The Constitution and States Rights

usmcstinger

Gold Member
Dec 31, 2011
“The powers not delegated to the United States by the Constitution, nor prohibited by it to the States, are reserved to the States respectively, or to the people”.

States’ rights refer to the political rights and powers granted to the states of the United States by the U.S. Constitution.

• Under the doctrine of states’ rights, the federal government is not allowed to interfere with the powers of the states reserved or implied to them by the 10th Amendment to the U.S. Constitution.
  • Marriage (ie age of consent), Medical Insurance, Driving Age, Home Insurance, State Courts and sentencing, etc. are all guaranteed by the Constitution. Do you want a federal law that allows brother and sisters to marry? Should the Feds allow a man to have 5 wives. Should they establish the Marriage Law that allows men to marry 10 year old Girls?

States Rights is a euphemism to cover up attempts by the states to remove individual rights of its citizens

It has been used to defend slavery, Jim Crow, anti-gay rights, restrictions on voting

“The powers not delegated to the United States by the Constitution, nor prohibited by it to the States, are reserved to the States respectively, or to the people”.

States’ rights refer to the political rights and powers granted to the states of the United States by the U.S. Constitution.

• Under the doctrine of states’ rights, the federal government is not allowed to interfere with the powers of the states reserved or implied to them by the 10th Amendment to the U.S. Constitution.
  • Marriage (ie age of consent), Medical Insurance, Driving Age, Home Insurance, State Courts and sentencing, etc. are all guaranteed by the Constitution. Do you want a federal law that allows brother and sisters to marry? Should the Feds allow a man to have 5 wives. Should they establish the Marriage Law that allows men to marry 10 year old Girls?

This was settled in 1865.

States have no rights.

The people in the states have rights.

State governments. ARE STILL GOVERNMENTS

The enumeration in the Constitution, of certain rights, shall not be construed to deny or disparage others retained by the people.

That means no state government can either shit for brains.

No State shall make or enforce any law which shall abridge the privileges or immunities of citizens of the United States; nor shall any State deprive any person of life, liberty, or property, without due process of law; nor deny to any person within its jurisdiction the equal protection of the laws.

Wait. What was that? No state? NO STATE. DID THEY SAY NO STATE?

AS IN NO STATE?

Looks like those rights are pretty limited to me. Or anybody that can read, and interpret what they're reading.

Let me say it again. STATES HAVE NO FUCKING RIGHTS.

Only the people in those states have rights.

And even the people in those states CANNOT ENFORCE ANY LAWS that deny or disparage any of the other peoples rights in those states.

Now you know these worthless fucks know nothing of the Constitution. Example: When jan napolitano became governor of Arizona we were $2 billion in the black. From her free give away to illegals we were $2 billion in the red. She had two plans to get it back. Plan one to put slot machines in our airports taking out of staters for their chump change. Plan two have an overseas company put speed cameras on our freeways that charged twice as much money for a speeding ticket with most of the cash going to the company. SHOWING SHE DON'T KNOW SHIT ABOUT THE CONSTITUTION.She chose two. It was a game for me getting enough of those tickets to paper a wall, sometimes 4 or 5 a day. But until that camera can raise it's hand, swear to tell the truth, take the stand, then point it's finger at me saying "that is the speeder" I as most people ignored them. To prove all democRats are also stupid obama made her head of homeland security, the worst idiot for the job. This dyke put fliers up in all our government buildings having golden dollar signs on them telling illegals they have nothing to fear of deportation with a list of freebees of what she would give them, housing, medical, food, emergency cash, transportation, schooling, job training, child care and even rest homes for the elderly, what Americans only dream of, a typical democRat.

States have no rights.

State governments. ARE STILL GOVERNMENTS

The enumeration in the Constitution, of certain rights, shall not be construed to deny or disparage others retained by the people.

That means no state government can either shit for brains.

No State shall make or enforce any law which shall abridge the privileges or immunities of citizens of the United States; nor shall any State deprive any person of life, liberty, or property, without due process of law; nor deny to any person within its jurisdiction the equal protection of the laws.

AS IN NO STATE?

Looks like those rights are pretty limited to me. Or anybody that can read, and interpret what they're reading.

And even the people in those states CANNOT ENFORCE ANY LAWS that deny or disparage any of the other peoples rights in those states.
As I said democRats don't know the Constitution or their rights and I don't give a shit because if you don't know your rights then you don't deserve any.

The Constitution does not grant any power to the States; that is up to their own State Constitutions to do. The US Constitution grants and limits power to the US Federal Government.

The Constitution does occasionally place limits on the State government. For example, the 19th Amendment gives women the Constitutional right to vote by stating:
The right of citizens of the United States to vote shall not be denied or abridged by the United States or by any State on account of sex.
Notice how it is not saying "All States must allow women to vote."

The Constitution does not grant any power to the States; that is up to their own State Constitutions to do. The US Constitution grants and limits power to the US Federal Government.

The Constitution does occasionally place limits on the State government. For example, the 19th Amendment gives women the Constitutional right to vote by stating:

Notice how it is not saying "All States must allow women to vote."

It seems like a more nuanced discussion than some are willing to have.

Whenever this topic comes up, I always have questions about how those rights are realized.

As you stated, the Constitution created a very specific federal government. Not an unlimited one.

The 10th amendment does just what it says.....retains powers to the states not given to the Federal Constitution.

However, the way in which states retain those powers (or recognize them) is not truly clear to me.

States have no rights.

States have never had rights.

The federal government does not have rights.

Madison was quite clear:

The powers delegated by the proposed Constitution to the federal government are few and defined. Those which are to remain in the State governments are numerous and indefinite. The former will be exercised principally on external objects, as war, peace, negotiation, and foreign commerce; with which last the power of taxation will, for the most part, be connected. The powers reserved to the several States will extend to all the objects which, in the ordinary course of affairs, concern the lives, liberties, and properties of the people, and the internal order, improvement, and prosperity of the State.

Both governments have powers. In the case of the federal government they are few and defined.

In the case of the states, they are much much more. (indefinite).

The 14th amendment does not change that.

AS IN NO STATE?

You'll need to get clear on which laws.

You, again, are correct, no government has rights. People will say "You have no right...." when speaking of the federal (or other governments). They are correct. What they are probably contesting is the power of the government to do something.

This is where we need to be very careful.

I used to utilize that language too. Someone I respect pointed out that we created a very SPECIFIC federal government and gave it all the power it needed to carry out it's SPECIFIC responsibilities.

I appreciate your first statement which seems lost on many. There is no specific mention of health care in the constitution. Some will improperly appeal to the general welfare clause as an avenue for the federal government, but this is the ends justifying the means. States, on the other hand can do what they want with health care and several have systems in place.

Many states had passed 10th amendment resolutions.

I wondered what happened to that movement ?

Forum List

Back