Public Unions are screwing this country over

So you can't fire a cop?
Police are a group of private unions.

Police unions in the United States include a large number and patchwork variety of organizations. Of those unions which conduct labor negotiations on behalf of its police members, 80% are independent and have no affiliation to any larger organized labor groups.

What difference does it make whether they are large or small unions.
Essentially none. I'm not arguing they don't have too much influence in Washington.
Police unions have been one of the biggest lobbyists against legalizing weed -- along with Prison guards, Big Pharma, Big alcohol ( why ? ) and big tobacco (why again?) and of course the paper and textile industries with patents on tree and cotton production. But now hemp is legal thanks to Trump.

So you can't fire a cop?
Police are a group of private unions.

Police unions in the United States include a large number and patchwork variety of organizations. Of those unions which conduct labor negotiations on behalf of its police members, 80% are independent and have no affiliation to any larger organized labor groups.
Is that a yes or no?
I wasn't really answering your question directly but
yes. Now please don't ask me to elaborate, twisted sister. I have other fish to fry .

Correct...you can fire a cop.

You can't bear arms against the people and go on strike like that for wages, pay, salaries, benefits, pension plans and retirement etc.
You are at war against us the people when you grab our guns and pull those dirty labor tricks.

You can't bear arms against the people and go on strike like that for wages, pay, salaries, benefits, pension plans and retirement etc.
You are at war against us the people when you grab our guns and pull those dirty labor tricks.
They have more power than you know....for many cops--it's just their day job.
Uncle Sam has undercover federal agents from those 3-letter organizations we all love so much in all walks of life, including the #1 probably - police officers. And undercover and off-duty cops are everywhere all the time.

CDC Makes The Case For Schools Reopening
January 26, 20215:46 PM ET

Data from K-12 schools that reopened for in-person instruction in the fall show little evidence that schools contributed meaningfully to the spread of COVID-19, according to a new article published Tuesday in JAMA, the journal of the American Medical Association.

The overview from the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, authored by three of its scientists, represents the clearest view yet of the facts behind what has become a heated debate over when and how schools should reopen.

Last spring and into fall, schools across the country closed — and many remain closed — out of fear that allowing students and staff to return to school buildings would drive communitywide spread of the virus, much as nursing homes and crowded bars have done.

The CDC report says data from reopened classrooms show that "the type of rapid spread that was frequently observed in congregate living facilities or high-density worksites has not been reported in education settings in schools."

Meanwhile, evidence mounts of the social, emotional and academic toll remote learning has taken on children, especially in already vulnerable, low-income communities.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Chicago students still stuck at home as teachers, district squabble
By Brendan O'Brien 1 day ago

CHICAGO (Reuters) - The Chicago teachers' union told its members on Wednesday to remain at home and vowed further job actions if the district moved to discipline them, delaying a staggered reopening of schools that began earlier this month.

Pre-school and special education students, who had returned to classrooms on Jan. 11, were told there would be no school on Thursday. And the return next week of some 70,000 elementary and middle school students to in-person teaching is now in question.

Chicago Public Schools, the nation's third-largest school district, has been trying to reopen its classrooms after students had been kept home for months by the COVID-19 pandemic.

The district, which oversees 355,000 students, ordered 10,000 teachers back to work on Wednesday despite a vote by 71% of union members to keep teaching remotely until a stronger health and safety agreement is reached.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Now let's talk about the police unions. You want to know why so many bad cops are still on the job after multiple incidents of misconduct? In many cases it's because the police unions (and teacher's unions) have made it next to impossible to fire a bad cop or teacher. And in many cases, the people who are supposed to be weeding those people out of our schools and streets are not doing their job. Why? Because they're democrats that get union campaign money to get re-elected.

Maybe instead of defunding the cops, people should defund the Democratic Party.

Fire them all! Replace with with people who can actually teach

I guess you don't believe in due process?

Sure I do, innocent until proven guilty. It's a bitch sometimes when a guilty person gets off scot free. BUT - the problem arises when a union has so much influence over politicians to include judges and DAs that they do not allow the same due process for the rest of us to apply to a cop. You don't think a cop should face the exact same evidentiary rules and investigative procedures that the rest of us do? I get it, it's a tough and dangerous job and there's gotta be some allowance for that.

