Protection of Truth?

DGS49

Diamond Member
Apr 12, 2012
Pittsburgh
Over the past year, we have all read "news" accounts of various people - usually Right Wingers - being accused of all sorts of hateful sentiments for challenging the Leftist Narrative about trans-genderism.

I wonder if there is any way of using the First Amendment to PROTECT statements that are manifestly true.

For example, what if I'm a public official, and I publicly state that the Surgeon General of the United States is a man who dresses like, and pretends to be, a woman. Such a statement would give the entire Leftist Media a case of the vapors, and draw all sorts of criticisms, get the public official impeached, and on and on.

But does it count for nothing that what he said was TRUE?

Imagine a similar thing on any one of today's American college campuses. A student - let's say the President of the college Republican Club - says in a speech that the entire DEI apparatus on campus is "racist." It is manifestly true. Check the definition of "racism" and look what they are doing: treating people differently because of their race and/or ethnicity. That is racist.

Is there some way of preventing the University from sanctioning the person because of the truth of what he says? In today's climate s/he would be prevented from even making the argument that the statement is true, and s/he would be sanctioned promptly and severely for that truthful statement, because it simply made some people uncomfortable.

Maybe we need a new agency of the Federal Government called the "Truth Brigade" or something.

Forum List

Back