Proselytizing in non-religious threads question

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dot Com

Nullius in verba
Feb 15, 2011
Fairfax, NoVA
We have a certain member :eusa_whistle: here going around bible thumping :eusa_pray: in non-religion threads. :eusa_eh: Can that be nipped-in-the-bud :talktothehand: , as it were?

she's going around posting paragraphs of bolded text talking about her sky pixie. I think its inappropriate.

Go to the USMB Lounge. It was my reponse to someone who asked me first and my answer didn't bode well with you. It's called freedom of speech, Dot.

Go to the USMB Lounge and write. I do not visit that forum. Thanks.

- Jeremiah

starting w/ post #4 in Ravi's thread in Current Events. Its a thread killer not to mention that there are other sky pixies than yours..

Go to the USMB Lounge. It was my reponse to someone who asked me first and my answer didn't bode well with you. It's called freedom of speech, Dot.

- Jeremiah
so you are giving out orders now? lol You derailed Ravi's thread.

We tend to pay attention to those things that we are fearful of, so why not fear the Lord who made all things? Obviously a very powerful being. Throught ath attention, God offers us his plan for us and releases us frpom the power of sin. Basically what Psalm 25:14-15 is speaking about. VVV

All I'm saying is that giving preference to one sky pixie over another, or no sky pixie (my view), is wrong. Allowing her to plaster the board w/ her proselytizing is tacit approval.

Pretty much free speech. Of course now you've made a big deal about it, I'm sure you'll be seeing more of it.

- Jeremiah
so you are giving out orders now? lol You derailed Ravi's thread.

No. You are trying to give me orders. That is what this thread of yours is all about. You - not getting your way.

- Jeremiah

Less a religion makes sense, the more it proselytizes.

Judaism: forbids proselytizing outright
Christianity: lots of proselytizing
Islam: doesn't proselytize so much as hold knives and swords to your throat encouraging conversion
Mormonism: mandatory proselytizing for male members
Scientology: sues you if you knock it enough, a kind of proselytizing

Ponder this a while OP:
Those who profess to favor freedom, and yet depreciate agitation, are men who want crops without plowing up the ground. They want rain without thunder and lightning. They want the oceanwithout the awful roar of its many waters. This struggle may be a moral one; or it may be a physical one; or it may be both moral and physical; but it must be a struggle. Power concedes nothing without demand. It never did and it never will."

~ Douglass, Frederick. [1849]

We have a certain member :eusa_whistle: here going around bible thumping :eusa_pray: in non-religion threads. :eusa_eh: Can that be nipped-in-the-bud :talktothehand: , as it were?

she's going around posting paragraphs of bolded text talking about her sky pixie. I think its inappropriate.

Liberals spew their religion all over the board. I find their faith based views offensive. Will YOU tell your comrades to shut up with their liberalism please?

I'm not going to hold my breath on this one.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum List

Back