Proselytizing in non-religious threads question

Status
Not open for further replies.
Looks like I have my own stalker poodle- saveliberty. That one has trolled this thread from page #1. I thought she left the forum anyway? Why did she return and, more importantly, why is she biting my ankles?

Sent from my BN NookHD+ using Tapatalk

Atheist attacks in non-religiouis threads are inappropriate, and they must stop or the poster pinked.

Want to try that in English Jake? Nary a warning here, maybe you need to refresh your free speech rights?

Neither atheists nor religionists should make pro and con attacks on or about religion in non-religious threads.

All I'm saying is that giving preference to one sky pixie over another, or no sky pixie (my view), is wrong. Allowing her to plaster the board w/ her proselytizing is tacit approval.
Last I checked so long as the post is on topic or close the Poster gets to decide what goes in the post. Further there is no separation of church and State here so go whine somewhere else.

Looks like I have my own stalker poodle- saveliberty. That one has trolled this thread from page #1. I thought she left the forum anyway? Why did she return and, more importantly, why is she biting my ankles?

Sent from my BN NookHD+ using Tapatalk

Told ya you shouldn't have rolled in the catnip.

Less a religion makes sense, the more it proselytizes.

Judaism: forbids proselytizing outright
Christianity: lots of proselytizing
Islam: doesn't proselytize so much as hold knives and swords to your throat encouraging conversion
Mormonism: mandatory proselytizing for male members
Scientology: sues you if you knock it enough, a kind of proselytizing

And atheists don't go door to door, preaching and screeching that its their way or the highway (to hell).

As to the OP, just as preaching should be kept in churches, it should be kept in the religion forum here at USMess.

Was thinking about this stuff last night. Religions are all bad ideas. They enable an abuse of power when you say "It's this way because GOD said so." Yet every religion's made by Man. Whereas non-theist systems like humanism don't contain these abuses of power. If we wanna say "It's ok to kill" whoever says that better be able to come up with some irrefutable logic to support it. Religion's only have to say "GOD told us it's ok."

We have a certain member :eusa_whistle: here going around bible thumping :eusa_pray: in non-religion threads. :eusa_eh: Can that be nipped-in-the-bud :talktothehand: , as it were?

she's going around posting paragraphs of bolded text talking about her sky pixie. I think its inappropriate.

Liberals spew their religion all over the board. I find their faith based views offensive. Will YOU tell your comrades to shut up with their liberalism please?

I'm not going to hold my breath on this one.

Rikurzhen Are you saying that talking about liberalism should not be allowed on this entire board?

Or, are you saying that atheists talk about atheism "all over the board"?

If its the former, :cheeky-smiley-018:

If its the latter, I missed those posts that are "all over the board".

Please post links.

It is odd how quick someone on the left screams "Freedom of Speech!" in reference to themselves, but then when someone else exercises their "Freedom of Speech" is magically changes to.... "Can that be nipped-in-the-bud?".

Was thinking about this stuff last night. Religions are all bad ideas. They enable an abuse of power when you say "It's this way because GOD said so." Yet every religion's made by Man. Whereas non-theist systems like humanism don't contain these abuses of power. If we wanna say "It's ok to kill" whoever says that better be able to come up with some irrefutable logic to support it. Religion's only have to say "GOD told us it's ok."
Job 13:5
If only you would be altogether silent! For you, that would be wisdom.

It is odd how quick someone on the left screams "Freedom of Speech!" in reference to themselves, but then when someone else exercises their "Freedom of Speech" is magically changes to.... "Can that be nipped-in-the-bud?".

Don't be melodramatic.

No one has said posters can't preach. They can preach and screach all they want. However, just as they have been given thousands and thousands of tax-free churches, they have been given a forum where they can yammer on and on.

I choose to avoid churches, door knocker bible thumpers and I don't harass them here. I would appreciate it if they would not harass me. As we know, if some are allowed to, they will indeed follow non-believers around, preaching at them. I agree that they should not be allowed to do that.

I don't mind Jeri's idiocy. She makes fundies look like fools. :thup:

Fundies ARE fools but that's their right.

I have a fundie woman working for me but there's a time and a place for everything. As long as she keeps her beliefs to herself, I don't care. One word of preaching at me and she's gone.

Preaching needs to stay in the religion forum.

We have a certain member :eusa_whistle: here going around bible thumping :eusa_pray: in non-religion threads. :eusa_eh: Can that be nipped-in-the-bud :talktothehand: , as it were?

she's going around posting paragraphs of bolded text talking about her sky pixie. I think its inappropriate.

Liberals spew their religion all over the board. I find their faith based views offensive. Will YOU tell your comrades to shut up with their liberalism please?

I'm not going to hold my breath on this one.

Rikurzhen Are you saying that talking about liberalism should not be allowed on this entire board?

Or, are you saying that atheists talk about atheism "all over the board"?

If its the former, :cheeky-smiley-018:

If its the latter, I missed those posts that are "all over the board".

Please post links.

Luddly Neddite,

Pastor Rikurzhen has a bizarre delusion that "evil libruls" are spreading their imaginary "Religion of Liberalism" everywhere. :cuckoo: Best to leave the poor deluded fool alone with just the voices in his head to keep him company.

Instead of a bunch of left wing fundamentalists complaining about right wing fundamentalists and visa versa, perhaps it might be better for people to actually distinguish themselves as being somehow different in nature.

It ain't cowboys and indians folks.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum List

Back