those people out of our schools and streets are not doing their job. Why? Because they're democrats that get union campaign money to get re-elected.
It is not sufficient to fire bad cops. Off-duty cops as well as former cops are too well armed, and they join gangs of thieves, robbers, extortioners, and vigilantes who frame law-abiding suspects on illegal weapon charges. You've got to put the bad cops in PRISON for their misconduct. The union is letting cops get away with murder-for-hire, extortion, grand larceny, promoting and compelling prostitution, and a whole laundry list of other deeds that would be considered crimes if they were committed by anyone who is not a cop.
Maybe instead of defunding the cops, people should defund the Democratic Party.
You sure aren't going to deprive any of those hard-working Democrat labor-union cops on the beat of their wages, salaries, benefits, pension plans, and retirement, are you? Every last one of those gun-grabbing cops is dressed in solid Democrat blue, it seems.

Where does all this Republican small-town law money come from anyways? Property taxes and foreclosures? Traffic fines and vehicle impound auctions? Business-and-occupations tax? Fuel taxes?
It goes to show even Republicans can only be trusted up to a point not to play the same old dirty tricks of Democrats in office, especially in smaller communities where they have a great deal of local political power but are not well supervised by their higher-ups.

Probably more conservative women than there are men in teaching, which is odd in any scenario in 2021
Conservative women? You mean man-hating lesbians?

Are there men in teaching? At high school level or below? Absolutely not! City Hall is too full of Jewish health district immunizations etc. A male schoolteacher is nothing but a child molestation charge from a disgruntled parent waiting to happen. Boys do need male role models, of course, that's the truth, but that's not what the hookers and single mothers in charge of the school district want or are willing to tolerate. They want the power to tell their own lies to the children with total impunity, and have the cops enforce their word as law on everybody else no matter what.

So you can't fire a cop?
Police are a group of private unions.

Police unions in the United States include a large number and patchwork variety of organizations. Of those unions which conduct labor negotiations on behalf of its police members, 80% are independent and have no affiliation to any larger organized labor groups.
Is that a yes or no?

So you can't fire a cop?

Look at the numbers, how many bad cops are still out there and have multiple misconduct reports and allegations against them. Cops can be fired, we saw it last year a few times but in some places it doesn't happen as often as it should. Case in point: the Minnesota cop who had his knee on George Floyd's neck for 8 minutes. He never should have been on the force IMHO, but the democrats in charge and the police union up there kept him in uniform and able to do what he did.

If they can be fired after a national headline grabbing murder, they can be fired for a lesser crime. Supervisors need to do a better job.

...because this encourages the worst type of CORRUPTION. Politicians are supposed to represent the taxpayers in negotiations with unions.

Instead the politicians are in cahoots with the unions. Politicians raise taxes and use the money to buy votes from the public unions in a blatant breach of their fiduciary duty to the taxpayers. Per the kickback scheme the public unions then work and vote to re-elect the politician.

Nobody is representing the taxpayers who get vampire sucked to pay for the vote bribes e.g. sky high salaries, pensions, benefits, and early retirement.

So you can't fire a cop?

Police unions in the United States include a large number and patchwork variety of organizations. Of those unions which conduct labor negotiations on behalf of its police members, 80% are independent and have no affiliation to any larger organized labor groups.

What difference does it make whether they are large or small unions.

So you can't fire a cop?

Is that a yes or no?
I wasn't really answering your question directly but
yes. Now please don't ask me to elaborate, twisted sister. I have other fish to fry .

Forum List

Back