Public employee unions and politicians are on the same side of the negotiation table. Unions funnel huge amounts to the campaign coffers and provide free campaign labor (on the public's dime, btw). The negotiations are not honest - they are completely self-dealing.

wut lol cop unions and their mayors are not self dealing

Big cities are run by democrats

Cops are republicans

Nuf said

Teachers are just a wild bunch of women who knows what they're thinking. i'm sure they're democrats but i'm also sure they ain't paying to play

There are a lot of males out there in for a shock. Do you mean to tell me I was a woman for 21 years and didn't know?

Not enough men to matter on policy

Probably more conservative women than there are men in teaching, which is odd in any scenario in 2021

What is the % break down at your school assuming it's public? I'm sure it's less than 1/10 men outside PE

Elementary schools are mostly female. Middle schools have about a 70/30% split from what I have seen. For high schools it is the exact opposite. Most administrators at the middle and high school are predominantly men.

Data from K-12 schools that reopened for in-person instruction in the fall show little evidence that schools contributed meaningfully to the spread of COVID-19, according to a new article published Tuesday in JAMA, the journal of the American Medical Association.

The overview from the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, authored by three of its scientists, represents the clearest view yet of the facts behind what has become a heated debate over when and how schools should reopen.

Last spring and into fall, schools across the country closed — and many remain closed — out of fear that allowing students and staff to return to school buildings would drive communitywide spread of the virus, much as nursing homes and crowded bars have done.

The CDC report says data from reopened classrooms show that "the type of rapid spread that was frequently observed in congregate living facilities or high-density worksites has not been reported in education settings in schools."

Meanwhile, evidence mounts of the social, emotional and academic toll remote learning has taken on children, especially in already vulnerable, low-income communities.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

CHICAGO (Reuters) - The Chicago teachers' union told its members on Wednesday to remain at home and vowed further job actions if the district moved to discipline them, delaying a staggered reopening of schools that began earlier this month.

Pre-school and special education students, who had returned to classrooms on Jan. 11, were told there would be no school on Thursday. And the return next week of some 70,000 elementary and middle school students to in-person teaching is now in question.

Chicago Public Schools, the nation's third-largest school district, has been trying to reopen its classrooms after students had been kept home for months by the COVID-19 pandemic.

The district, which oversees 355,000 students, ordered 10,000 teachers back to work on Wednesday despite a vote by 71% of union members to keep teaching remotely until a stronger health and safety agreement is reached.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Now let's talk about the police unions. You want to know why so many bad cops are still on the job after multiple incidents of misconduct? In many cases it's because the police unions (and teacher's unions) have made it next to impossible to fire a bad cop or teacher. And in many cases, the people who are supposed to be weeding those people out of our schools and streets are not doing their job. Why? Because they're democrats that get union campaign money to get re-elected.

Fire them all! Replace with with people who can actually teach

When were you a teacher?

Probably more conservative women than there are men in teaching, which is odd in any scenario in 2021
Conservative women? You mean man-hating lesbians?

Are there men in teaching? At high school level or below? Absolutely not! City Hall is too full of Jewish health district immunizations etc. A male schoolteacher is nothing but a child molestation charge from a disgruntled parent waiting to happen. Boys do need male role models, of course, that's the truth, but that's not what the hookers and single mothers in charge of the school district want or are willing to tolerate. They want the power to tell their own lies to the children with total impunity, and have the cops enforce their word as law on everybody else no matter what.

ok simmer down there

i had conservative female teachers, they weren't preachy about much but god and the national anthem

I assume had i grew up in rural kansas instead of suburban illinois they'd have been a lot more conservative.

Sure I do, innocent until proven guilty. It's a bitch sometimes when a guilty person gets off scot free. BUT - the problem arises when a union has so much influence over politicians to include judges and DAs that they do not allow the same due process for the rest of us to apply to a cop. You don't think a cop should face the exact same evidentiary rules and investigative procedures that the rest of us do? I get it, it's a tough and dangerous job and there's gotta be some allowance for that.

Public employee unions and politicians are on the same side of the negotiation table. Unions funnel huge amounts to the campaign coffers and provide free campaign labor (on the public's dime, btw). The negotiations are not honest - they are completely self-dealing.

Cops are republicans

Nuf said

Teachers are just a wild bunch of women who knows what they're thinking. i'm sure they're democrats but i'm also sure they ain't paying to play

There are a lot of males out there in for a shock. Do you mean to tell me I was a woman for 21 years and didn't know?

What is the % break down at your school assuming it's public? I'm sure it's less than 1/10 men outside PE

Elementary schools are mostly female. Middle schools have about a 70/30% split from what I have seen. For high schools it is the exact opposite. Most administrators at the middle and high school are predominantly men.

