Protests after man shot and killed at a funeral.

The article said the criminal pulled a gun. He could have killed not only the cops, but innocent people at the funeral.
I understand, but your US News Article quotes Evelyn O'Dell as saying "
When the casket was placed in the hearse, officers were heard shouting the fugitive's name, she said.
“He just took his dad out and put him in the car, carried the casket out, and he came over and I was hugging him, and next thing I know, somebody yelled ‘Jason!’ and then, you know, ‘boom, boom, boom, boom, boom, boom, boom,’” O’Dell told WBOY (
whoever that is). “He didn’t have a chance to do nothing.” So we literally have a he said "spokesman for LE" / she said, "spokesman for the family" saying two different things and others in the previous article backing up what she said. Advantage, at this point only going to firepower on target, not the fact or right/wrong of circumstance. There will have to be some clarification and additional release, for LE to get by with their position. I don't know and neither do you, but the ones with the government guns don't automatically deserve a pass, just because they are law enforcement.

So far that seems to be the case. Well actually, it seems he never got the opportunity to comply.
That seems EXTREMELY unlikely. I can only think of 2 times EVER when a cop shot someone who wasnt doing anything wrong.

If he was fighting with the police, who gives a shit if they shot him? I sure as hell dont. That should be standard operating procedure for all violent police interactions. :dunno:

Pretty busy day for a pallbearer.

That last one was a volatile situation.

You wouldn't give two shits if that black guy HAD been armed and HAD killed that cop. But the cop killing the dude you go apeshit over. His hands were not up over his head like they should have been. It was dark and the cops were on edge with the dog. Guy had something in his hands when the cops opened the door. He should have had his hands up. Empty.

I doubt he'll get in trouble for this. That would be the 13% at it again.

Last edited:
The article said the criminal pulled a gun. He could have killed not only the cops, but innocent people at the funeral.
Fine. Let's see it. Lets read of a witness corroboration. If he did in fact pull, I will applaud the action and their marksmanship from across the street, as I cannot be counted as a big sanctity of human life kind of guy. I just think we deserve to hear more to satisfy the mind something was done right, other than the flat statement with no support. I have been personally lied to by government people of letters, while in a foreign country, supposedly on the same side. Since then, I usually want verification. Hell, they could shoot me, and me with every "good-guy" ID in the book on my person and positive files in all major agencies, supporting. Does no good if Americans are conditioned to accept everything they say at face value without verification. As a whole, they are good people and on the whole, think well of me, if thinking of me at all, but yes. They have been known to lie and cover up, though I am not accusing them of that in this case. Just saying, "show us something, that we might verify their fine service in this case."

It's good to see that protests are expanding for police actions that appear unjustified. So far the police are tight lipped. Witnesses state that they called the man's name and then opened fire. They say he was armed, while witnesses say he was not.

Is it wise to go into a situation like a funeral home and open fire? Would it not make more sense to wait for the man to come outside?

Relatives and supporters protested outside the Harrison County Courthouse last week, accusing law enforcement authorities of overreach in the death of Owens, who was white. A Facebook page called Justice for Jason Owens has swelled to about 800 members — more than half of the population of Nutter Fort, where Owens was killed.

Family wants answers after pallbearer killed by officers

It appears as if this is a case of vigilante justice on the part of law enforcement. The man had fought an officer before and committed a parole violation which gave the cops justification in their eyes to come guns a blazing to seek revenge.

Hopefully the protesters learned the lesson about burning things down to get answers when they are not forthcoming.

This always happens.
The onlookers say the person wasnt armed and body cams show different.
Nothing new here,they just need to get the vids out before they start rioting.

What body cams? The police have released nothing.

The burning of things unfortunately happens because the police don't release what they have.

That doesn't mean they dont have anything.
They've done this in the past and we end up with riots if they showed them promptly it might curtail the violence.

No the burning of "things" happen because blacks cant seem to wait for the vids and they have poor emotional control.
Resorting to violence is their go to action every damn time.

That doesn't mean they dont have anything.
They've done this in the past and we end up with riots if they showed them promptly it might curtail the violence.

No the burning of "things" happen because blacks cant seem to wait for the vids and they have poor emotional control.
Resorting to violence is their go to action every damn time.

The excuses in the past is it takes months, even years to investigate. Things burned and all of a sudden things happened pretty quick.

Something doesn't sound right here. Two cops who probably don't even know this guy are willing to face murder charges for what? There was nothing in it for them by killing the guy, especially in front of dozens of witnesses.

The media loves to stir things up so they omit things that would justify police doing something like this. When the entire story comes out, never an apology from them for making things up or not putting all the facts in their story.

That is bizarre on the face of it. If taken at face value as facts, the statements in the article, would make this action totally indefensible.:eek:

Yeah......before you go all "Woke Warrior," against the police, I would wait to see what actually happened...

Something doesn't sound right here. Two cops who probably don't even know this guy are willing to face murder charges for what? There was nothing in it for them by killing the guy, especially in front of dozens of witnesses.

The media loves to stir things up so they omit things that would justify police doing something like this. When the entire story comes out, never an apology from them for making things up or not putting all the facts in their story.

don't you realize that cops actually go out on patrol each day hoping to simply murder people?

The left are so fucking insane.........and then they wonder why crime is up in every democrat party controlled city....

Yeah......before you go all "Woke Warrior," against the police, I would wait to see what actually happened...
Oh, I'm waiting. The probably should release more info.

Forum List

Back