Deputies ‘ambushed’, killed while serving warrant, Cobb County sheriff says

1srelluc

Diamond Member
Nov 21, 2021
Shenandoah Valley of Virginia
COBB COUNTY, Ga. — Two deputies with the Cobb County Sheriff’s Office were killed Thursday evening after being shot, Sheriff Craig D. Owens said.

Owens said the deputies were serving a warrant on Thursday night when they were ambushed.

“What I can tell you in this moment is this -- in plain terms it is simple, my two deputies were ambushed this evening and killed,” Owens said. “The two suspects we believe are the perpetrators of this crime are currently in custody and are being held at the Cobb County Police Department for questioning.”

The name of the deputies killed and the suspects have not been released.

Deputies ‘ambushed’, killed while serving warrant, Cobb County sheriff says

It's being said that the perp/perps are white, one with a history of mental illness.

No one IMO has the right to take the life of another outside of direct self defense. I do not see that defense here. Let the punishment fit the crime.

I gain more respect for law enforcement every damn day, not only do they deal with the dregs of society daily., but they can be killed in an instant. Always hate reading stories like this.

I gain more respect for law enforcement every damn day, not only do they deal with the dregs of society daily., but they can be killed in an instant. Always hate reading stories like this.
It was not a "hood" by any stretch 500K+ homes.

The livestream is saying it was a straight ambush. Sheriffs showed up. Rang door no answer. As they were about to drive away another car pulls up and the suspects jump out and opened up on sheriffs

Warrant was a “failure to appear … theft”

Both Suspects in custody (alive).

Two grown brothers living with mom in house.
Mom wouldn’t help with house layout.

359B6FCE-C72D-4EC3-8215-2F9034F42B99_jpe-2519532.JPG

Sounds like "Ma Barker" alerted her boys who rolled in for the ambush, then she refused to give layout info on the house.

LE needs to grab her phone and see if she called them and give an accessory to murder charge.

Wow, they trashed their house, I hope her insurance has lapsed. Totally agree that she should be charged as an accessory. I really hope she is arrested. Anyone who kills LE should be fast tracked to death row. This is one of the deadliest situations that officers face, showing up with a warrant. We had a small town deputy killed doing the same thing this summer. Perp of course claimed mental illness, but he was sentenced to life anyway. No DP in Illinois, which is a damn shame.

Wow, they trashed their house, I hope her insurance has lapsed. Totally agree that she should be charged as an accessory. I really hope she is arrested. Anyone who kills LE should be fast tracked to death row.
I would have liked to have seen that. Shame the perps are still alive.

It just goes to show how serving a pretty minor warrant can go sideways in a hurry.

1663115789188.png

Where are the usual name callers?

Where are the crime thread starters?

Did these murders take place in the Hood?

How many BLM members were involved in this crime?

Why hasn't this thread received any attention?

Forum List

Back