Admins aren't teachers....They're not members of the teachers union? Maybe some are?

Other than PE/Shop each of the disciplines is dominated by women K-12. Even if you broke it down to high school it would still skew very highly women.

If this was a male dominated field you'd all be back to work by now. For the children (which for once seems reasonable)

Government employees should not be permitted to unionize. Even Franklin Roosevelt understood that.

...because this encourages the worst type of CORRUPTION. Politicians are supposed to represent the taxpayers in negotiations with unions.

Instead the politicians are in cahoots with the unions. Politicians raise taxes and use the money to buy votes from the public unions in a blatant breach of their fiduciary duty to the taxpayers. Per the kickback scheme the public unions then work and vote to re-elect the politician.

Nobody is representing the taxpayers who get vampire sucked to pay for the vote bribes e.g. sky high salaries, pensions, benefits, and early retirement.

You need to look up the meaning of "fiduciary duty".

Who represents the taxpayer when Donald Trump bills the Treasury for his golfing trips? You seem awfully pissed about the relationship between the government and the unions, but have no concerns about the relationships between senior members of government like Dick Cheney, giving billions of dollars in untendered contracts to Haliburton.

A.

A. K. A. Democrats. Sound familiar?

Are there men in teaching? At high school level or below? Absolutely not! City Hall is too full of Jewish health district immunizations etc. A male schoolteacher is nothing but a child molestation charge from a disgruntled parent waiting to happen. Boys do need male role models, of course, that's the truth, but that's not what the hookers and single mothers in charge of the school district want or are willing to tolerate. They want the power to tell their own lies to the children with total impunity, and have the cops enforce their word as law on everybody else no matter what.

ok simmer down there

i had conservative female teachers, they weren't preachy about much but god and the national anthem

I assume had i grew up in rural kansas instead of suburban illinois they'd have been a lot more conservative.

Cops are republicans

Nuf said

Admins aren't teachers....They're not members of the teachers union? Maybe some are?

Other than PE/Shop each of the disciplines is dominated by women K-12. Even if you broke it down to high school it would still skew very highly women.

If this was a male dominated field you'd all be back to work by now. For the children (which for once seems reasonable)

Yes, let's get the kids back to school, fuck the staff.

Are you on some sort of drugs?

ok simmer down there

Cops are republicans

Nuf said

Yes, if they want to stay home then they can and just not get paid

Those who want to work can work

It's how it works literally everywhere else.

Clearly teachers cannot teach small children remotely. Why the fuck should i care about these teachers if they clearly don't care about the children?

Cops aren't out there remotely being cops. You're at risk? Fine stay home and don't get paid and let some one else teach the children.

ok simmer down there

Cops are republicans

Nuf said

Get out the snow shoes - Hell Hath Frozen Over. I agreeth with Dragonlady.

Yes, let's get the kids back to school. It's immoral that healthy adults are hurting kids by denying them an education and keeping them isolated.

Open the Schools Now.

Open the entire country.

All business, jobs and people are essential.

ok simmer down there

Cops are republicans

Nuf said

Yes, let's get the kids back to school. It's immoral that healthy adults are hurting kids by denying them an education and keeping them isolated.

Open the Schools Now.

Open the entire country.

In every other industry if you can't do your job remotely, you come in or don't get paid

teachers cannot do their job

They want it both ways, they need to stay home fine. Beyond guarantees they can get a job when they want it they deserve NOTHING.

Why teachers think they're so important as they undercut the sole reason for their status in our society (their assumed love for the children) is beyond me.

Fuck the teachers unions who won't go back

And fuck anyone defending them. THeir financial status is not more important than a generation of children's education and socialization you useless *****

ok simmer down there

Cops are republicans

Nuf said

Open the Schools Now.

Open the entire country.

Doing your COVID Victory Dance already?

100,000 deaths a month not enough?

ok simmer down there

Cops are republicans

Nuf said

Open the Schools Now.

Open the entire country.

Doing your COVID Victory Dance already?

100,000 deaths a month not enough?

lol have you not figured out how these PCR tests work? ALl those numbers are tainted

We've gone from 35 cycles to 27 already. Coincidentally people started being sane right after Trump left office. Might even need to get lower

It's been a fucking year time to figure out some of the basics here not just appeals to authority.

Prove me wrong......

I’ll wait

Still waiting........

I'm in the same union with some public employees. They absolutely and unequivocally do bargain for pay and benefits! State and local employees can, federal cannot.

You're still so full of shit it is bubbling out your ears.

Forum List

Back